Is everything ok with KLS? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is everything ok with KLS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if it means her family emergency is over, improving, not that bad, etc, to be doing speaking engagements.

Hopefully that's the case.

Her sisters were at a concert in SF a couple of nights ago. I'm sure they've been encouraged to do things that take their minds off more serious matters.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When it comes to UConn WBB and its very special young women, I am the ultimate optimist. So perhaps it's the result of the many unanswered questions, the speculative, unfounded explanations, and this fan's nervous anticipation of the upcoming season- but I am feeling very uneasy about this. The words "second thoughts" and "homesick" eat at my gut and won't stop until there is clarity.:(

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
When it comes to UConn WBB and its very special young women, I am the ultimate optimist. So perhaps it's the result of the many unanswered questions, the speculative, unfounded explanations, and this fan's nervous anticipation of the upcoming season- but I am feeling very uneasy about this. The words "second thoughts" and "homesick" eat at my gut and won't stop until there is clarity.:(

Katie Lou already spent a month at UConn and loved it. She was in Colorado at the U19 training camp and a family member became ill. She returned home to be with her family. This is not about ''second thoughts" or homesickness. Why interject irrelevant factors?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you got a case of edditis

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe she wanted to play some ping-pong.

Samuelson, a California native, said she has not felt homesick, but is kind of upset her parents got a pingpong table after she left for UConn. She likes being on campus before other freshmen arrive. They will face the task of acclimating to college life in a matter of days, while Samuelson will have already been on campus for about two months.

"It's not overwhelming or anything," Samuelson said. "So it's cool that we kind of just get a taste of what's going on. It's going to be really good.
"

UConn Freshmen Samuelson, Collier, Boykin Getting Acclimated

Reaction Score
“As happy as I am, I really feel bad for Katie Lou,” added Slocum. “I feel like it’s her spot, but I’m happy that I can come in and she can be home and support her family. I really feel bad. If I could switch and she could play and not go though what she is going through, I would switch in a heartbeat.”

http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...added-to-usa-u19-world-championship-team.aspx
Wow, Destiny Slocum sounds like a special kid. Kind, generous, and grateful.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow, Destiny Slocum sounds like a special kid. Kind, generous, and grateful.
Very true. But as a basketball player in her first game in the situation for which she said she was "grateful" she was stripped quite easily first two times she touched the ball & took some very questionable shout- borderline selfish-IMO. I will chalk that up to being over eager to please but I'll be watching more closely if she even gets another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom