January recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

January recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New local article on Leah Macy ('25):

During her absence from the floor, Macy also got to take a New Year’s visit to UConn, one of the many college basketball powers in pursuit of her commitment — “I really enjoyed it. It was amazing,” she said. She said she plans to take the recruiting process slowly and will probably make no more college visits until her high school season is over.

“I would say I’m down to like, eight (schools) or so,” Macy said. “And I’m just still building relationships with the coaches. We can take official visits now, but I don’t think I’m gonna take any until I commit, just because I took the unofficials I want. So I think I’m gonna wait it out this high school season.”

Sounds like a sensible, well rounded player, the type that does well at UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Impact freshmen:

Lauren Hassell, Clarksville Christian (Clarksville, Tenn.)
6-3 | Forward

Hassell has already reached the 1,000-point plateau and is averaging a team-best 17.3 points per game along with 7.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 2.5 steals for her 12-9 squad. Her father and coach Trenton Hassell played nine seasons in the NBA so the pedigree is already there.

Qandace Samuels, Bishop McNamara (Forestville, Md.)
6-2 | Wing

The younger sister of UConn freshman Qadence Samuels is making major contributions for nationally-ranked Bishop McNamara. Qandace is a sharpshooter who loves to spot up and bury the 3-pointer.

Kaleena Smith, Ontario Christian (Ontario, Calif.)
5-6 | Guard

The point guard has been a viral sensation for a few years. She is averaging 35.1 points, 6.3 assists, 3.9 steals and 3.4 rebounds per game. Ontario Christian is 20-3 and she shined on the big stage at the Nike TOC in Phoenix.

Ivanna Wilson-Manyacka, Bullis (Potomac, Md.)
6-2 | Post

Wilson-Manyacka is averaging a double-double — 15.0 points, 10.2 rebounds — as the 12-4 Bulldogs have played a challenging national schedule thus far. She has great footwork along with the frame to compete at the Division I level.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/25

Morgan Cheli: 13 points, 4 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals

This game was 73-2 at one point so not super competitive. But Cheli sure is special. From the opening play where she goes behind the back before stepping through for two, to her first great pass in transition two plays later, to a no-look drop bounce pass in the 50th minute, to her dogged pressure of the ball.

WATCH HERE:

Reaction Score
1/25

Morgan Cheli: 13 points, 4 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals

This game was 73-2 at one point so not super competitive. But Cheli sure is special. From the opening play where she goes behind the back before stepping through for two, to her first great pass in transition two plays later, to a no-look drop bounce pass in the 50th minute, to her dogged pressure of the ball.

WATCH HERE:

A coach’s dream to get a talent like that with a motor that never stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom