Is the Bench for UCONN a top 25 team by itself? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is the Bench for UCONN a top 25 team by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Um, well then stop saying them. You only have to refrain from making up stats and facts (oh, they're just small stuff, and the player won't mind) or critiquing a player from your own voluminous experience to say she has\had no impact to keep lodging a foot in your mouth or another part of the anatomy.
Up to you, but again, I think each Husky player deserves better.
The BY is equipped with enough tools to determine that Slu never said this. Try using the search tool or if you click on his name you can get a listing of all his post.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The BY is equipped with enough tools to determine that Slu never said this. Try using the search tool or if you click on his name you can get a listing of all his post.
Okay, here's a quote from your Slu, "I don't recall Chong having any particular impact." in regards to the detailing of what Chong had done for the Dayton game, along with the factual mistakes. So are you saying maybe that he was saying that she did have an impact? Or if I say something like, "CocoHusky makes no particular sense," that I then should be incensed if someone accuses me of saying that CocoHusky makes no sense? Don't understand.

As noted, I think the Husky players deserve better. Looking in the Search that you kindly pointed out to us, Slu was so kind to share with us his feelings that Courtney was "slow and unathletic" last year after she came back from injury. Candid, sure? Appropriate? Well I guess to some it can always be open season on Husky players, but fortunately they usually get the best of ignorant BY posters.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So are you saying maybe that he was saying that she did have an impact? Or if I say something like, "CocoHusky makes no particular sense," that I then should be incensed if someone accuses me of saying that CocoHusky makes no sense? Don't understand.
You are correct. You do not understand.
Slu Said: "I don't recall Chong having any particular impact."
You said, that Slu said: She had "no impact" in the Dayton game.
The first statement is simply I don't remember Chong having an impact.
The second statement (yours) is definitive, as in Chong definitely had no impact. Why did you twist it this way?
Because it better fits your rant that Chong had a great impact in the Dayton game, & only the "thick" would think Chong did not, we are just "hating" and Husky players deserve better.....Yup right out of the trolling playbook -page 7.

JS

Reaction Score
Slu was so kind to share with us his feelings that Courtney was "slow and unathletic" last year after she came back from injury. Candid, sure? Appropriate? Well I guess to some it can always be open season on Husky players, but fortunately they usually get the best of ignorant BY posters.
Kindly put an end to this debate between two BYers as to whether a third is a "hater" of a player.

Aggressive energies have their place. So does a nice quiet, sedentary hobby.

294069_1.jpg

Reaction Score
I just watched the Tenn-Chat vs UConn game and can answer with a definitive- yes.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I just watched the Tenn-Chat vs UConn game and can answer with a definitive- yes.
Well the bench only shot 7-19, but at 37% that's almost what Texas did and way better than UTenn. So check mark there.

But they grabbed 17 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 steals, 2 blocks, and scored 18 points. The whole Vol team had 3 more assists than the bench's 7 when they played the Mocs. So another big check mark.

Things could get even more interesting when Butler and Boykin join the action. Would be great to see a matchup of UConn #1 vs UConn #2, but I guess they call that practice.

Reaction Score
The 4Q, benches kept UTC only 3 pts. Is that a top 10 team?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So are you saying maybe that he was saying that she did have an impact?

Looking in the Search that you kindly pointed out to us, Slu was so kind to share with us his feelings that Courtney was "slow and unathletic" last year after she came back from injury. Candid, sure? Appropriate? Well I guess to some it can always be open season on Husky players, but fortunately they usually get the best of ignorant BY posters.

Chong's performance against Penn State as a freshmen when the team was w/out KML and Tuck would qualify as a major impact. In the short stretch you pointed to against Dayton she made one good play off the ball and did a nice job face-guarding on a possession. I don't know why it can't be left at that and why suggesting it wasn't some sort of defensive clinic makes one a Chong hater. Nobody on this board hates Chong or any other member of the team.

As for Ekmark, I think she looked that way to a lot of us when she came back last year. Maybe it makes people wince when it's said about girls but there was no malice intended in the comment. She's looked quicker this year, and perhaps not coincidentally, trimmer, as noted by Eric Frede recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom