Is everything ok with KLS? | The Boneyard

Is everything ok with KLS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know she left to go home for family reasons. Will she play with the U19 team this summer? Is something serious going on? I hope everything is ok with her and her family

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No one really knows for sure. Physically she's fine (no injury or anything like that). She went home for personal reasons. Other than that we don't know.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
it must be serious if a 19yr old kid has to stop playing top-flight hoop for a "family issue"... but its not about her directly. weird but most times family is bigger than basketball.

IMO it is directly (not her directly, but has an impact) about her if she has to stop her daily routine

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I must have missed this story. Did she leave the U19 team and return to California?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
ETT: yes she did...due to a family issue...no details beyond that.

Reaction Score
it must be serious if a 19yr old kid has to stop playing top-flight hoop for a "family issue"... but its not about her directly. weird but most times family is bigger than basketball.

IMO it is directly (not her directly, but has an impact) about her if she has to stop her daily routine
I think we can give KLS and family the benefit of any doubt. Don't put any EED issues on her--she's with friends here. At this point it would be best not to dig into personal/family issues we should wait until she returns and she can share with us then, if she so chooses.
If she was your kid would you want us digging? Uconn is family.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think we can give KLS and family the benefit of any doubt. Don't put any EED issues on her--she's with friends here. At this point it would be best not to dig into personal/family issues we should wait until she returns and she can share with us then, if she so chooses.
If she was your kid would you want us digging? Uconn is family.
I'm not digging I didn't start this thread... and I did mention anything about EDD. When the unknown is posted, most will speculate/assume etc.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm not digging I didn't start this thread... and I did mention anything about EDD. When the unknown is posted, most will speculate/assume etc.
I have to believe that we will know, eventually. I don't think the family will be able to keep this a secret. How long has it been now, almost three weeks? It took five years, but we eventually discovered EDDs true feelings about leaving UConn.

Reaction Score
And EDD's real reason for leaving UConn did NOT have anything to do with her sister and being homesick? I must have missed it.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
And EDD's real reason for leaving UConn did NOT have anything to do with her sister and being homesick? I must have missed it.
She initially said she was burned out by basketball. She recently had a video interview (ESPN?) where she explained her true feelings. Don't remember the details.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
FYI - from USA Basketball - http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...added-to-usa-u19-world-championship-team.aspx

"Gatorade and USA Today Idaho Player of the Year, 5-foot-7 guard Destiny Slocum (Mountain View H.S./Meridian, Idaho) was today named to the 2015 USA Basketball U19 World Championship Team. One of 34 of the nation’s top 19-and-under athletes who participated in the May 14-17 USA U19 World Championship Team Trials, Slocum replaces University of Connecticut signee Katie Lou Samuelson (Mater Dei H.S./Huntington Beach, Calif.), who returned home during the USA’s training camp due to a family illness and will not be able to participate in the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
FYI - from USA Basketball - http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...added-to-usa-u19-world-championship-team.aspx

"Gatorade and USA Today Idaho Player of the Year, 5-foot-7 guard Destiny Slocum (Mountain View H.S./Meridian, Idaho) was today named to the 2015 USA Basketball U19 World Championship Team. One of 34 of the nation’s top 19-and-under athletes who participated in the May 14-17 USA U19 World Championship Team Trials, Slocum replaces University of Connecticut signee Katie Lou Samuelson (Mater Dei H.S./Huntington Beach, Calif.), who returned home during the USA’s training camp due to a family illness and will not be able to participate in the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship."

Karlie revealed that her #1 and where she was headed was UConn until her uncle suddenly passed away, leading her to stay home in California. I don't like the sound of this report and wish the Samuelson family all the best in a difficult time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Karlie revealed that her #1 and where she was headed was UConn until her uncle suddenly passed away, leading her to stay home in California. I don't like the sound of this report and wish the Samuelson family all the best in a difficult time.
Me either, but I wish her well regardless of her decision.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Me either, but I wish her well regardless of her decision.

I did not mean to imply that this is a UConn recruit in peril of leaving...or that there is a decision to be made. I hope not and have no information which would signal such a decision is in the offing; I was just reporting Karley's experience. Don't know if Karley came to regret that decision or how it would impinge on a decision now by KLS if indeed this was a decision type of event. KLS left a great opportunity for a family need, so I assume it's serious and so I send out thought to the Samuelson's. That is the long and the short of it. KLS is a great young woman and a wonderful competitor and talent, so, of course, I want nothing deflecting her from her college choice which is of course the best one she could have made for her WBB future.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It may be a blessing in disguise for Lou to have some summer rest rather than tough basketball competition - a chance to really heal all the nicks she has had over the past year+. Tough to miss out a USA team, but I hope all is well on the home front. It is a tight family so I am sure they are supporting each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom