January recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

January recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You can scratch Jasmine Davidson off the target list. She's down to 8 schools and UConn isn't among them. LSU and South Carolina are, of course.

Davidson says she has narrowed her focus recently though to help with the level of attention she’s getting. She is currently considering USC, UCLA, Stanford, Duke, South Carolina, LSU, TCU and Texas.

Reaction Score
Full game IMG Academy (Kelis, Lara Somfai) vs Bishop McNamara (Qandace Samuels). I didn’t watch all of it so I don’t know if Lara played. Her jersey is #4, Kelis is #1.

This game was from Dec 9, it must have been before Somfai got there. She didn’t play and I didn’t see a #4 on the bench.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Morgan began following Kaelyn Carroll a few weeks ago. She's a 6-2 F out of Mass, plays for Tabor Academy (go Molly Bent). I think she may have already visited UNC and Vandy.

Kaelyn is following back. Ella Peper, another Bay Stater, is also a player of interest

2B186931-C7C7-4B3F-975E-26F005F620C2.jpeg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
G/W Morgan Cheli, Archbishop Mitty (California)
Signed with: UConn | 2024 ESPNW 100 Ranking: 18

Cheli is a swiss-army knife type of perimeter player. Over the course of the last 18 months, she has gone from a slashing wing with a nice pull-up jumper to an all-around guard that often carries the lead guard duties for her No. 1 Archbishop Mitty squad. She has added some wiggle to her handle and dramatically improved her effectiveness from 3 with her high release shot and elevation. The 6-2 future Husky is an excellent passer, quality rebounder and very versatile on the court. She'll see some minutes at the guard and forward position at UConn when she gets to Storrs for next season.

G Allie Ziebell, Neenah (Wisconsin)
Signed with: UConn | 2024 ESPNW 100 Ranking: 4

Ziebell is a silent assassin. She has a tough unflappable quality about her and nothing rattles her on the floor. She is adept at getting to her spots -- whether with the ball in her hands or moving without the ball off of screens and actions -- and knocking down shots at a high percentage. Ziebell makes quick decisions with the ball and as a result is a quality facilitator for her teams. She will fit in with coach Geno Auriemma and the UConn style of play -- skilled and smart and ready to counter what the opponent throws at her.

F Sarah Strong, Grace Christian Sanford (NC)
Not Committed | 2024 ESPNW 100 Ranking: 1

Strong may be the most unique player we have seen in years. She has a powerful game, but a feathery touch. She battles inside for boards, but can create space to pull a 3 off the dribble. Strong can play inside and out, but also facilitate the offense for her teams. She is soft spoken but has a competitive fire while carving out space to own the boards like she owns real estate in the paint. As talented of a scorer as she is, the most impressive thing Strong does is pass. At this time, she is undecided on her college destination but is considering UConn, UCLA, LSU, North Carolina, and Oregon.

Reaction Score
UConn recruit Gandy Mamel dominates the last five minutes to lead her team to a tough win........when she gets position down low, she's a load to stop although was blocked twice by a smaller, quicker defender.........I'll say this, the kid can make her layups but needs to work on her hands and rebounding position......

Reaction Score
I think she's been the best 4/3 in the 2025 class all along. I'm disappointed and very surprised there hasn't been more UConn interest considering the interest she has in them. Look at the next to last paragraph in this article.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder this is not a discussion thread. Please take those comments to the speculation thread.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ayla is a 6-2 wing from Texas, class of 2025. It will be difficult to lure her out of Texas, IMO

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New local article on Leah Macy ('25):

During her absence from the floor, Macy also got to take a New Year’s visit to UConn, one of the many college basketball powers in pursuit of her commitment — “I really enjoyed it. It was amazing,” she said. She said she plans to take the recruiting process slowly and will probably make no more college visits until her high school season is over.

“I would say I’m down to like, eight (schools) or so,” Macy said. “And I’m just still building relationships with the coaches. We can take official visits now, but I don’t think I’m gonna take any until I commit, just because I took the unofficials I want. So I think I’m gonna wait it out this high school season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom