John A.: Geno in no hurry to get KML and Tuck back | The Boneyard

John A.: Geno in no hurry to get KML and Tuck back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Exactly what we would have expected from Geno.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
To me, it depends on context, Meyers: if Geno volunteered this statement, out of the blue, then, yeah, I might raise an eyebrow. If it was in response to a question about return dates, or in reply to a statement along the lines of "and, just imagine when KML and Morgan get back!", then I find it pretty innocent.

Reaction Score
Geno has always put the kids health as a priority, that is what makes him the best. It also has to be reassuring to the parents that their child's health comes first.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To me, it depends on context, Meyers: if Geno volunteered this statement, out of the blue, then, yeah, I might raise an eyebrow. If it was in response to a question about return dates, or in reply to a statement along the lines of "and, just imagine when KML and Morgan get back!", then I find it pretty innocent.
I'd rather take a glass half empty approach. ;)

Reaction Score
Actually don't like the sound of that. Kind of cover for they are not going to be back for awhile. i.e. rehab is not going as well as it could. hmmmm.
What did you expect on the time for them to return? It has only been two weeks. Mosqueda-Lewis is still wearing the arm brace, and as reported last week could barely lift a softball. It's gonna be awhile, and fans need to be patient. Clearly the team is clicking on all cylinders without them and has forced some to really step up their game. After watching the effectiveness of the players they do have, I think they'll be OK even at Duke.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The problem is, I'm sure both of the girls ARE anxious to get back. Nobody wants to see them come back too early, and risk re-injuring themselves. But the hardest thing to do is keep an athlete from coming back from an injury before they should.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'd rather take a glass half empty approach. ;)
yeah, there's definitely a few folks who choose to sit in that pew, here in the Church O' Geno. Sometimes, after a rare loss, that side of the sacristy is SRO - kinda like midnight Mass, when the guest singers are caroling.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite sayings: "Some say the glass is half-empty. Some say the glass is half-full. I say, the glass is too big!":p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What did you expect on the time for them to return? .
Well I didn't really have expectations. I suppose I was hoping for the earlier time frame. i.e. if they say 4-6 weeks, they get back in the 4 week time frame as opposed to the 6 week time frame. But it sounds (to me, and hopefully I am over analyzing this) like they are looking more at the back end of the time frames. I'd just prefer the front end of the time frames. Less rust, more playing time for them. For the kids specifically it shortens their Jr/So season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm reminded of one of my favorite sayings: "Some say the glass is half-empty. Some say the glass is half-full. I say, the glass is too big!":p
I always say my glass is lying shattered on the floor. :cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Good news is that I think that Geno is sincere given the results of the team play starting with MD that the team will be fine and that getting the two kids healed properly is the top item on the agenda as it should be.

The team beat two ranked teams by greater margins than last year and averaged almost 100 ppg against the other 4. Two players have gained invaluable minutes and experience; one in recovery and regaining her confidence and the other gaining new confidence that she and we have wanted to see for a long time.

Reaction Score
P.S., a good sign was that KML was passing the ball to players during warm ups at the game yesterday.

Reaction Score
P.S., a good sign was that KML was passing the ball to players during warm ups at the game yesterday.
Wouldn't read too much into that. She was doing that a week after the injury. She's using her other arm. I did notice she seemed to have more range in being able to bend her arm after the game when they were going through the line, so I guess it's better than seeing her with her arm completely immobilized.

Reaction Score

I saw that too. She used her left arm last week, now she used her right arm. She can definitely throw the ball with the arm in a sling. Looked good!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Always good to look at the full quote rather than John A's tweet. Here's what John wrote with Geno's quote. Sounded like he was responding to a question about the Duke game:

Geno said he is in no hurry to get either Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis or Morgan Tuck back from their injuries. And playing Duke on Dec. 17 at Cameron Indoor isn’t going to cause him to rush the situation.

“Nope, it’s not important to me at all,” Auriemma said. “And I don’t have any expectations for either of them. I just take my que from the medical staff, and when they say they look great, that doesn’t automatically mean they are ready to start practicing again. When that time will be? I don’t know. Could be next week, more than that … I don’t know.”

Reaction Score
Well I didn't really have expectations. I suppose I was hoping for the earlier time frame. i.e. if they say 4-6 weeks, they get back in the 4 week time frame as opposed to the 6 week time frame. But it sounds (to me, and hopefully I am over analyzing this) like they are looking more at the back end of the time frames. I'd just prefer the front end of the time frames. Less rust, more playing time for them. For the kids specifically it shortens their Jr/So season.
Meyers7 you are over analyzing and speculating to the negative. Why? I saw KML last night at the St. Bonnie game in pre game warm-ups snapping passes back to the shooters with the protective brace on her right arm. That for me was a great sign that she has not lost too much strength in her arm and the repair of nerve damage is proceeding nicely. In any event she and Morgan will be back soon enough; before or after Duke. The team will steam roll regardless if we have 7 or 9 strong + 2 (Polly and TLaw)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Be reminded. Geno's focus is on having his team peak at tournament time, in the spring, when the NC is on the line. Victories during the season are a means to this end.

Reaction Score
Actually don't like the sound of that. Kind of cover for they are not going to be back for awhile. i.e. rehab is not going as well as it could. hmmmm.
I think he means that he'd rather have them wait until they're ready instead of risking them coming back too soon not 100 percent.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score

UConn fanatics think the glass is completely full, even though it isn't!

The inquisitive troublemaker wants to know what's in the glass anyhow...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The inquisitive troublemaker wants to know what's in the glass anyhow...

chickenglass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc