Is Facey being Redshirted | The Boneyard

Is Facey being Redshirted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This may seem to be a question of my own ignorance but I believe that Ketan played in a game earlier in the season but I haven't seen him since. Is he being red-shirted this year?

Reaction Score
This may seem to be a question of my own ignorance but I believe that Ketan played in a game earlier in the season but I haven't seen him since. Is he being red-shirted this year?

Played way too many minutes……..

Reaction Score
He has played even recently. Usually one must not play after a certain % of their games, and prior to a certain point during the early season. Facey has played in too many games, and has played in some March games. Perhaps, only for a minute or two.
Depending on his off season development, UConn may decide to redshirt him next year.

Reaction Score
Why would they red shirt him next year? He's not hurt and we have no clue what he can bring.

Reaction Score

He logged minutes in 22 games so he is not eligible. You can look at his game log on espn. His defensive play and the players in front of him are keeping him on the bench.

Reaction Score
To be fair to the jerky comments, it only takes typing his name in google and looking at his stats to find the answer.

Reaction Score
To be fair to the jerky comments, it only takes typing his name in google and looking at his stats to find the answer.

Or maybe the poster is a young kid trying to learn the rules.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just to set the record straight, you cannot redshirt if you play even a minute of basketball, even the exhibitions. Once you step on the court in a game with real refs, you have used that year of eligibility.

A medical redshirt is a hardship waiver that can be (have to petition the NCAA) granted to return that year of eligibility if the player is injured and has played in less than 30% of the games.

Facey used a year of eligibility this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am so sorry
sarcasm-meter.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just to set the record straight, you cannot redshirt if you play even a minute of basketball, even the exhibitions. Once you step on the court in a game with real refs, you have used that year of eligibility.

A medical redshirt is a hardship waiver that can be (have to petition the NCAA) granted to return that year of eligibility if the player is injured and has played in less than 30% of the games.

Aaaaaaand, that's all it took. Once you waded through all the dreck.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kentan clearly has a lot of talent. He played in too many games to redshirt this year, but should be a significant contributor from next season going forward. He is athletic, runs the floor well and has excellent shooting form and good natural shot-blocking ability. He also has a good nose for the ball as a rebounder,

But, he is thinner and shorter than Nolan and Brimah and not as skilled as Daniels. His ability to move laterally and cover quicker players on the perimeter still is a work in progress (signficantly below Giffey and Kromah in that regard). Hence, the relative lack of playing time this year. But, with further hard work during the off-season, he hopefully will be in the rotation at both the 3 and the 4.

Reaction Score
Kentan clearly has a lot of talent. He played in too many games to redshirt this year, but should be a significant contributor from next season going forward. He is athletic, runs the floor well and has excellent shooting form and good natural shot-blocking ability. He also has a good nose for the ball as a rebounder,

But, he is thinner and shorter than Nolan and Brimah and not as skilled as Daniels. His ability to move laterally and cover quicker players on the perimeter still is a work in progress (signficantly below Giffey and Kromah in that regard). Hence, the relative lack of playing time this year. But, with further hard work during the off-season, he hopefully will be in the rotation at both the 3 and the 4.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

That's all he was asking for. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom