Joe D's WTIC invitation... | The Boneyard

Joe D's WTIC invitation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was just listening to WTIC Sportstalk. Joe D. just mentioned that Wednesday night's program will be an open mike night for UConn fans to call in & give their opinions on where they think this season is headed. So 'Yarders, you have your opportunity to blow off steam on the 50,000 watt flamethrower.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Was just listening to WTIC Sportstalk. Joe D. just mentioned that Wednesday night's program will be an open mike night for UConn fans to call in & give their opinions on where they think this season is headed. So 'Yarders, you have your opportunity to blow off steam on the 50,000 watt flamethrower.
I'll believe it when I hear it. Callers will be told that the program is in its infancy, so we must be patient. Trailers, realignment, fastest 1AA to a BCS bowl game, yadayadayada.

Reaction Score
Today was a day when I wish we had a Paul Finebaum-type program around here. I get the UConn football fan base isn't wide enough to support that, but it seems UConn football is now much more interesting topic than either the Whale season that starts Friday or some book about Tom Brady.

Reaction Score
, but it seems UConn football is now much more interesting topic than either the Whale season that starts Friday or some book about Tom Brady.
Boy I sure hope this era never ends...

Reaction Score
Dan...if you call and mention the boneyard a Wiki page will be built for you and it will not be pretty. Don't you do it.

Reaction Score
bump. . . . Today's P quotes should add even more fun to the discussion. Would love to hear discussion about the first-down playcalling, lack of throwing to tight ends, and timeout issue at the end of the first half. Just hope host & callers speak respectfully to one another

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan...if you call and mention the boneyard a Wiki page will be built for you and it will not be pretty. Don't you do it.

did i say i was going to call? chesus

maybe i will now just to piss u off. and please make me a wiki, it will only add to my drunk ego.

Reaction Score
Joe D is very much different than Dez - he will just push disconnect and then mock you when you are offline...

Can see the poll tomorrow... Is Joe D a Loser.

Reaction Score
the show usually starts at 6:10 or so. I think the number is 860-522-WTIC. Not positive though

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Phone lines are gonna melt! Hope Joe D 's got the fire suit on.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll pay cash to the Boneyarder who calls and repeatedly refers to Joe as "Mr. Jacobs" until he gets cut off.

Second prize money goes to the Boneyarder who calls and asks Joe if he can get Wayne Norman's autograph.

This will be the first and last open call night.

Reaction Score
I'll pay cash to the Boneyarder who calls and repeatedly refers to Joe as "Mr. Jacobs" until he gets cut off.

Second prize money goes to the Boneyarder who calls and asks Joe if he can get Wayne Norman's autograph.

This will be the first and last open call night.
Give me tix for the rest of the home games and I'll say anything that's not violent.

Reaction Score
Calls being taken now be nice and make our fans sound more intelligent than our HC........

Reaction Score
Good job with the calls, folks....we got some of the elephants in the room covered. Joe was fairly ego-free tonight (although I was a little miffed when he tried to remind me that Mike Foley was the TE coach....duh).....

Reaction Score
Kelly from Milford gets my vote. . . . her observation from her seat behind UConn bench is that no one is talking to the OLine when the defense is on the field. Id hate to think that's the case but based on everything else Ive seen it is very easy to believe. Will keep my eyes peeled Saturday.

Reaction Score
I've seen this in games at the Rent. I've seen Coach Foley in the vicinity looking frustrated. This is another PP area of failure, he walks the sideline intently listening to his headphones but doesn't seem to be involved in anything, just giving a Rah Rah line doesn't cut it, he should be able to go over the x's and o's on a wipeboard if necessary. The difference in Coaching styles between him and Jim Calhoun as far as what is going on, on the field of play is astounding.

Reaction Score
Kelly from Milford gets my vote. . . . her observation from her seat behind UConn bench is that no one is talking to the OLine when the defense is on the field. Id hate to think that's the case but based on everything else Ive seen it is very easy to believe. Will keep my eyes peeled Saturday.

GDL is upstairs

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Did anyone ask Joe D why he thinks looking like a Billy Joe imitator is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom