Is Baylor This Year's Delaware? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Baylor This Year's Delaware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
This year's somewhat above average team with a single super-star that goes as far as the sweet sixteen? Sounds about right to me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sims is shooting around 43% from 3 pt this year. EDD shot 40% for her career. However Sims only shot around 33% last year.

What did EDD shoot her senior year? Obviously Sims has increased her accuracy considerably and I suspect that her accuracy this year is better than EDDs her senior season.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Another question: is Delaware last year's Baylor?

Answer: yes, as both teams lost last year in the regional semis to teams from the state of Kentucky who ultimately lost to UConn...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What did EDD shoot her senior year? Obviously Sims has increased her accuracy considerably and I suspect that her accuracy this year is better than EDDs her senior season.
EDD shot 45.5% from 3 in her senior season

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Probably. Although Sims is a much better driver than EDD. But yea, EDD is a better shooter. And at 6-5 can score better inside.

Only because EDD is 6-5.

Eh, NO. Sims is a much (much) better defender. Sure EDD can block shots, but she's nowhere near the defender Sims is.
Stewart can block shots too, really, really well. But as we just heard Geno say, she really doesn't have a clue about playing defense.

Ummm, NO. Not even in the same league.

And don't forget assists.

Seems EDD's more "complete game", really is just her being taller.

On the other hand, if I was drafting, I'm taking a 6-5 EDD before I take Sims.

Bingo - she is taller and knows how to use it and as someone once said, you can't teach tall/big.. All I'm saying. They are very different players, both extremely talented, but given my options I am taking EDD.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Another question: is Delaware last year's Baylor?

Answer: yes, as both teams lost last year in the regional semis to teams from the state of Kentucky who ultimately lost to UConn...

Plus, Delaware has BG this year.

Reaction Score

DobbsRover2 posted EDD's full senior season stats in this thread.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD shot 45.5% from 3 in her senior season

Very similar. What was her overall shooting percentage. She may have but I don't recall her ever shooting over 50% for a season.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Very similar. What was her overall shooting percentage. She may have but I don't recall her ever shooting over 50% for a season.
EDD's shooting stats for other years:
Junior: 52.0% FG, 41.3% 3ptFG
Soph: 41.9% FG, 35.0% 3ptFG
Frosh: 47.7% FG, 41.3% ptFG

So for her career, she was at around 47% for FGs, and 41% for 3pt FGs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So for her career, she was at around 47% for FGs, and 41% for 3pt FGs.
Not quite on par with KML (but close) :cool:

Or Sue Bird for that matter.

Reaction Score
Not quite on par with KML (but close) :cool:

Or Sue Bird for that matter.
Like I said, most of the time EDD was double or triple teamed. They probably had a better supporting cast.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Britanny Griner?
I think he meant KB, Kelsey Buchanan, who has got to be much better than EDD since she's shooting 51% this year, a whooping 100% on 3pt shots, and a peachy 84% on FTs, while also pulling down 8 boards a game. You can count her bombs on one finger though.

Either that or ETT's referring to the BeeGees and "Stayin' Alive," which the Blue Hens are kind of doing post-EDD with a 9-3 record and a Massey-projected 20-7 record pre-tourneys and a favorite for the Colonial Conference championship.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
...rebounder...

Only because EDD is 6-5.
Uh, no. Rebounding isn't just about height, it's about positioning and effort. On the UConn men's team, the leading rebounder is "tiny" Shabazz Napier at only 6-1. Kelly Faris was consistently among UConn's rebounding leaders despite being only 6-0.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Britanny Griner?

My point is that Baylor resembles last year's UD team than this years UD team resembles last year's BU team. Sims is a special player on an otherwise average team, just as EDD was last year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Uh, no. Rebounding isn't just about height, it's about positioning and effort. On the UConn men's team, the leading rebounder is "tiny" Shabazz Napier at only 6-1. Kelly Faris was consistently among UConn's rebounding leaders despite being only 6-0.
That was my point. :)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Holy whatever, it was lost in the haze, fog, something Meyers. You are usually more easily read!
Being easily read in BB is not a good thing and usually leads to many TOs and lots of easy buckets for the other side. Not sure whether being easily read on the BY means the same thing, but I think Tonyc and the extended paragraphs may be staking a claim for being a little less easily read as the way to go.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Holy whatever, it was lost in the haze, fog, something Meyers. You are usually more easily read!
I don't even understand myself half the time. :rolleyes:

Prolly, Holy Rebounds Batman.

Reaction Score
Sims has better teammates than EDD did at Delaware. If Prince gets healthy, then Baylor has a legit starting five. Of course, they won't have depth, and they'll need Sims to be at her best each game (just like Delaware needed from EDD in the NCAAT), but they'll be able to put five players on the court who can play with anyone outside of UConn. Definitely a better shot at the Final Four than Delaware ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom