Jean Marc Koumadje Visiting August 22nd | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jean Marc Koumadje Visiting August 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dunno, wasn't the voting by objective observers? And they didn't lose in the regular season. And they only missed the FF by a bucket. Nelson was a deserving choice, not like that fraud Jimmer.

Fredette's raw stats are extremely comparable to Nelson's. He was more turnover prone, but other than that they're about equal.

But I do agree that win shares is certainly flawed to an extent(especially in basketball).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'd caution against using draft slot to prove talent though, especially future draft slot (as a player might spend a year or two more developing in college). UK was supposedly more talented than us last year, and will have more drafted players from those two teams in the final analysis, but if you look at who had the most talent on the floor that night, it was UCONN.

Future draft slots, I agree, aren't all that relevant, but where a player was drafted after the season in question is a pretty fair indicator of how good the player was that year (allowing for 1 & done guys like Orton). The fact that Battier went #6 after his senior year isn't proof of how good he was in 1999; the fact that he was the Defensive Player of the Year was. And the fact that Carawell was ACC POY the following year doesn't prove how good he was in 1999, but considering he was only a rotational player on that team, that tells you they had some good talent. I just don't agree with your final sentence. There are many reasons why we won but a superior overall level of talent just isn't one of them. We can agree that it was an awesome game and there were many cries and hugs to be had on the Duke bench afterward, regardless of how talented they were.

Reaction Score
Did you notice further down in that article, Ali is planning visits to UCLA and Louisville. Why would he consider those better programs that UConn?

Reaction Score
Did you notice further down in that article, Ali is planning visits to UCLA and Louisville. Why would he consider those better programs that UConn?

Where did he say he considered them better programs than UConn?

Reaction Score
We all know this is about a lot more than which program is perceived as being "better," not that he even said that's why he's visiting those schools in the first place.

Reaction Score
they are "clo$er to home" in Prince's words...lol

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ucla is a pretty good basketball and located in California, why wouldn't a kid want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom