Isola: Knicks are 129 mil poorer. | The Boneyard

Isola: Knicks are 129 mil poorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw my 1960's highlight real and giving me a max offer!

Reaction Score
Pfffft…..
- more years of mediocrity, at best...

Reaction Score
Anthony hasn't committed to the Knicks, according to his agent... He may, buy those reports are not 100% accurate at this moment. I'd love to see him leave...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Knicks have been to the playoffs every year but one since Melo arrived to NY. Not to mention the scoring champ on their 54 win season a year ago. Melo (until this year) made the playoffs 9 consecutive years. Tell me another player from his class that has done that. If you hate Melo because he went to Syracuse, then that's your own problem but you can't knock his talent. And the genius' that are going to respond to he's a loser or can't get past the first or second round are the same people that have admitted to not watching the NBA so you're analysis on an NBA player is completely meaningless. Feel free to post that same lame garbage, you're on my ignore list so I can't see it anyway going forward.

Last edited:

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Knicks are the dumbest organization on earth but that's not news to anyone. They gonna suck for a long long time.

One year removed from three straight playoff appearances and a division title, that's a very brilliant analysis.

Reaction Score
Solid rebuttal, a lot of facts and thoughtful analysis.

Nuggets won 57 games his first year gone. Knicks won 37 this year.

"lmao"

If you're blaming last year's Knicks on Melo then you clearly didn't watch them play. Aside from Hardaway Jr no one outside of Melo had a good game let alone season.

The Knicks' biggest problem has already been addressed. The NBA is a point guards league and Raymond Felton was beyond the worst. It's hard to stop anyone when the opposing PG can do whatever he wants because Felton couldn't guard me.

Reaction Score
One year removed from three straight playoff appearances and a division title, that's a very brilliant analysis.
Oh great, it's the guy that got lost looking for a Knicks board and never left!

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 18h
Several days ago -- and maybe it's changed since but... -- 'Melo hadn't even been able to reach LeBron James, sources tell Yahoo.

Said it a hundred times, no chance a guy like Lebron wants to play with Melo.

There are smart Knicks fans who realize their best chance to win a title is not building a team around Melo, then there are guys like you

Reaction Score
If you're blaming last year's Knicks on Melo then you clearly didn't watch them play. Aside from Hardaway Jr no one outside of Melo had a good game let alone season.

The Knicks' biggest problem has already been addressed. The NBA is a point guards league and Raymond Felton was beyond the worst. It's hard to stop anyone when the opposing PG can do whatever he wants because Felton couldn't guard me.
It is a point guards league but Rose, Paul, Williams, Curry, Westbrook, ect. have 0 titles.

Yet Chalmers has 2. Tony Parker was 11th in PER this year.

Stockton has 0 rings, and Kerr and Armstrong can put one on each finger on their right hand.

Reaction Score
Knicks have been to the playoffs every year but one since Melo arrived to NY. Not to mention the scoring champ on their 54 win season a year ago. Melo (until this year) made the playoffs 9 consecutive years. Tell me another player from his class that has done that. If you hate Melo because he went to Syracuse, then that's your own problem but you can't knock his talent. And the genius' that are going to respond to he's a loser or can't get past the first or second round are the same people that have admitted to not watching the NBA so you're analysis on an NBA player is completely meaningless. Feel free to post that same lame garbage, you're on my ignore list so I can't see it anyway going forward.

Oh no. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight knowing that I'm on the troll's ignore list.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Oh no. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight knowing that I'm on the troll's ignore list.
I wonder if Silver has a deal with Phil to keep Melo in NYC to prevent the dumpster fire from spreading beyond the confines of the barn on 34th and 8th. If you think about it, it's not a bad play. Like Raider fan (and having lived over there too I know Raider fan) Knick fan is delusional in the sense that they believe their team is going to accomplish something beyond losing in the first round, so their willingness to spend money and make noise is tremendous. Rather than preventing another franchise from actually achieving something, or at least having the potential to do so, Silver and Jackson do the league a favor by mitigating the damage to other franchises. It's a win - win in a manner of speaking; Knick fan is allowed to wallow in its delusion, and the rest of the league is saved from hurting itself.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Silver has a deal with Phil to keep Melo in NYC to prevent the dumpster fire from spreading beyond the confines of the barn on 34th and 8th. If you think about it, it's not a bad play. Like Raider fan (and having lived over there too I know Raider fan) Knick fan is delusional in the sense that they believe their team is going to accomplish something beyond losing in the first round, so their willingness to spend money and make noise is tremendous. Rather than preventing another franchise from actually achieving something, or at least having the potential to do so, Silver and Jackson do the league a favor by mitigating the damage to other franchises. It's a win - win in a manner of speaking; Knick fan is allowed to wallow in its delusion, and the rest of the league is saved from hurting itself.
I'd say most Knick fans (I'm one) make no assumptions about this being a playoff team, so thoughts of going beyond the first round don't even come into play here...

Reaction Score

The thing is, that's the argument every year for Melo. Its always, well this guy had a bad year, or that guy did. The one constant...Melo is on their team! Guys never get better when they play with him. He ruins an offense. Yes he is a great offensive player. But he will destroy an offense and only helps himself. Are we really having this argument again? Its ten years into his career. His resume is pathetic for a "superstar" aside from scoring and individual accolades (all attributed to scoring)

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The thing is, that's the argument every year for Melo. Its always, well this guy had a bad year, or that guy did. The one constant...Melo is on their team! Guys never get better when they play with him. He ruins an offense. Yes he is a great offensive player. But he will destroy an offense and only helps himself. Are we really having this argument again? Its ten years into his career. His resume is pathetic for a "superstar" aside from scoring and individual accolades (all attributed to scoring)

He's an NCAA Champion and Scoring Champion wth 9 straight playoff appearances and multiple all star nods. If you watched him play this year you wouldn't say that he made the offense worse. Guy doesn't have any help and Woodson has terribly regressed as a head coach. Who knows, mayeb Kidd was really the coach of that 54 win team. Without Melo last year that team would have won 8 games.

Reaction Score
He's an NCAA Champion and Scoring Champion wth 9 straight playoff appearances and multiple all star nods. If you watched him play this year you wouldn't say that he made the offense worse. Guy doesn't have any help and Woodson has terribly regressed as a head coach. Who knows, mayeb Kidd was really the coach of that 54 win team. Without Melo last year that team would have won 8 games.
The fact you keep citing Melo as a scoring champion as why hes a winner and a great player tells me all I need to know about your understanding of the game.

The last scoring champ to win a title was Shaq in 2000.

He consistently leads the league in shots, he is a gunner, that is why his game holds his team back. Wake up.

Reaction Score

Dude - try watch the game once in a while. Melo is a scoring champ because he shoots ALOT. He averages 20 shots a game career wise at .455 shooter. There are quite a few NBA players can score as many points per game as Melo if they have the green light he does.

The reason guys like LeBron and Duncan win championships is because you know, they pass the ball to other teammates when they are open. It is a concept Melo has yet to master this deep into his career. The point is he is a ball stopper and he is not a team player. He plays zero defense and teams will never win any championship with him as the center piece.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Dude - try watch the game once in a while. Melo is a scoring champ because he shoots ALOT. He averages 20 shots a game career wise at .455 shooter. There are quite a few NBA players can score as many points per game as Melo if they have the green light he does.

The reason guys like LeBron and Duncan win championships is because you know, they pass the ball to other teammates when they are open. It is a concept Melo has yet to master this deep into his career. The point is he is a ball stopper and he is not a team player. He plays zero defense and teams will never win any championship with him as the center piece.

Actually there was stat on ESPN that Melo passed the ball alot more than people usually give him credit for this past season. I believe he averaged something like 35-40 passes game. You know what usually happends when he passes the ball? Nothing.

Reaction Score
I'm not the biggest 'Melo fan, but I'll never understand why people act like he's this inefficient gunner who would make his team better by passing up shots. He shot 45% from the field, 40% from three, got to the line seven times per game and hit 85% of his free throws once he got there. He has his deficiencies, but there are only two players on the planet better at scoring the basketball, and last I checked, that was a pretty important aspect of the game.

Like basically any player, a strong system and foundation is vital to his success. If you think he had the necessary infrastructure in place with Stat, Felton, Mike Woodson, and James Dolan, then clearly you're just not very familiar with who 'Melo is as a player. You can win with him, and he can be an important part of that winning, but he's not a player like LeBron who is going to hide roster flaws.

To re-iterate: 'Melo isn't a perfect player. I'm not even sure he's a top ten player. But the "you can't win with 'Melo" stuff is just stupid. OK, he hasn't won anything. Neither have a ton of other great players, unless you're telling me you wouldn't want Chris Paul on your team, either.

Reaction Score
It is a point guards league but Rose, Paul, Williams, Curry, Westbrook, ect. have 0 titles.

Yet Chalmers has 2. Tony Parker was 11th in PER this year.

Stockton has 0 rings, and Kerr and Armstrong can put one on each finger on their right hand.

First, Tony Parker is the best PG in the NBA, forget your PER and everything else, give me him over anyone.

Second, Chalmers has LeBron so he doesn't count. LeBron is the exception to all rules. You have that guy you win games.

Third, you CANNOT compare 80s/90s NBA to today's game. It was not a PGs game back then. In fact, if you doubt me listen to the pros. Watch any episode of "Open Court" on NBAtv and you'll hear it. Isiah Thomas regularly says he "wishes" and "dreams" about playing in this era. Stockon point is irrelevant.

And finally do I need to mention that Kerr and Armstrong had Jordan. And that Kerr himself says he was not a PG, but a small 2 that could play point because he "had Michael and Scottie"

But nice try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc