Jahlil okafor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jahlil okafor

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I never got to go 108. WTF?

Duke being represented well. SMU football before the death penalty even looks cleaner now.

SMU made the cardinal sin of not being important enough to get the 'nothing to see here treatment'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Vitale died when Greg Paulus graduated. Since then, ESPN has been doing a "Weekend At Bernies" thing.

Minor correction, I think it was actually after Jon Scheyer. Paulus was a little before.

Although Greyson Allen is currently leading to a Walking Dead situation.

Reaction Score

yeah, my boys ( Sixers ) are horrible... the sad part is we have some decent talent... just lack any veteran talent that can help lead the team.. Upper management forgot the memo on that part... Get a nice talented vet PG along with a veteran or two (on C/PF type and the other a 2G/SF type) we'd have something... totally immature, undisciplined basketball team, no leader on the floor. no one to help guide our kids off the court either... The coaches aren't players anymore. big difference.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
yeah, my boys ( Sixers ) are horrible... the sad part is we have some decent talent... just lack any veteran talent that can help lead the team.. Upper management forgot the memo on that part... Get a nice talented vet PG along with a veteran or two (on C/PF type and the other a 2G/SF type) we'd have something... totally immature, undisciplined basketball team, no leader on the floor. no one to help guide our kids off the court either... The coaches aren't players anymore. big difference.

They need a Charles Oakley on that team. Although Charles liked to have himself a good time, he'd still whip those youngsters in to shape. As immature as Okafor is, Embiid is way worse. That kid's 13.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They need a Charles Oakley on that team. Although Charles liked to have himself a good time, he'd still whip those youngsters in to shape. As immature as Okafor is, Embiid is way worse. That kid's 13.
KInd of like what the Bucs are doing with Jameis Winston. They brought in Lovie Smith as the coach and Derrick Brooks as a mentor.

Reaction Score
you know its strange, tyreke evans got arrested for reckless driving going 120 on a interstate in sacramento, at gun point. okafor doesn't even get a ticket?

Reaction Score
KInd of like what the Bucs are doing with Jameis Winston. They brought in Lovie Smith as the coach and Derrick Brooks as a mentor.
I get what you are saying but those are two different sports.. you need a mentor on the court in the NBA... a guy that can relate to you while off the court as well. Look what they're doing with the Minnesota Timberwolves. They have a mentor in Kevin Garnett. Doesn't exist in Philly.

Reaction Score
Come on, he's not crying out for help. He's an overly entitled brat with too much money and not enough sense for his own good.

Do I think he's a bad kid? No. Do I think he's a young dumb_ass? Absolutely. Dumber and more immature than average. He's got the mark of a kid who has been told 'yes' his entire life.
I still think at age 19, and ready to throw all away is a signal for help. A couple of incidents were somewhat suicidal (I'm sure he doesn't think so). It could be a matter of an elder helping in into adult transition. He is not on the right path and needs guidance, real fast. The 76'ers sure are messing around with their investment with no older player(s).

But teenagers are teenagers and danger/risk can be a drug of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom