Jeremy Lamb - Real GM Analysis of his Second Chance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb - Real GM Analysis of his Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just preseason but 16&4 last night in 25 minutes, and MKG suffered a dislocated shoulder last night that could sideline him into the regular season. Clifford said he is sliding Batum up to the 3 spot(he plans on playing him at the 2 and MKG at the 3 when healthy), so Lamb has a real good chance to get some work in and solidify himself ahead
of Hairston and Daniels in the wing rotation.

Reaction Score
Very excited for lamb. he knows if he can play to his potential he will earn a starting spot + extension discussion. Put up like an alec burkes esque year ( per 40 numbers) he could be on his way to 10mill+ a year with this new cap... ok maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but the opportunity is being served on a plate to lamb. I know he isn't starting this year, but batum can walk in '16 and IMO mkg would be a fantastic 4.

watching them vs the heat now, its a thing of beauty seeing our '11 title team backcourt reincarnated. I'm also a fan of Lin.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
There are a few things that could play in Lambs favor this year. The biggest being on an EC team. A lot more dreg to put up numbers against. The second being the lack of any real established shooter on Charlotte. The third obviously is the presumed relationship with Kemba (he was on the outside in OKC, widely reported he was in a small faction that was not in favor). Fourth, no Scotty Brooks.

Probably more, but this is a great shot for the kid to finally show something. He might only be the second guard off the bench after Lin but he has a chance to get regular minutes, which he didn't have in OKC.

Reaction Score
getting worked by wade smh, still the mouse in the house. hes gotta use that length more on d man

C

Chief00

Lamb has faults but being able to create his own shot is not one of them. His defense is inconsistent and if you get physical with him it is believed it effects his game. He played well with Kemba but could not become the leader the next season.

Reaction Score
very excited for the ample playing time he can earn, the hornets however will be terrible unless zeller or hairston make some crazy leap . atleast they have their picks for 2016 draft

Reaction Score
time to show and prove, the consistency in his game has got to come.

caw

Reaction Score
MKG is going to be out for six months, so Lamb better be ready to go.

That Batum trade looks pretty good now. So Lamb should either be the starting 2 or first guard off the bench. Who else does Charlotte have they can play next to Kemba? Gotta start one of the Jeremy's, right?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Im hoping that Charlotte's starting 1-3 is now Kemba, Lamb, and Batum. Something tells me those three will have great chemistry together, people are also totally sleeping on Batum's skills due to his poor year last season. There have been some rumblings that Clifford wants to play Lin alongside Walker, I hope thats false.

Reaction Score
Frankly walker needs to improve his overall gameplay, he has an elite first step and elite ball handling. His shot mechanics would indicate he would be an excellent non contested jump shooter ( he is abhorrent, and fancies way too many mid range pull ups) ... Lin actually does a lot of better things than kemba but he isn't as talented on either side of the ball.

Synergy is a real thing and maybe lamb and kemba can work to make themselves better ball players and defenders. Lamb and Batum have no excuse for not being 39%+ 3pt shooters, so that should also help... honestly i'm expecting a lamb coming out party. He'll be receiving the most tick of his career in CHA, and he's had moments in okc no doubt. just no more lackadaisical defense please jlamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom