Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConNick said:
Have you met Senior Omar Calhoun? Seriously tho I think Omar turns it around big and possibly even starts next year. By 2015-16, he should be a NY stud, and ready to give us a consistent 15 on the wing.

I like his game. But its not that of a true Sf.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And Shabazz was in the 70s, not the 30s.

Let's split the difference. Bazz was a top 50 recruit and a high 4-star across the sites. Also keep in mind that he was a late reclassification to 2010 and several services hadn't fully evaluated his game since they had him as a 2011 recruit. He was a 94 grade and 4-star on ESPN. Rivals and Scout had him as a 4-star too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And Shabazz was in the 70s, not the 30s.
To be fair Kemba was a top 15 player coming out of high school and a McDonald's All-American
Hate to be pedantic because I agree with your sentiment, but Kemba was ranked 6, 14 and 14 in the country by scout, rivals and espn, respectively, and he was a consensus five star.

Yeah, I was being lazy and not wanting to look them up. Wasn't Kemba in the 30s when we started recruiting him? Could be someone else I was thinking of.

Reaction Score
Let's split the difference. Bazz was a top 50 recruit and a high 4-star across the sites. Also keep in mind that he was a late reclassification to 2010 and several services hadn't fully evaluated his game since they had him as a 2011 recruit. He was a 94 grade and 4-star on ESPN. Rivals and Scout had him as a 4-star too.
4 stars go all the way through 100.

Not to nitpick but Napier was 98 on Rivals.com: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-1909/0. He was 62 on Scout.com: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2010

And I do agree that his late reclassification probably was a big factor in his misranking (is that a word?).

Reaction Score
To me, this kid's the best PG option we're after or has even verballed in this class.. We need him. He's got the ability to run this team... He's got a little Cardiac/Bazz/Boat in him...

Reaction Score
I remember that he (Bazz) just cracked the top 100 with Rivals. At that point it became pretty clear to me that there wasn't a heck of a lot of difference between nos. 50-100. And that was 4 years ago. Now, however, it seems to be even more difficult. How can someone like Brimah be under the radar that drastically? You have to give tremendous kudos to the UConn staff on judging talent. To me, that's why I rely less and less on the number after the recruit, and more on how hard the Staff goes after him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I remember that he (Bazz) just cracked the top 100 with Rivals. At that point it became pretty clear to me that there wasn't a heck of a lot of difference between nos. 50-100. And that was 4 years ago. Now, however, it seems to be even more difficult. How can someone like Brimah be under the radar that drastically? You have to give tremendous kudos to the UConn staff on judging talent. To me, that's why I rely less and less on the number after the recruit, and more on how hard the Staff goes after him.

Mainly because he wasn't that good in high school. Very, very raw, as we saw early this season. Hard to rank a kid who has been playing only a few years, and has made leaps every one of them. I can't imagine how clueless he was as a Soph/Jr in high school.

Fortunately for us, looks like he'll be a good one.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was being lazy and not wanting to look them up. Wasn't Kemba in the 30s when we started recruiting him? Could be someone else I was thinking of.
why let facts get in the way of a good argument. :)

I seem to remember Kemba having a modest ranking before blowing up during the summer and climing into the top 20 in the post summer rankings.

And Bazz was grossly under ranked due to his reclassification.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
I get points 2 and 3, but 1? Sounds a bit fanboy to me. We're UConn. We beat them out for DD and that worked out pretty well for all parties. Except KU, that is.

Kansas fans say that we got DD because we paid him cash. Seriously.

Reaction Score
Kemba was outside the top 100 when he committed to us in June of '07, but was considered to be a player who was about to blow up. That summer, his AAU team, the New York Guachos, won about every tournament they played in and Kemba really exploded as a premier player.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
BAD NEWS for us hoping to get Jalen:
Current Kansas PG Nadiir Tharpe expected to transfer.
Leaves a big gap for them at G next few years... and we're looking loaded.

Reaction Score
Not worried. A New England kid has a chance to play in his backyard for the hottest coach in college hoops and for a blue blood.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Tharpe was going to be gone by the time Jalen Adams got there. He's graduating after next year.

I think it makes it more likely that Graham goes to KU. According to Jerry Meyer, Graham doesn't want KU recruiting another PG for 2015, so that could have an impact on Adams. We'll see if KU feels like Adams is a PG or a SG if they land Graham and continue to pursue Adams.

Reaction Score

Tharpe would be a senior next year. He doesn't figure into Adams's situation at all. If anything, this clears the way for Graham.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like his game. But its not that of a true Sf.

This was the first of our four titles where we used a "true SF," and we often went with a 3-guard lineup.

1999 - Rip
2004 - Rashad/Denham
2011 - Lamb
2014 - Giffey, but also Kromah and Samuel

Giffey is probably a 3 at the next level, but everyone else is a guard. All I'm saying is, Omar can play the 3 in college.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Devonte Graham down to Kansas & NC State, if he goes to Kansas that could help

Just heard from a KU friend that Tharpe is transferring. That could seal the deal.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we recruited Tharpe out of high school? He is a local kid. I wonder if he looked at us while transferring

Reaction Score
Providence could certainly use him but there is no spot for him here and he's not good enough to play here.

Reaction Score
Providence could certainly use him but there is no spot for him here and he's not good enough to play here.

He's not an All-American but he was honorable mention all conference and averaged 8.5 points and 5 assists a game at Kansas. He's clearly good enough to play here. That being said I can't imagine there's much interest from UConn's end.

Reaction Score
UMass? Chaz is gone so perfect timing ………

Not a fan at all of his game so let's pass please………..

Reaction Score
He's not an All-American but he was honorable mention all conference and averaged 8.5 points and 5 assists a game at Kansas. He's clearly good enough to play here. That being said I can't imagine there's much interest from UConn's end.
The only reason the kid played so much is Kansas had absolutely nothing else at point guard. I've watched the kid his whole career and he's pretty bad, certainly wouldn't be getting any minutes over our guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom