John A.: Highlights from a difficult win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John A.: Highlights from a difficult win

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
"I always agree with you, but most of the time I don't know what you are talking about."

That's the kind of incisive thinking we need on the Boneyard.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't think it is a good idea to game plan for BS to take 20 shots a game, which is what Geno seems to want.
Seems like when you do that, a lot of things can become forced. Isn't UConn offensive philosophy is to pass the
ball and get the best open shot possible instead of forcing the issue to get a particular player a certain number
of shots ? I have seen game where Kobe Bryant only attempt 5 shots and focus on distributing the balls to the
open man, granted it does not happen often.

Geno wants her to take the shots...check her season averages for success of this strategy, unless this is a new trend and then yes, we SHOULD bench her. :eek:

Geez, we play a bad game and win by 30, and it's the end of the world.....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Probably needs a thread of its own but I feel that one of the players most affected (negatively) by the new rotations is Bria Hartley.
She's had an unusual season; sometimes playing like a superstar, Occasionally disappearing.

In her case, whatever issues (if any) have less (IMHO) to do with the return of KML and Morgan, more with her changed role in the offense with MoJeff's emergence. I sense unease.

Although perhaps more suited to a #2 guard, I think she relishes running the point and hasn't quite found her spot as shooting guard (taking into account Geno's predilection for combi-guards).

I've been thinking about this for several weeks…there is always the possibility that she's not completely fit; that her ankle is not 100%

Morgan didn't play a great deal until late but I was wrong about Morgan last year with regard how her injuries reduced her playing time and I'm not going to go there again.
I understand your point about Bria, though I don't think she's uncomfortable about playing the #2 guard, for which she really is better suited. I think that this team is just so deeply-stocked with talent that a player like Bria, as good as she is, is always going to give the appearance of being sometimes a superstar, sometimes disappearing....just so many people to pick up the slack at any given moment. In my opinion, the "emergence" of MoJeff as one of those huge talents has had a major positive impact on the team's success, sometimes at the apparent cost or disadvantage to Bria's stats, but Bria continues to be a key contributor. I think it's one of the things young women have to expect when they accept a role in this program. If Bria were playing most anywhere else, she'd be a consistent superstar in ways that would be reflected, time and again, in the box scores. That's not going to happen here....though national championships will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom