Ivan Rabb talks package with Stone, Newman | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ivan Rabb talks package with Stone, Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Strange twist. California kid will probably stay out west but with Kentucky calling who knows. I myself think Kansas is somewhat overrated. They are popular among the recruits and have the reputation more on past accomplishments and Self does less with more. What's their last 15 Year's look like?

Actually not that bad:

7 - Elite 8's
4 - Final 4's
3 - Finals Appearances
1 - National Championship (2008)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6292

Reaction Score
Not bad. How about the last 10, or 7 , or 5. The last few I believe have some flameouts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you look at the rest of the quote it becomes apparent that there is no master plan.

Me, Diamond and Malik, we’re all planning to kind of go to school together,” Rabb said at the Peach Jam.
“But I’m not really 100 percent. They’re more serious than I am because we all have different schools that we’re looking at…so I make my own decisions at the end of the day because I’m my own man. But if the opportunity is right and I think it’s a good decision, then maybe that might happen.”

C

Chief00

When I mentioned rumors of a 3 x deal a week ago I got a lot of flack - now you know what I was referring to . Does that mean I think it will happen - my guess is no. But, many variables in play. Of the 3 I am told Stone is the strongest UConn lean. There is skepticism that Newman will leave the South. There are also rumors that the UK coaches are the ones planting these Package Deal seeds with players.

pj

Reaction Score
There are also rumors that the UK coaches are the ones planting these Package Deal seeds with players.

No surprise there -- they're the school with about 12 scholarships opening up. If a big package is to happen, it can only be to them.

Reaction Score
Hear there was a misunderstanding on this whole thing……Rabb was talking about his package with those guys for whatever reason. Maybe from now on these kids should use the word "johnson" when around these recruiting guru's huh?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
When I mentioned rumors of a 3 x deal a week ago I got a lot of flack - now you know what I was referring to . Does that mean I think it will happen - my guess is no. But, many variables in play. Of the 3 I am told Stone is the strongest UConn lean. There is skepticism that Newman will leave the South. There are also rumors that the UK coaches are the ones planting these Package Deal seeds with players.

Nobody believes you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Xavier Rathan-Mayes and Andrew Wiggins worked out well.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Hear there was a misunderstanding on this whole thing……Rabb was talking about his package with those guys for whatever reason. Maybe from now on these kids should use the word "johnson" when around these recruiting guru's huh?

Will their johnsons all go to the same college?

Reaction Score

The rumor of the 3x package deal came from a twitter convo between Newman and Stone, not you. As I've said before, you provide good information but please, only take credit for the info you are responsible for and people will take you a lot more seriously.

Reaction Score
Now there are 3 in a package deal? 2 would have heavy odds against but if you were going to bet on 3 you would have better odds buying a lotto ticket.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Chief00 said:

Intriguing, Chief.
Please tell me how can subscribe to your newsletter.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is it bad that I'm still entertained by it though?

Not at all! I went back to check to see just exactly what he purportedly "predicted" last week. Here's what I found: Chief noted that someone else had reported a possible 3-way package and questioned whether the player who visited with Stone -- the identify of whom Chief did not know; Chief was asking if anyone did know -- might be part of the package being referred to.

In his mind, though, that's a prediction of a 3-way deal with Stone, Newman and Rabb.

He's like the love child of Chris Broussard and Baghdad Bob: Taking credit for popular predictions and/or well-known facts and then revising history as needed.

But then again, we're all part of the confederacy of dunces conspiring to prevent his genius from being recognized.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not at all! I went back to check to see just exactly what he purportedly "predicted" last week. Here's what I found: Chief noted that someone else had reported a possible 3-way package and questioned whether the player who visited with Stone -- the identify of whom Chief did not know; Chief was asking if anyone did know -- might be part of the package being referred to.

In his mind, though, that's a prediction of a 3-way deal with Stone, Newman and Rabb.

He's like the love child of Chris Broussard and Baghdad Bob: Taking credit for popular predictions and/or well-known facts and then revising history as needed.

But then again, we're all part of the confederacy of dunces conspiring to prevent his genius from being recognized.

This is also one of my favorite parts of chief posts: the inevitable debunking of claims.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's a rumor of a Strummer/intlzncster package (small one of course) being offered to the Orange Board……….

Well, I can't speak for strummer, but I assure you that I fall smack dab in the middle of the spectrum. I've heard they don't accept that sort of thing over there....'envy' and such.

Reaction Score
malik newman @iammaliknewman · 4h
Conversation with the two tress
1f44c.png
@YoungIvee @Diamond_Stone33

doomed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors