Jeff Adrien to the Pelicans | The Boneyard

Jeff Adrien to the Pelicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great to hear, the best game I ever saw JA play as an NBAer was against the Pelicans a couple of years ago while with the Bucks, the Pelicans announcers were raving about him. Hopefully he doesn't get caught up in the numbers game like his last stint with the Rockets.

Reaction Score
very nice. i love the pellies upside; a potential playoff team under the reigns of a new offensive minded coach.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If I am reading things correctly, that means the minimum he will make is $1,185,784. He's already made $3,314,407 in the NBA. That's a total of a little over $4.5 million in 6 years. Agents are capped at 4%, so about $4.3 million before taxes. Basically like making $125,000 for 35 years and that doesn't include any endorsements (which I expect aren't huge) but getting it all up front. If he's been smart with his money and invested, he should be set and anything else is gravy. Hopefully he puts a few more million dollar years in.

Reaction Score
If I am reading things correctly, that means the minimum he will make is $1,185,784. He's already made $3,314,407 in the NBA. That's a total of a little over $4.5 million in 6 years. Agents are capped at 4%, so about $4.3 million before taxes. Basically like making $125,000 for 35 years and that doesn't include any endorsements (which I expect aren't huge) but getting it all up front. If he's been smart with his money and invested, he should be set and anything else is gravy. Hopefully he puts a few more million dollar years in.

He is also making bank in China, and that is not a bad worst case scenario for this year

Reaction Score
These contracts are often not guaranteed, so dont start counting those millions ye

Reaction Score
He has 150+ NBA games in parts of 5 seasons. Not sure how that works toward a pension but he probably isn't there yet. You need three season to qualify which is 246 games. He's young enough to make it if he can stick with someone for over a year.

Reaction Score
He will bring his hard hat and lunch pail and fight for every rebound. Good stuff! I hope Diarra is taking notes.

Reaction Score
He has played in 153 games, but has been on an NBA roster for significantly more. The 153 games does not include te DNPs. I would think an NBA pension would be based on games on the roster and not games played.

Reaction Score
Any idea what an NBA pension looks like? Dollar figures? Do they get that money annually upon retirement or once they reach 62/67?

Always been curious about pro player pensions.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yeah, no team needs a guy who plays as hard as he can and grabs lots of rebounds.
I NEVER said he was useless, it's just unfortunate that he's on a team behind Ryan Anderson and the best power forward on the planet.

Reaction Score
I NEVER said he was useless, it's just unfortunate that he's on a team behind Ryan Anderson and the best power forward on the planet.
what is unfortunate about it? he isn't a starter in the league, but can carve out a nice role off the bench under Gentry. seems like a strange way to look at it. its sort of comparable to people clamoring for bazz to find a team where he can start when the fact is he needs to first prove he can be a good back up pg... well adrien has proven he can play minutes off the bench in the nba. but thats about his ceiling @ age 30

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
what is unfortunate about it? he isn't a starter in the league, but can carve out a nice role off the bench under Gentry. seems like a strange way to look at it. its sort of comparable to people clamoring for bazz to find a team where he can start when the fact is he needs to first prove he can be a good back up pg... well adrien has proven he can play minutes off the bench in the nba. but thats about his ceiling @ age 30
Did you ignore the words Ryan Anderson? There won't be any backup minutes unless someone gets hurt. Still nice to see him back in the NBA, but that guys right. He's in a very Ollie like situation...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anderson has been pretty injury-prone the past two seasons. Davis still hasn't been healthy for a whole year. There are worse spots to be in.

Reaction Score
Did you ignore the words Ryan Anderson? There won't be any backup minutes unless someone gets hurt. Still nice to see him back in the NBA, but that guys right. He's in a very Ollie like situation...
No i didn't ignore ryan anderson. That entire front line is injury prone, so spot minutes can be earned ahead of perkins and cunningham, two guys JA could outplay completely. I'm also not sure what your point is; does jeff adrien deserve an opportunity to start immediately on an nba team? not really, he isn't good enough. sorry. neither was ollie. point being any situation in the nba is a good situation for these kind of players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99