Incontrovertible visual evidence of GDL malpractice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Incontrovertible visual evidence of GDL malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm seriously looking for comments/input from other football x's and o's minds here. THis video clip is an excellent piece to look at - thanks to whoever put it up.

Xs and Os? As far as I can tell our blocking scheme involves each player grabbing a scrabble tile before the game and then counting how many players with that letter in their name runs by them.

Reaction Score
Funny, but I'm serious. I'm wondering if anybody else out there, thinks I"m totally off base, in coming to the conclusion, based on the entire body of work so far through what 20 games now? That Frank's responsibility in this play call, was to help out on the TE iso block on the DE, and the play failed, because the coach's didn't have the right "protection" called.

Reaction Score
Funny, but I'm serious. I'm wondering if anybody else out there, thinks I"m totally off base, in coming to the conclusion, based on the entire body of work so far through what 20 games now? That Frank's responsibility in this play call, was to help out on the TE iso block on the DE, and the play failed, because the coach's didn't have the right "protection" called.

Why keep banging your head on the wall looking for ways to blame someone else Carl? All the FB had to do was lift his head to see him coming at the snap. Game speed is deceiving in a film clip but that was a a solid play call and all Whitmer needed was another 2 1000 to hit the back w/ open field in front of him.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Why keep banging your head on the wall looking for ways to blame someone else Carl? All the FB had to do was lift his head to see him coming at the snap. Game speed is deceiving in a film clip but that was a a solid play call and all Whitmer needed was another 2 1000 to hit the back w/ open field in front of him.

What Carl is saying (and I agree with him) is that it really does appear by looking at the film as if Reuben runs directly to the wrong spot with purpose, as if he was told to go there in his training. He would not have picked up his head to look for an LB if he was directly told to help out the OT, right? That's what Carl is trying to figure out, and I would like to know that too...

Reaction Score

Because I want to know why my Huskies are being driven off a cliff. I have seen this kind of thing, too many times. I read Delorenzo's quotes after the last game, the thing he was most proud of was not f(cking up any pass protections. I listen to teh head coach explain why our QB keeps getting destroyed on simple blitzes, and the answer is "wish he had called a different protection".

THe simple question I want answered, is if Frank did what he was taught to do on this play, or if he did something wrong, within the offensive system. It seems that the players on offense, have been taught a specific blocking assignment, within each play call - and have zero ability to adjust on the field. Therefore, in a situation like this, or any number of other plays where our QB has gotten destroyed over the course of two seasons...it's more a system problem, than a player problem (and trust me, while Frank is a serviceabe full back, I don't think he'll be following in Anderson's and Sherman's footsteps into the NFL....certainly not looking like it now.

The answer to that question, did he do what he was taught to for this play call? will go a long way, for me - to confirm, without a doubt, what's wrong with this team - in how everythign we fans can't see - practices - is being done.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I suppose the folks who are more eager to blame the players than the coaching would throw Bullock and Frank under the bus for this kill shot on Whitmer. To me, everyone who is blocking someone is "doing their job" as BB says. You can't tell me that both Bullock and Frank were coached at any point to watch out for the blitz.

As bad as that play was, the next play was worse. Bennett was totally played, he blocked no one while a LB ran right through where he was standing and caused a fumble. The Cuse D was one step ahead of our O all game. Think of it, Cuse was one step ahead of us all game. Of course, a well run team would have the OL coach teaching what the D was doing when they got back to the sideline. Our OL coach is up in the booth..

pj

Reaction Score
Carl, your comments are right on target. We don't know where the fault lies on any given play, but after enough mistaken and broken plays, either the design of the offense is fundamentally flawed (as it is if everything is scripted), or the coaches are failing to teach the players to execute the offense. The team is massively underperforming its capabilities. I know it's not a hugely talented bunch, by and large it's a collection of 2* recruits, but it can and should perform much better. ... I think it's clear DeLeone is failing. It would be very interesting to know why and in what ways DeLeone is failing, and if the players are co-responsible or innocent victims.

Reaction Score
The block was ALL on Frank....you're honestly an idiot if you think that missed block is on the coaches, I really don't know what to tell you

The blitzer should have been called out before the snap and either the leader of the O-line or the QB needs to move Frank to protect the blitzer.....this can't be on GDL and if you think it is, please start bashing your head into the wall instead of making following this message board unbearable

Reaction Score
It seems that almost every play started with a Cuse defender or two running unabated into the back field. On college football recap today they were gloating over how great KState's QB is. When they showed clips what I noticed was how he had much time he had behind a fully composed Oline every play. It literally looks like he's standing behind a wall. Whitmer looks like he's taking his snaps 5 feet in front of the Running of the Bulls. Our line is overwhelmed before he finishes 3 steps. A lot of people complained about our use of the wildcat, but it doesn't matter what play is called when the defenders are getting through the line before the ball is in the QB's hands

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What is one busted play supposed to prove ?

It wasn't one. It was two in a row. Two unabated blind-side shots to the QB causing fumbles. I guess you don't have a problem with that.

Reaction Score
Good analogy to the running of the bulls- also resembles the stunt with the bull rushing people in a ring at the Berlin Fair. The thing is Frank is lined up over the B gap and when the second blitzer is at the LOS obviously blitzing he turns out like he never saw him coming. At some point instinct has to kick in. If Ryan had gone out in a pass pattern I could see the focus on the outside rusher. Cuse ran the blitz perfectly and we had a great play called that would have burned the blitz but we screwed it up.

Reaction Score
It wasn't one. It was two in a row. Two unabated blind-side shots to the QB causing fumbles. I guess you don't have a problem with that.

Exactly, and therein lies the problem. In my book, after the first play, the players on this offense, specifically backfield players, should have been keying on the LB's the following play, making sure the QB was protected. Their QB just got blasted. What happens? I bet if you'd ask Coach P, youd get the response - "should have had a different protection there".

It's the exact same thing that cost us the game at Western Michigan. Should have had a different protection called.

that. Line the players up, and teach them to block.

Reaction Score
People with this Don Brown avatar should change it before making another post here if they want to be taken seriously. Our d just let up 40 pts to Cuse and you people still think he's the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom