Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Actually a tough draw. Doooomed.

We have Bazz and they don't though.

Reaction Score
Good draw except first round game against St. Joe's will be tough. I think we match up with Villanova really well. I like no Mich St. In the second round.

Reaction Score
I was a bit surprised we got 7 seed i was convinced we`d get no lower than a 6 with best case being a 5. st. joes and villanova dont scare me at all. i think we have a good chance at a sweet 16. we just finish going life and death with one of the best teams in the country on a night we couldnt shoot the ball. if brimah plays like he did in the aac tourney we`ve got a great shot at making a run.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
For a while I wondered if we were not going to get in at all.
St. Joseph's will be a very difficult opponent, but hey everything that is worth it in life should be a tough challenge.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I don't like the seed...thought we deserved to be a 5 seed. But I like the bracket. St. Joe's is tough...but if we can beat them, we actually matchup well w Nova, compared to a Michigan State for example. And if we win that...we get to go to MSG. That would be a huge advantage.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was a bit surprised we got 7 seed i was convinced we`d get no lower than a 6 with best case being a 5. st. joes and villanova dont scare me at all. i think we have a good chance at a sweet 16. we just finish going life and death with one of the best teams in the country on a night we couldnt shoot the ball. if brimah plays like he did in the aac tourney we`ve got a great shot at making a run.

I was convinced that we were locked in as a five seed but kept thinking that a six seed (in general, not our case specifically) may be a better fate as it keeps you away from the one seed a bit longer.

If we play well we can make a nice run. If we don't we can get knocked off before the first weekend. St Joe's will be tough, well coached but also limited. It will be entirely on us to bring our A game and not throw away many possessions.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Was convinced we had PC in round 1 and became more convinced as show dragged on. By the way, does it always drag like that or just when we're in the last bracket?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about St. Joes
They have two big, combo guards (both around 6' 3") and a power forward (Kanacevic) who @ ~ 250 lbs is the kind of guy who has given us trouble this year but if we dictate pace we can do well as their entire bench played seven minutes today.

I think we'll need Olander to bang a little with their big (they don't play a center and their other two forwards are ~ 6'6" 215lbs each) and both Bazz & Boat need to not let the height disadvantages get to them.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I almost forgot:

Doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about St. Joes

I don't know enough about St Joe's, but when it's one and done, I'm worried cuz anything can happen. If we play the D we played in the AAC tourney, and Brimah (a big part of that) can stay on the floor, then we'll be a tough out.

Reaction Score
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

Reaction Score
They have two big, combo guards (both around 6' 3") and a power forward (Kanacevic) who @ ~ 250 lbs is the kind of guy who has given us trouble this year but if we dictate pace we can do well as their entire bench played seven minutes today.

I think we'll need Olander to bang a little with their big (they don't play a center and their other two forwards are ~ 6'6" 215lbs each) and both Bazz & Boat need to not let the height disadvantages get to them.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
Don't care about Nova just beat St Joes……..the A10 love affair by this committee makes me want to beat them even worst…….of course they are a pretty good team but we're better…….JUST WIN

Reaction Score
Have the game times been decided yet? I know it's on Thursday. Want to know what time I should take a long "lunch break" if I'm still at work :)

Reaction Score
All 5 of St Joes Starters played at least 37 minutes. I like our chances if they are only gonna play 5 players.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Have the game times been decided yet? I know it's on Thursday. Want to know what time I should take a long "lunch break" if I'm still at work :)
Thursday and Friday are vacation days. Last year was the first time I've worked those days in at least 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom