Is the Bench for UCONN a top 25 team by itself? | The Boneyard

Is the Bench for UCONN a top 25 team by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The way they are playing right now, early in the year, is scary if you are an opponent.
I think all the opponents do not like to see your post...

Reaction Score
Well, they were all ranked in the top 50 when they graduated HS. They would definitely each be a starter somewhere but UConn.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Based on Today's game you would have to give them strong consideration. If you looked at how they played in the first two games, then I would say no they're not.

Reaction Score
Well, they were all ranked in the top 50 when they graduated HS. They would definitely each be a starter somewhere but UConn.
Give me 3 well respected teams and name the replacement who Collier,KLS, and Chong replace in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
I typically don't like to comment on hypotheticals of this nature, BUT................I believe IF they received starters reps, a starting 5 of Butler, Collier and Boykin up front, with a backcourt of KLS and Chong could definitely contend for a top 25 ranking.

Reaction Score
Give me 3 well respected teams and name the replacement who Collier,KLS, and Chong replace in the starting lineup.
Duke, North Carolina, Mayland and many more

Reaction Score
I typically don't like to comment on hypotheticals of this nature, BUT......I believe IF they received starters reps, a starting 5 of Butler, Collier and Boykin up front, with a backcourt of KLS and Chong could definitely contend for a top 25 ranking.
Now I do agree with this.

Reaction Score
Chong would not take Lambert,Angela, nor Becca spot at the guard position. KLS/Collier could arguably take K.Cooper spot, but not Oderah who has started more games but K.Cooper has started the last two in result of her stepping up her play.

UNC isn't respected by anyone outside of their fan base. Have they even won a game yet? Do they even have 10 players?

Can't really defend Maryland. Haven't followed them much since they've left the Acc.

I'll pass on the many more considering your three highly respected schools of choice were Duke, Maryland, and UNC.

Reaction Score
Look the past week from top 2 to top 10 teams. Can you list a team is really respected by people ????

Reaction Score
Based on Today's game you would have to give them strong consideration. If you looked at how they played in the first two games, then I would say no they're not.

Agreed, but they haven't played together as a team.

Reaction Score
Look the past week from top 2 to top 10 teams. Can you list a team is really respected by people ????

Easier to say which coaches you respect: Kim, Muffet, Tara. Not necessarily like as people but respect as coaches. There are many teams with the talent to win, just need a coach.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

smile dog.jpg

Reaction Score
Easier to say which coaches you respect: Kim, Muffet, Tara. Not necessarily like as people but respect as coaches. There are many teams with the talent to win, just need a coach.
Fully agree your point.
I wonder how do they rank next week's top 2 to 10 teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very few, if any, teams have players like Napheesa or Lou coming in off the bench. Or a conference FOY and the #5 rebounder in the country.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Name me three (currently) well-respected teams!

Reaction Score
Name me three (currently) well-respected teams!
California, Dayton(could be a reach), Stanford, Texas A&M, Baylor, Ohio St (have to respect their schedule), Notre Dame, and Florida St, all of whom he/she could of chosen and made valid points ... YET they chose the route of Duke, Maryland, and Unc :confused:

Reaction Score
I am really excited about the bench play this season. The bench has to play to at a high level this season. Several of these players will be asked to start next season. With the departure of possibly 3 All American Starters, UConn will need to replace them with high quality players if it wishes to continue its championship run. I have been particularly impressed with Saniya and Courtney. Saniya is showing confidence her game. She did nothing new yesterday. She just did a lot of the things we know she can do without all of the mistakes in between. Courtney has really refined her game. She is not making the same mistakes she made last year. It may appear that she is not doing a lot, but she actually is. She is doing all of the little things. Doing these little things is what can move her up in the rotation. It will be difficult but I think she has the right plan for getting more playing time. I am a big fan.

I don't think Geno will cut the rotation this year like he has done in the past. I am sure planning for next year is a high priority. By March I expect the bench to be playing at a level inwhich most of them can seamlessly step in for starters. I think that is the plan and I think it will be achieved.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am struggling with the well "respected" part but ... let me start with the 2-4 teams in the country
Chong could easily replace Sessions in the South Carolina lineup and elevate the gamecocks with just her outside shooting.
KLS could easily replace Mabrey in the ND Starting line up and the number of ND flops would exponentially decrease.
Collier could replace Jordan Reynolds or Carter in the Lady Vols starting line up and Collier probably wouldn't have to take off her warm ups to get it done.

Reaction Score
I am struggling with the well "respected" part but ... let me start with the 2-4 teams in the country
Chong could easily replace Sessions in the South Carolina lineup and elevate the gamecocks with just her outside shooting.
KLS could easily replace Mabrey in the ND Starting line up and the number of ND flops would exponentially decrease.
Collier could replace Jordan Reynolds or Carter in the Lady Vols starting line up and Collier probably wouldn't have to take off her warm ups to get it done.
Sessions starts for South Carolina because of her defense. Dawn needs someone to play composed, set her offense, and play tough defense. Can a junior version Chong do this? Can a junior version run point? Now Chong replacing Tina Roy who is their shooter could be more compelling.

I do agree with both Collier and KLS. I've only seen 2 Uconn games so far but I do believe KLS could take Older Mabrey spot. She has one good shooting spurt her freshman year against Uconn and everyone just think she's this knockdown shooter. Very excited to see the younger Mabrey play. She seems to have more of an all around game. AND she plays defense.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sessions starts for South Carolina because of her defense. Dawn needs someone to play composed, set her offense, and play tough defense. Can a junior version Chong do this? Can a junior version run point? Now Chong replacing Tina Roy who is their shooter could be more compelling.

I do agree with both Collier and KLS. I've only seen 2 Uconn games so far but I do believe KLS could take Older Mabrey spot. She has one good shooting spurt her freshman year against Uconn and everyone just think she's this knockdown shooter. Very excited to see the younger Mabrey play. She seems to have more of an all around game. AND she plays defense.
Sessions starts at SC because of Dawn's loyalty to upperclassmen, Wilson, Coates and Cuevas were probably/definitely better that upperclassmen starters at their position last year.
I agree with you on Chong replacing Roy but Roy is not a starter. Also agree that if it comes down to defense Chong would lose to Sessions but Chong is a better slasher, shooter and infinitely better than Sessions at making post entry passes-all of which South Carilina could desperately use.

Reaction Score
Sessions starts at SC because of Dawn's loyalty to upperclassmen, Wilson, Coates and Cuevas were probably/definitely better that upperclassmen starters at their position last year.
I agree with you on Chong replacing Roy but Roy is not a starter. Also agree that if it comes down to defense Chong would lose to Sessions but Chong is a better slasher, shooter and infinitely better than Sessions at making post entry passes-all of which South Carilina could desperately use.
Idk boss, I think Roy could be South Carolina other starting wing, BUT I could be wrong. Hopefully a South Carolina fan stops by and clears this up for us. You do make good points about Chong. That type of ability surrounding the Gamecocks post would be scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom