Jim Mora: Something feels different | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora: Something feels different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on the fact that they just officially announced the offensive coordinator literally 5 minutes after the parade ended its obvious the program has intentionally kept things quiet so that it doesn't detract from hoops. Looking forward to football season now!

Reaction Score
Based on the fact that they just officially announced the offensive coordinator literally 5 minutes after the parade ended its obvious the program has intentionally kept things quiet so that it doesn't detract from hoops. Looking forward to football season now!
And that announcement didn’t even have a quote from Mora. So strange

Reaction Score
Jeezus! This FB board is in a bad mental place and I get it after all the years of disappointment and failure but seriously, how are those of you still believing that a power conference invite is coming going to handle the fact that soon, the top 60 programs will break off from the NCAA and form their own mega conference and we will most likely be on the outside looking in? I hope beyond hope that I am wrong but I worry for you guys!

Reaction Score
Jeezus! This FB board is in a bad mental place and I get it after all the years of disappointment and failure but seriously, how are those of you still believing that a power conference invite is coming going to handle the fact that soon, the top 60 programs will break off from the NCAA and form their own mega conference and we will most likely be on the outside looking in? I hope beyond hope that I am wrong but I worry for you guys!
Hey Scooby pipe down. In 1985 no one would predict 11 Women’s and 6 Men’s National Hoops Champs. You’d have been sent to Nachaug for an evaluation or they would have changed your Dorm to the Mansfield Training School

I’m not betting the ranch on a Big Ten Invite, but I’m not an Uber realist like you either. Hope you enjoyed the parade today!

Reaction Score
Why does it need a quote from Mora? I’d much rather see the change rather
Why does it need a quote from Mora? I’d much rather see the change rather than coachspeak but that’s just me

Ok. Last post from me. No bigger FB fan. But it’s pretty odd that a HC names an OC and doesn’t comment on his qualifications or his fit or his work ethic or whatever. To wit.
UConn Football Names Matt Brock New Defensive Coordinator - University of Connecticut Athletics

Lack of a quote combined w a general lack of UConn-led social media about spring practice is just quite odd.

I’ll take off the conspiracy kitty hat now and just hope for the best. But nature abhors a vacuum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok. Last post from me. No bigger FB fan. But it’s pretty odd that a HC names an OC and doesn’t comment on his qualifications or his fit or his work ethic or whatever. To wit.
UConn Football Names Matt Brock New Defensive Coordinator - University of Connecticut Athletics

Lack of a quote combined w a general lack of UConn led social media about spring practice is just quite odd.

I’ll take off the conspiracy kitty hat now and just hope for the best. But nature abhors a vacuum.
It’s clearly an odd situation. Maybe he felt a need to take a step back and start over. Last season was a disaster after a promising year one. Hopefully, he was taking some time to re-evaluate and get his head straight before diving back in. There’s definitely some value in stepping outside the pressure cooker for a while. My business is very high stress. I’ve been sitting in the woods for 10 days with my wife and my dogs and now I’m dying to get back to work. He’s lived and breathed UConn since he was hired. A break in Idaho and some R&R may be what he decided was needed. He also has a new wife that may have told him to take a chill pill. I’m a lot more worried about the skill level of the players than I am about the mindset of the coach right now.

Reaction Score
It’s clearly an odd situation. Maybe he felt a need to take a step back and start over. Last season was a disaster after a promising year one. Hopefully, he was taking some time to re-evaluate and get his head straight before diving back in. There’s definitely some value in stepping outside the pressure cooker for a while. My business is very high stress. I’ve been sitting in the woods for 10 days with my wife and my dogs and now I’m dying to get back to work. He’s lived and breathed UConn since he was hired. A break in Idaho and some R&R may be what he decided was needed. He also has a new wife that may have told him to take a chill pill. I’m a lot more worried about the skill level of the players than I am about the mindset of the coach right now.
Fair enough. I’m worried about both

Reaction Score
Every time I try and rationalize something very odd is in fact not very odd, I'm always wrong. Something is seriously wrong, hope it isn't health related.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
so…it’s probably nothing…Mora is not a quitter.

What it is is disappointing. This program desperately needs his energy and positivity. I remain hopeful we will get an update from him soon. I hope that Benedict realizes that the loyal football fans are frustrated.

This is easy to fix.

Reaction Score
Hey Scooby pipe down. In 1985 no one would predict 11 Women’s and 6 Men’s National Hoops Champs. You’d have been sent to Nachaug for an evaluation or they would have changed your Dorm to the Mansfield Training School

I’m not betting the ranch on a Big Ten Invite, but I’m not an Uber realist like you either. Hope you enjoyed the parade today!

Pipe down? Because I don’t share your view? Tell you what, you keep doing you.

Reaction Score
so…it’s probably nothing…Mora is not a quitter.

What it is is disappointing. This program desperately needs his energy and positivity. I remain hopeful we will get an update from him soon. I hope that Benedict realizes that the loyal football fans are frustrated.

This is easy to fix.
They should have been working on transitioning the convo from winning basketball team to spring football. That's what a healthy program would do. I worry they don't really want to talk football

Reaction Score
On March 15 I started a thread titled “Is anything going on?” Seems like years have gone by in that span. Not much going on still, but folks are getting itchy. It’s like the scene from the old war movie with 2 soldiers in the trenches, “It’s quiet out there, too quiet”. Hopefully all hell is about to break loose in the FB program, in a good way!

Reaction Score
This may be a weak thread, since I don’t have any solid info; but I just get a different feeling from Coach Mora nowadays. It started with his comments about needing more financial commitment during last season. He was obviously very frustrated by the poor start the team had. But in his first season, he was very visible, very enthusiastic, and very positive. He was absolutely everywhere as he ingrained himself into the fabric of the school and the state of CT. He was a walking billboard!

Now, he doesn’t even mention UConn football on his Twitter profile! He retweets some things, but we don’t hear as much from him as we used to. Is the bad feeling I’m getting justified or is it just needless paranoia? I feel like I wouldn’t be surprised if one day soon, he announces that he’s leaving.
It could be anything. Maybe his wife hates living in the Northeast, or he misses Idaho or Charlton or both? His house is being haunted by the ghosts of UConn past? He has to move into a new office because Hurley’s getting his old one?

JK, I think you should relax. I think otherwise, maybe he’s quietly optimistic now that he has a good DC, and a promising new OC who knows what Jim wants. Now he can focus on what a head coach needs to focus on.

Reaction Score
If I can get within shouting distance of Mora next Sunday, I’ll just flat out ask him why he’s been silent on the social media. Hopefully I have a solid report back to this thread by Sunday evening

Reaction Score
Pipe down? Because I don’t share your view? Tell you what, you keep doing you.
Sure, you can do you, and I can do me, but don't worry about us, the folks who you think are going to crack up if the Football dream/P? dream doesn't work. Didn't mean to offend, but your post was offensive to those that see no choice but to keep working and supporting as best we can.

We'll continue to support Husky athletics and Football as best we can. In the meantime, IF there is a chance, we need to be ready to do all we can to capitalize. From the $50 donor to the Governor of the state. Yeah, all the positive vibes in the world don't mean much against the powers that seem aligned against us, but if the Yormarks of the world see a rabid fanbase that can be additive to another conference, maybe there is a chance.

Reaction Score
New; GM, S&C, DC, OC, Passing Coord, Senior D Analyst...New K and P for special teams Literally everything is in transition.
Lots of work to do. Build new working relationships. He will say something when he has something to say.
Plays to the narrative that he is busier than a one armed paper hanger. As a CEO, he has overhauled his Organization at every major position. Once again, seems he realizes that Social Media goes but so far, W's speak much louder. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Sure, you can do you, and I can do me, but don't worry about us, the folks who you think are going to crack up if the Football dream/P? dream doesn't work. Didn't mean to offend, but your post was offensive to those that see no choice but to keep working and supporting as best we can.

We'll continue to support Husky athletics and Football as best we can. In the meantime, IF there is a chance, we need to be ready to do all we can to capitalize. From the $50 donor to the Governor of the state. Yeah, all the positive vibes in the world don't mean much against the powers that seem aligned against us, but if the Yormarks of the world see a rabid fanbase that can be additive to another conference, maybe there is a chance.

I support all UConn athletic programs and always will. I’m in the camp that believes our administration has let us down in the past though I admit looking back, it is hard to imagine that how things have transpired could have been foreseen but still I believe that at certain critical times our administration has been short sighted and slow to react.

So, where are we now? I agree we need to capitalize but let’s not plan on getting a power conference invite. We need to think outside of the box and we need to raise money, a lot of money.

Personally, I just don’t believe that we are getting any type of lifeline from a viable power conference maybe the ACC but I doubt that too unless and until it loses FSU and Clemson. I also never really believed that the B12 was a real option. I do think the B12 commissioner and maybe some schools like Kansas would have been in support but I don’t think we would have been voted in even without the Pac 12 imploding.

It would be great to capitalize on the opportunity to get into that Top 60 world but I sure as heck hope our administration isn’t counting on it that is all.

No reason to take offense, it doesn’t mean I bleed any less blue than you.

Reaction Score
I can see a way to rationalize away everything about this as a blown out of proportion, "UConn fans are conditioned to always assume the worst because a lot of times it's been" thing... except for one part. I still can't figure out why the hell he'd remove UConn from his bios on his socials.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I can see a way to rationalize away everything about this as a blown out of proportion, "UConn fans are conditioned to always assume the worst because a lot of times it's been" thing... except for one part. I still can't figure out why the hell he'd remove UConn from his bios on his socials.
IMG_3046.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89