In season attrition... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In season attrition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is going on with Schafenacker?

This was at the end of recent Jon Silver article this afternoon:

>>Kyle Schafenacker, a redshirt freshman guard, worked his way onto the two-deep last year but is right now on the outside looking in. He will likely join the team in Tampa for Friday’s game, but as far as seeing time on the line, he’s lost out to true freshman Ryan Crozier and Trey Rutherford right now. Diaco doesn’t think he will see time on the two-deep this year.<<

Reaction Score
This was at the end of recent Jon Silver article this afternoon:

>>Kyle Schafenacker, a redshirt freshman guard, worked his way onto the two-deep last year but is right now on the outside looking in. He will likely join the team in Tampa for Friday’s game, but as far as seeing time on the line, he’s lost out to true freshman Ryan Crozier and Trey Rutherford right now. Diaco doesn’t think he will see time on the two-deep this year.<<

Ouch! This looks like an invitation to leave the program.

Reaction Score
EDIT: Looks like he redshirted last year. Came in highly touted out of the same HS at Crozier and Crozier has already ousted him on the 2-deep in one off-season.
Here is a quote from Diaco about Schafenacker in Dez's article about the USF game:
Offensive lineman Kyle Schafenacker is from Cooper City. He is a redshirt freshman from highly acclaimed St. Thomas Aquinas High. The Huskies need help on the offensive line but coach Bob Diaco said he doesn't think the 6-foot-3, 285-pound Schafenacker would be ready to go this year.

"He just needs to work on his foot action and bend flexibility," Diaco said. "He's got good strength, he's got functional strength, but as he develops in the pre-hab [sports injury prevention] and weight room areas as it relates to flexibility and strength and foot speed, then he'll continue to move his game forward to a level of participation."

Like I posted above sounds like he needs some more work in the weight room.

Reaction Score
Dez followed up yesterday (thanks, Dez) and reported the staff thinks he (KS) needs a development year, and that they are working on his foot speed, strngth and bend.

Reaction Score
There is little doubt in my mind that the prior regime just about ignored S&C especially with the OL. I find that utterly amazing, but from what I have witnessed and heard it almost certainly appears to be the case. I think P was completely out of touch with what was going on or not going on. Huge setback for the program that Diaco is trying to dig out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is little doubt in my mind that the prior regime just about ignored S&C especially with the OL. I find that utterly amazing, but from what I have witnessed and heard it almost certainly appears to be the case. I think P was completely out of touch with what was going on or not going on. Huge setback for the program that Diaco is trying to dig out.
Which is why not one Cleveland Brown is on either of my fantasy teams. I am not at all surprised that Ben Tate got hurt already. 1) He's Ben Tate. 2) The Browns' OL is "coached" by Former UConn O-line "Coach" DeLeone. His ability to continue to get jobs at the highest level is more anecdotal evidence of the old, "It's not what you know, it's who you know," mantra.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Which is why not one Cleveland Brown is on either of my fantasy teams. I am not at all surprised that Ben Tate got hurt already. 1) He's Ben Tate. 2) The Browns' OL is "coached" by Former UConn O-line "Coach" DeLeone. His ability to continue to get jobs at the highest level is more anecdotal evidence of the old, "It's not what you know, it's who you know," mantra.

The Browns offensive line is very good.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Browns offensive line is very good.
Joe Thomas is pretty good, but as a group? The jury's still out, as two games is a small sample size. The Redskins have the best defense in the league in terms of yards and points allowed. They are not that good and no one is giving Jim Haslett any awards (Quite the contrary. There have been calls for his job the moment Shanahan hired him).

McCombs gained over 1,100 yard his first year too and a total of 1,530 his following two, with a severe downward trend.

Ben Tate is already hurt and the Browns haven't exactly faced the '85 Bears so far (Pittsburgh is 20th and New Orleans is 30th in team defense).

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Seems like only Pruitt's UConn career is over.

UConn Football @UConnFootball · 12h
Despite UCONN Football career being over Sr DL Angelo Pruitt will be healthy and ready to continue his football career professionally in '15

Reaction Score
Seems like only Pruitt's UConn career is over.

UConn Football @UConnFootball · 12h
Despite UCONN Football career being over Sr DL Angelo Pruitt will be healthy and ready to continue his football career professionally in '15
Has to be one of the most puzzling things this year... on par with the kid (Dback, forgot his name) that ended up at BC after we retired him. Do the kids just need the game that much?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Has to be one of the most puzzling things this year...

Not really.

He needs surgery, but will be fine after rehab.

There just isn't enough time to get him back on the field at UConn, though.

Reaction Score
Has to be one of the most puzzling things this year... on par with the kid (Dback, forgot his name) that ended up at BC after we retired him. Do the kids just need the game that much?

Tymeer Brown

Reaction Score
Isn't he eligible for an injury redshirt year? he should take advantage of that (imo)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Not really.

He needs surgery, but will be fine after rehab.

There just isn't enough time to get him back on the field at UConn, though.

Good call - if thats what you meant!

:)

Angelo Pruitt will be able to resume his football career in the spring, but it won’t be at UConn - per Diaco Presser

Reaction Score
Isn't he eligible for an injury redshirt year? he should take advantage of that (imo)

I believe Pruitt was a 5th year senior. The only way he gets a 6th year is if his redshirt year he was injured and the injury was reported at the time to the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom