SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
NO WAY.

Are you *beep* kidding me?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She used up a year of eligibility by playing for Arkansas before transferring to State. Why is she getting a 5th season??

Reaction Score
Since she lost a year of eligibility without redshirting, the NCAA granted a waiver returning an additional year of eligibility to Danberry for the upcoming season

Reaction Score
She used up a year of eligibility by playing for Arkansas before transferring to State. Why is she getting a 5th season??
I think because she played two half seasons. Same for Japreece Dean.

Reaction Score
This was certainly kept under wraps very well. I'm really glad for her though. She only got one season to really shine, and I thought she deserved more based on her situation. She also adds depth at the PG position, which is obviously a concern for this young team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wait. Is the NCAA now changing how mid-year transfers are being treated? It used to be that the games played in the first semester (before December transfer) counted as a full season. There is no injury or medical redshirt. Isn't this new?

Reaction Score
Wait. Is the NCAA now changing how mid-year transfers are being treated? It used to be that the games played in the first semester (before December transfer) counted as a full season. There is no injury or medical redshirt. Isn't this new?
Seems like it. The half seasons have been prominent parts of Dean, Provo, and Danberry’s waivers -- they all basically played two half seasons and two full seasons. Weird, isn’t it?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seems like it. The half seasons have been prominent parts of Dean, Provo, and Danberry’s waivers -- they all basically played two half seasons and two full seasons. Weird, isn’t it?

This is what the NCAA says:

Season of competition: NCAA student-athletes are allowed to compete for four seasons in one sport. Division I and II student-athletes who compete for any amount of time during a season use up one season in their sport.

This has always been the case absent a medical hardship. That has always meant that if a student athlete plays in games during the first semester and then transfers to another school for the start of the 2nd semester, he or she used up a year of eligibility. That has apparently changed. Like I said, the NCAA is making it up now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This was certainly kept under wraps very well. I'm really glad for her though. She only got one season to really shine, and I thought she deserved more based on her situation. She also adds depth at the PG position, which is obviously a concern for this young team.

What? She played in 30 games as a freshman at Arkansas, 31 games as a junior at Miss State and 36 games as a Senior at Miss State. She is now getting an extra season that has previously not been available to mid-season transfers. Would be nice if the NCAA announced this change.

Reaction Score
Jordan Danberry waiver was approved, making her immediately eligible to play in the 2019-20 season at Mississippi State.

Danberry News
She should challenge for the starting point guard position. She is a very experienced player that has been through the wars and can really help keep the team focused. Her strengths are on ball defense and the ability to drive and dish on offense. The area she needs the most work is her shooting range. This is a real game changer for Mississippi State.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
LOL. Look at our board. It was dormant for a month after the Australia game. There were 3 posts per day, last post was 15 hours ago. As T was finishing up her final free throws tonight vs the Liberty, this news drop in out of nowhere, and our board is doing Hawaiian hoola-hoops discussing every thought about Danberry streaming through their head, and every conjecture they can think of. :)

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Also.... at this rate, Te'a Cooper will most certainly get her extra year after this year.

Good news for some people, bad news for others. Probably gonna be some exits in Waco in any case.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a few years ago at South Carolina where we had a MBB player transfer in from Villanova after their exhibition game in which he played. He petitioned the NCAA to get that year back but the NCAA rejected it saying playing in that exhibition was enough to account for a full season of eligibility.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
At this rate, maybe I should petition the ncaa to get another year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
That is pretty damn big for MSU....

Changes things significantly for them. She averaged almost 15 points a game in conference play and was 8th in the SEC in assist to turnover ratio. wow

Danberry
AEH
R. Jackson
Bibby
Carter/Morris

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is pretty damn big for MSU....

Changes things significantly for them. She averaged almost 15 points a game in conference play and was 8th in the SEC in assist to turnover ratio. wow

Danberry
AEH
R. Jackson
Bibby
Carter/Morris
I can’t imagine a scenario where J Danberry doesn’t start. While she played two guard the last two seasons the point guard fits her strengths.
She will be the best on ball defender, most experienced player, and the best at driving to a position. She is an excellent rebounder, especially on the offensive boards. Finally, she is incredibly smart with a consistently high gpa.
While she had the second most assists and steals last year she also had the most turnovers. She also was not automatic at the free throw line (63%) and only took 5 three pointers and made none.
Fortunately the tools are there as is the experience in the system and the league. The biggest adjustment will be whether she can consistently read the defenses and make the correct decisions on what they are giving.

Reaction Score
Uh oh, they just got tougher...in other news, Westbrook better get that waiver or I’m pulling up to NCAA headquarters lol

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom