Ivan Rabb talks package with Stone, Newman | The Boneyard

Ivan Rabb talks package with Stone, Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zags is infatuated with package deals. Not buying this for a second.

Reaction Score
Zagoria needs to have the word removed from his word bank, he tries to drive this nonsense more than anyone, all for blog hits.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If a school has more than one new player a year, is it automatically a package deal? That seems to be the implication in these things. Package deal means they're going to the same school no matter what, not that they all might end up the same place.

Reaction Score
Rabb plays for the Oakland Soldiers. They are basically the D league team for Arizona. No way he packages.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will be happy when the early signing period is over and done with. I am tired of these speculation out there.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Rabb plays for the Oakland Soldiers. They are basically the D league team for Arizona. No way he packages.
I completely agree. It would be beyond shocking if Rabb didn't end up at Arizona.

Reaction Score
I think this kid (Rabb) is just bringing up the potential for a package deal because of the attention that it generates. A direct product of the Lebron/South Beach decision that was witnessed by all of these kids, not long ago…

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
It is the Lebron James effect still be felt at the younger levels... only thing is that these kids haven't proven anything but feel that by going in together they can win a championship. What they fail to understand that it takes time and a team effort of kids who have gone through it before that will bring a championship to their school. I want Stone because he is the only one who is not yapping it up.

Reaction Score
I'm only 18 so I understand the idea of wanting to go to college with your friends and the indecision.

I go to college with one of my close friends from high school and we both are mechanical engineering majors. Since we have the same classes we hang out and do work together all the time.

At the same time I can relate to the other side of these packages that don't work out. After years of talking about going to school together (UConn) with my best friend we both ended up going to different schools for different reasons. Its a cool idea and all going to school with your buddy, but these guys have to make the best decision for them, their future, and their family.

Sometimes these things work out and sometimes they don't, but I don't blame the recruits for wanting to "package" one bit.

Reaction Score

I completely agree. It would be beyond shocking if Rabb didn't end up at Arizona.

On Arizona: “I used to get irritated the last few years people just always telling me since I’m playing for the Soldiers that I’m automatically going to Arizona, which is not true. But now I don’t let it get to me. I’m just looking at them from a basketball player’s standpoint. They have a good coach, they win a lot of games and they do some things that I like in their program.”

Maybe he won't end up at AZ. Those are not the kindest words I've heard a recruit say about a school.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think this kid (Rabb) is just bringing up the potential for a package deal because of the attention that it generates. A direct product of the Lebron/South Beach decision that was witnessed by all of these kids, not long ago…

You think they'd notice how bad a PR decision (pun) that was for Lebron. He went from liked to the most hated player in the league overnight. It took him 5 years to restore his reputation.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
On Arizona: “I used to get irritated the last few years people just always telling me since I’m playing for the Soldiers that I’m automatically going to Arizona, which is not true. But now I don’t let it get to me. I’m just looking at them from a basketball player’s standpoint. They have a good coach, they win a lot of games and they do some things that I like in their program.”

Maybe he won't end up at AZ. Those are not the kindest words I've heard a recruit say about a school.
zzzzzzz. Id still bet a weeks pay he ends up at Arizona.

Reaction Score
Strange twist. California kid will probably stay out west but with Kentucky calling who knows. I myself think Kansas is somewhat overrated. They are popular among the recruits and have the reputation more on past accomplishments and Self does less with more. What's their last 15 Year's look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom