Jean Marc Koumadje Visiting August 22nd | The Boneyard

Jean Marc Koumadje Visiting August 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I like this kid for UConn. Already looks more coordinated than Thabeet did as a frosh and wouldn't need to contribute a ton of minutes right away on a team with Brimah as the incumbent (no way he leaves after soph year) and a senior Nolan. He's obviously a physical specimen but also a project and therefore as close of a lock to stay for 3-4 years as you're likely to find. If Stone/Enoch is Big Man Plan A, I'm not losing sleep over a CK/Enoch Plan B.

pj

Reaction Score
Thabeet II. Either Stone or Koumadje would rival Okafor as the best center we've had. Stone would be better offensively, Koumadje defensively.

Reaction Score
Thabeet II. Either Stone or Koumadje would rival Okafor as the best center we've had. Stone would be better offensively, Koumadje defensively.

Nobody knew this guy existed two weeks ago and now he's going to be one of the best centers we've ever had? You do realize that Okafor was a first tean all-american and national defensive player of the year, right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Koumadje a distant third in terms of talent to Stone and Enoch? I know Stone is heads and tails above the other two, but I know nothing about Kou.

I think Koumadje is in competition with Stone, and also with Comanche and Sharma, but Enoch isn't going to preclude us from picking up one of those other guys.

pj

Reaction Score
Nobody knew this guy existed two weeks ago and now he's going to be one of the best centers we've ever had? You do realize that Okafor was a first time all-american and national defensive player of the year, right?

OK, I'll confess to over-enthusiasm. But have heard good things about him. 7'4" is a huge advantage in basketball.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

They'd have to stay at least 3 years, be the effective NPOY, and win a Championship.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nobody knew this guy existed two weeks ago and now he's going to be one of the best centers we've ever had? You do realize that Okafor was a first time all-american and national defensive player of the year, right?

And effectively the NPOY. Jameer Nelson? Please. NCAA tourney bore out the real result. Same with Kemba and Jimmer.

Reaction Score
And effectively the NPOY. Jameer Nelson? Please. NCAA tourney bore out the real result. Same with Kemba and Jimmer.

Four times UConn has had the likely runner-up to the NPOY awards (possibly five, as I'm not sure where Rip ranked in '99), and, in my opinion, three of those guys (Ray in '96, Emeka in '04, Kemba in '11) got jobbed. In Okafor's case, it wasn't close. Nelson was a staggeringly bad choice for NPOY.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Four times UConn has had the likely runner-up to the NPOY awards (possibly five, as I'm not sure where Rip ranked in '99), and, in my opinion, three of those guys (Ray in '96, Emeka in '04, Kemba in '11) got jobbed. In Okafor's case, it wasn't close. Nelson was a staggeringly bad choice for NPOY.

Not sure about Rip's ranking either, but Elton Brand absolutely deserved NPOY that year.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Rip's ranking either, but Elton Brand absolutely deserved NPOY that year.

Yeah, Rip would be one of the two (the other being Donyell) who finished behind the correct NPOY. Ray, Kemba, and Emeka should have one.

Reaction Score
Rip could have been pick player of the year over Brand. Rip ave. 21.5 pts vs Brand 17.7, Rip ave 4.8 boards vs 9.8 for Brand, Rip ave more assist. Brand played for Duke and had more talent on that team than UCONN and got a lot more media attention. Rip would have been just as deserving as Brand had he been picked POY.

Reaction Score
As Grant Hill said to Rip's father at the Final 4, "Your boy is the baddest in the land."

Reaction Score
Rip could have been pick player of the year over Brand. Rip ave. 21.5 pts vs Brand 17.7, Rip ave 4.8 boards vs 9.8 for Brand, Rip ave more assist. Brand played for Duke and had more talent on that team than UCONN and got a lot more media attention. Rip would have been just as deserving as Brand had he been picked POY.

Nope. Brand was 2nd in the country in Win Shares with 10, behind only Sczcerbiak, who played a much, much weaker schedule. Brand was definitely the dominant player in college basketball that season. Rip was definitely easily behind him.

Reaction Score
How many Lubin units?

That is a difficult question. He is appears bigger than Lubin, yet nobody is really bigger than Lubin. Lubin is a man among men, like Chuck Norris only much bigger. This 7'4" boy is no more than .25 Lubins.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
That is a difficult question. He is appears bigger than Lubin, yet nobody is really bigger than Lubin. Lubin is a man among men, like Chuck Norris only much bigger. This 7'4" boy is no more than .25 Lubins.

A Lubin is a measure of weight (248lbs). That would make JMK 62 lbs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Rip played 3 more minutes per game. Rip avg 1.6 more assists per game, while Brand outrebounded Rip by 5 boards. Much greater impact by Brand there.

Also, Brand had 2.2 blocks per game and shot 62% from the field. Rip avgeraged 0 blocks and shot 44.3%. Yes it's because of position, but that matters in terms of efficiency and impact on the game.

And I liked UCONN's talent more than Duke's talent myself, but I know I'm in the minority.

Reaction Score
Rip destroyed Brand in the title game and took home the hardware, that's all that matters and you are definitely in the minority thinking UConn had more talent than Duke.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
CK is an intriguing player...would be fun to watch him develop. I wonder about Chance Comanche. Anyone know if we are a real player in his recruitment? He's gotten some great reviews lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom