John A.: Geno responds to Muffet's comment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John A.: Geno responds to Muffet's comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND announced it was joining the ACC for the 2013-2014 season on March 12,2013. UConn already had its OOC schedule in place by then and would have had to break an existing agreement to fit ND in to its schedule. UConn refused to do that. It should also be noted that UConn had 16 OOC games on its schedule -- 2 more than in previous years -- so adding another game was not possible. I'm also sure UConn had little motivation to say yes to Notre Dame after the way conference alignment played out.

The schools have since agreed to play beginning next season.
The thing is why on earth would Geno want to help out a conference that has repeatedly duck*ed UCONN in the conference realignment wars the past several years. If Muffit's so happy being in her new league then tell her to go play FSU three times.

Reaction Score
If Muffit's so happy being in her new league then tell her to go play FSU three times.
She wouldn't want to play FSU three times. ESPN isn't going to be clamoring to get the ND-FSU extravaganza on Big Monday. If you want national exposure, you pretty much have to play UConn. Next to Geno, TV is our biggest asset.

Reaction Score
The whole point is a non-factor to me. We have dominated ND for awhile, years really. They get some wins under their belt against us and now they are cocky; good for them and good for the women's game. We still own the Irish in total wins. We just have to take care of business on our side and hopefully we meet them in the Finals.

Reaction Score
Muffet's comment on the selection show was a pretty brash statement but I'm not sure that both teams will make it to the Final.

Look at all the upsets in the men's torunament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom