Is UConn Going to Be Able to Beat Miami? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is UConn Going to Be Able to Beat Miami?

Reaction Score
I wanted to edit my post, when PC played them he was attacking, couldn't shoot at all.....hey things change.....you guys should still win.
Last year, he couldn't shoot. But he improved greatly from freshman to this year.

Reaction Score
UConn guard/PG play will be tested severely against Miami's guard strength. That was our Achilles Heal most of the season until the Tourney. They need to have a good game to advance. Very tough matchup.

Reaction Score
Miami had all their starters scoring in double digits and shot 28-32 from the line. Yikes.
Didn’t see the TX game due to traveling, but did check the boxscore and saw the 32 FTs. They must have been attacking the basket all game long. That’s what Arkansas tried. Hope we can withstand their onslaught. I’m reminded of Amin’s comment in 1999 when asked how UConn will be able to deal with Duke’s line-up; he replied, in essence, how are they going to handle UConn? Bringing it to 2023, how will Miami withstand this UConn train that’s only going in one direction and isn’t stopping for anyone?

Reaction Score
I'm glad we're playing Miami, not Texas. Miami is a better team, but Houston would have been a home game for the Horns. It will be an awesome matchup, but Texas has been good to us, hosting three of our championships.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Some people either didn’t watch the Miami game or have no idea why are winning by 20+. Miami plays iso ball and falls asleep on defense. If we play well Miami isn’t capable of beating us. If we beat ourselves we could lose. But a back and forth game it will not be that. We either blow them out or we lose by 7+.

Reaction Score
Hurley has experience facing Larranaga.

This current team has significant more talent, but I did like that team. Whaley, Polly, Gilbert, Akok, Viale those were good guys

Reaction Score
We won't win by 23. That's for sure.
So… 26?

In all seriousness, the game I watched yesterday between Miami and Texas featured virtually no defense played by either team. I don’t think Miami played a team like UConn is their ACC schedule.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I would like our chances in this game if we weren't doomed, but we are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom