Is hoping for Megan Walker to come to UConn a lost cause? and other recruiting news | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is hoping for Megan Walker to come to UConn a lost cause? and other recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND played a junk zone that gave UConn fits in the final. Don't think it had much to do with Reimer. She had 11 boards but was 3-11 with 6 TO's.

First off you are right. I am sorry- my fault!! I mis-read the assists vs turnovers for Reimer. She had 2 assists and 6 to's. I thought it was 6-2. My fault! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Now with that said -- Again I don't agree when we compare Reimer vs Tuck in that finals. I just watched up to 48-38. The junk defense you are saying is ONLY when Stokes is in the game. And that was when Tuck was most effective hitting two three's and making a beauty pass. She had 12 points, I believe all 12 pts were at the 48-38 mark. No more after. Which means she did NOT score one basket inside vs Reimer. NOWHERE else in the game up until this point is there any sort or gimmick defense that affects Tuck. Unless Stokes is in. There were no two players on Tuck unless she took quite a few dribbles. She didn't beat Reimer off the dribble like we normally see whle converting/getting fouled leading to a score. Didn't score on her once in the low post. She scored on Westbeld. Not ONE low post score on Reimer by Tuck. Nowhere until the 48-38 do you see defense so collapsed that they are blocking Tuck from getting the ball. They did help out if she put the ball on the floor too much or Reimer made her turn. But that isn't "gimmick." It's a defense going after a big.

So in summary, overall both shot lousy but Tuck was better shooting at efg% of 38.46% (counting the 3's) along with the passing Tuck was much better. Reimer was much bigger on the boards. She more than doubled Tuck 11 to 5. So Tuck was better, yes, but Reimer held her own vs a 1stteam a/a caliber player. That's not what happened in this season when Westbeld faced her. Tuck annihilated ND. SO only once in the last 4 meetings has ND really given UCONN much fits because even Stewie's last game they pulled away but not a blowout. I wouldn't call it fits.

We hear Geno say often when tuck plays well, we usually play well. Well Tuck didn't play that well (though passing 7 assists vs 3 to's darn good but not 4-13 from the floor though 2-3 from 3 good) - and from what I saw in the game up to 48-38 (it is 1:45 am right now though I enjoy watching this game :)) I saw good defense from Reimer on Tuck. Go ahead its okay - other than when Stokes comes in- if you could show me / point out when the "gimmick defenses" happened and are affecting Tuck vs Reimer in this game. IMO from what I saw it wasn't there. Just a fine defensive job by Reimer. In other words, those nine misses by Tuck were minimally affected by any junk defense. Matter of fact Tuck prospered from the junk defenses by nailing her two 3's and making a beauty inside pass up until 48-38. SO if ND didn't have to go/ or elect to go to the junk defense when Stokes entered, Reimer's overall defense on Tuck was outstanding.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Walker is looking for national championships tonight's games didn't help the losing teams. Seems like she has MD, ND & CT among her possibles and 2 of them are home watching. I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of the spring of 2014 when The three freshmen of this year visited and verballed within weeks.

Reaction Score
I couldn't resist. I think ND could have used Taya tonight.

Could have benefited from having Taya AND Jewell. Under normal circumstances they both would have been starting. McGraw had to regroup a bit this year with the key losses to the starting 5. I'm sure she is disappointed with the Sw16 loss, but has to feel good that the program did not lose a step as others might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom