Is Boston for SC stoppable? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is Boston for SC stoppable?

Reaction Score
Well, Boston's streak of double doubles ended last night.

She only got seven rebounds and 19 points. Scar still owned the boards with + 20 and Saxton getting 11 rebounds.

Reaction Score
If all else fails just tie her shoelaces together. ;)

That's all I've got. :)

Really I don't think we should be looking ahead at any other team except the one right in front of us. JMO

Reaction Score
Well, Boston's streak of double doubles ended last night.

She only got seven rebounds and 19 points. Scar still owned the boards with + 20 and Saxton getting 11 rebounds.
Creighton was woefully short against SC- that height disparity won't be an issue for UConn

Reaction Score
Creighton was woefully short against SC- that height disparity won't be an issue for UConn
Well, SCar outrebounded UConn 42-25 in the November matchup with a 19-5 edge in offensive rebounds.

Just for comparison given tonight's game, Scar only out rebounded NC State 35-30 and tied on offensive rebounds. Boston and Cunane sort of nullified each other with neither getting doubles in points or boards.

Reaction Score
It helps when you're the only top big in America that the refs never seem to see foul.
You are correct, the refs hardly ever call her for a foul. I think her average is about 1.5 fouls per game. Pretty low for someone who is always camped out in the lane. But she is not the only big that the refs close their eyes on. When Brink blocks shots she usually gets all ball - but she usually has body contact or a hand coming down on the opponent’s arm. It’s like the refs only watch the first half of the play. She should foul out of a lot more games than she has.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are correct, the refs hardly ever call her for a foul. I think her average is about 1.5 fouls per game. Pretty low for someone who is always camped out in the lane. But she is not the only big that the refs close their eyes on. When Brink blocks shots she usually gets all ball - but she usually has body contact or a hand coming down on the opponent’s arm. It’s like the refs only watch the first half of the play. She should foul out of a lot more games than she has.
She also grabs on to jerseys inside does a lot of shoulders checks and shuffled her feet a lot I’m interested to see if she gets all these calls in the WNBA

Reaction Score
Not true. We are ALL nervous about tonight’s game.
I didn't say "all." There is certainly a cadre of UConn fans who are realists

However, you have a large number who are not realistic. you have numerous posters in the "Prediction" thread saying you'll win by 20+.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
28 points, 22 rebounds! If UConn meets SC, can Liv and Aaliyah keep Boston from dominating? Can Geno figure out some way to keep her off the boards?
A better question is "Can UConn stop Boston"? I say no. Whether another team can stop or slow her down doesn't do anything for or help UConn. UConn DOES NOT have anyone that can stop or slow her down. ONO can't. She's had numerous opportunities and failed to do so up to now. What would be different THIS time?

Boston had 22/15 when they played earlier this year. ONO had 6/5 with 5 blocks. SC won by 16 points. This was BEFORE Bueckers was injured. UConn was held to 3 points in the 4th quarter. :( [Box score]

Edwards has a better chance of slowing her down, but she's 2' shorter than Boston. My guess is she'd get in foul trouble BEFORE she was able to have any affect on Boston. Boston has gone up against the best post players in the country and come out on top in most of those encounters. 29 double doubles in a row.

I'm a UConn fan, and I want them to win it all, but they're not going to beat SC THIS year with THIS team. We turn the ball over too much, we can't make our bunnies, and we miss too many free throws. I'm not whining here, just giving my take the way I see it. Disagree if you wish. This is not UConn's year. You can be as optimistic as you wish. The stark reality is it's not our year. How many of you thought that UConn was going to win the NC when we were down to 7 heathy players?

We can resume this discussion AFTER UConn beats NCS. We're getting ahead of ourselves here.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I didn't say "all." There is certainly a cadre of UConn fans who are realists

However, you have a large number who are not realistic. you have numerous posters in the "Prediction" thread saying you'll win by 20+.
Cocky, I can only speak for myself. I think some of my UConn brethren are a bit overly optimistic at times. I don't know what the outcome of this game will be. We may win by 10, or lose by 10. It depends on how many of our 9 rotation players show up, and how well they will play. NCS will show up and play well. They are not afraid of UConn. There's no reason they should be.

I think it will be Stanford and SC in the championship game with your SC Gamecocks winning it all. I think SC is the best team in the country right now and will prove it next week.

Reaction Score
Cocky, I can only speak for myself. I think some of my UConn brethren are a bit overly optimistic at times. .....

I think it will be Stanford and SC in the championship game with your SC Gamecocks winning it all. I think SC is the best team in the country right now and will prove it next week.
Let's not forget, there are 3 other teams involved, who are getting little attention. Louisville, Michigan and NCST, if they beat us, can put a monkey wrench in the Stanford v SC final. But, I agree you have a valid take on what is likely to happen. We will see.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Ya'll have NC State and then Stanford before even possibly facing Boston.

I would be more worried about Haley Jones and Cameron Brink at this point honestly. You all have the toughest path to the NC game. NC State is no slouch either. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won tonight.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
FarmFan calls out Boston everyday on this board as if Brink isn't just as physical. It's very obvious. Lol

Reaction Score
Ask most recently Kentucky ….she can be stopped…only Wilt Chamberlain was unstoppable

Attachments

• 3BD7353A-D8CE-4949-AD5A-D5FDB4983707.jpeg
    3BD7353A-D8CE-4949-AD5A-D5FDB4983707.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 69

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Nah look at the prognosis thread. Some UConn fans are predicting a 20 point win and NC State hasn’t lost that bad all year and is a #1 seed. They should be respected.
I laughed my way through that thread. Lol

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why do so few UConn fans give any respect to NC State?
Nah look at the prognosis thread. Some UConn fans are predicting a 20 point win and NC State hasn’t lost that bad all year and is a #1 seed. They should be respected.
Do I need to shoo you two back to the General board, taking @shiverz45 with you? Consider this a reminder that you are currently posting on the UConn board. We don’t care if you don’t like our opinions here.

Reaction Score
Do I need to shoo you two back to the General board, taking @shiverz45 with you? Consider this a reminder that you are currently posting on the UConn board. We don’t care if you don’t like our opinions here.
But . . . well ... uhm . . . you know . . . er . .. then again . . . in our defense . . . for fairness' sake . . ..

Yes Ma'am.

Reaction Score
Well pack it in and force the SC guards to beat you.
Totally agree, if you beat SC you need to contain the guards, in particular Zia Cooke.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
FarmFan calls out Boston everyday on this board as if Brink isn't just as physical. It's very obvious. Lol
No, all I point out is that Boston doesn't get called for a lot of things other bigs -- including Brink and ONO -- get called for. I agree, Brink is very physical, and sometimes in very stupid ways. (Stupider, indeed, than Boston.).

But the fact that 30 people have liked that post of mine (so far) suggests I'm not alone in thinking Boston gets favorable ref treatment. And it's pretty freaking hard to get 20/20 games while fouling only once as a 6'4" big. Miraculous, in fact...

And sure, you're probably getting homered on this one, but I'd never go on a SCAR sports board and tell you folks that Dawn's Mythical National Championship was a self-own, so prepare for less favorable treatment of Boston around here than you'll get from the refs! ;)

(And to be clear, this isn't personal at all - I really like Boston as a person and a player. But I just call 'em like I see 'em.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom