In Future News, Emmanuel Mudiay will be a problem for 1 year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In Future News, Emmanuel Mudiay will be a problem for 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CHANGE the SUBJECT to "will be great for 1 year"

1) Having him in conference, brings SMU into the mix as a top 15 team, which is great considering we only face them 2X a year, even if we lost twice again, they are a top team and the conference needs all the love it can get right now

2) He will cause damage versus the rest of the conference, which is great for UCONN as well. I'd prefer the conference title came down to UCONN and SMU, than UCONN, SMU, CINCY, MEMPHIS, etc (which is still ugly to think about).

The conference can use all the talent it can get right now, and personally even though I might hate them for two days a year, I'm glad Brown is at SMU and they are loading up with serious talent.

Reaction Score
"Own him" lol aight

You know nothing. Keep it that way. Yes AB will be an absolute monster next year and OWN him if they play against each other. Try not and believe everything you read in mainstream media. We have the STUD in Storrs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN will have Rodney Purvis with Boatright next year. Sam Cassell Jr. will join that mix along with Terrence Samuels. We will have our own fearsome 4 out there.
That will be a deep and talented back court especially seeing how good Samuels has been. I think its safe to say he wont be at the end of nobodys bench.
Couldn't agree more with the both of you. I realize we've not seen Cassell or Purvis this year, but we know that Boat is terrific and Samuels' play has been nothing short of eye-popping lately. Hard to even say who would start - Boat, Samuels, Hamilton, ____ and Brimah? Or push Hamilton to the "4" and start Boat, Samuels and Purvis? Or is Lubin good enough to start? I know too early to really look at next year since we are still dancing this year, but it's way exciting to think about how bright the future of this program is...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You know nothing. Keep it that way. Yes AB will be an absolute monster next year and OWN him if they play against each other. Try not and believe everything you read in mainstream media. We have the STUD in Storrs.
Don't put words in my mouth, when did I ever say brima won't be a stud? To me it sounds like you're not taking turner seriously. "Own him" would mean he dominates him on the offensive and defensive end. "Own" is a strong word.

Reaction Score
Everyone that ever played under Gottfried had a low hoops IQ. Why single out Purvis when the coach can't find his face?

The poster I was responding to lacked any substantive knowledge of our present active eligible roster with regards to defensive prowess returning. Elevating Purvis was comical before he plays a game with UConn.

Purvis will be great with KO. It won't happen overnight.

Reaction Score
Don't put words in my mouth, when did I ever say brima won't be a stud? To me it sounds like you're not taking turner seriously. "Own him" would mean he dominates him on the offensive and defensive end. "Own" is a strong word.

That's how good Brimah will be next year. OWNERSHIP. Well since you are a huskyforlife my sincerest of apologies. :rolleyes:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The poster I was responding to lacked any substantive knowledge of our present active eligible roster with regards to defensive prowess returning. Elevating Purvis was comical before he plays a game with UConn.

He also will have been practicing and learning from KO for over year. The transition should be much quicker than a normal matriculating player. He's a very talented kid to boot.

Reaction Score
I actually like this 2014 hs class more than last years, more potential. littered with talented bigs, then you throw in mudiay. Mudiay and stanley johnson are straight up nba players right now. they should be able to go to the league now

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
That's not true, guys were blocking shots all over the place. I saw a decent amount of defense out of them. Obviously not like a real game, but in the All star game they don't even try to pretend they're playing defense
from what i watched it looked more like a pick up game than a real game. not saying that they're not talented just didn't look like a high level basketball game.

Reaction Score

what are you even talking about? Purvis is 30 minute a night kind of guy out the gate. he's been destroying in practice. played 25 minutes on tourney nc state team. To put it simpler, Purvis is higher on the depth chart than both samuel and cassell.

Reaction Score
what are you even talking about? Purvis is 30 minute a night kind of guy out the gate. he's been destroying in practice. played 25 minutes on tourney nc state team. To put it simpler, Purvis is higher on the depth chart than both samuel and cassell.

April fools day is long gone bro...

What did you go to the Champs0904/Fishy disrespect TS seminar???

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The presumption Purvis can defend better than TS should certainly die.

The need to spend the Thursday before the Semis in a p1ssing context rather than watching the 4 NCAA games on CBS SportsChannel is bewildering. Put your dicks away. All of you.

caw

Reaction Score
They just picked up TT transfer Jordan Tolbert who could be immediately eligible. If they get Turner they should be preseason top ten. They have a good looking roster.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The presumption Purvis can defend better than TS should certainly die.

I like Samuel but he is a limited player right now. He is tough and can penetrate and he can play defense.

Unless he gets a shot or develops Taliek-like ball skills, I see him mostly as a defensive guy who will get more or less minutes (av 20 minutes/game) based on matchups/game situation.

Purvis is a 35 minute/game player once he is fully developed.

Reaction Score
The need to spend the Thursday before the Semis in a p1ssing context rather than watching the 4 NCAA games on CBS SportsChannel is bewildering. Put your dicks away. All of you.

I guess you are a proponent of ignorance making you the most ignorant of all. We lose against Nova w/out TS. Some here advocated he shouldn't have played the mins he did in that game even after we won (then hide under a rock).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...nn-freshman-terrence-samuel-article-1.1737795

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Samuel but he is a limited player right now. He is tough and can penetrate and he can play defense.

Unless he gets a shot or develops Taliek-like ball skills, I see him mostly as a defensive guy who will get more or less minutes (av 20 minutes/game) based on matchups/game situation.

Dude have you seen RP's shot (average)? Free throw shooting not good. Good grief...

Reaction Score

Devaluing a kid that helped get UConn to the Final4 in favor of a kid who has yet to log a minute is illogical.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I guess you are a proponent of ignorance making you the most ignorant of all. We lose against Nova w/out TS. Some here advocated he shouldn't have played the mins he did in that game even after we won (then hide under a rock).

Can't even fathom what process would drive your guess that I'm "a proponent of ignorance making [me] the most ignorant of all."

More readily, I'm a proponent of perspective, balance, presence, and levity during the week before the Final Four. Go ahead, if you must, and persuade me why your distracting energy is any more warranted today than would be speculations on 2016 recruiting.

Reaction Score
Can't even fathom what process would drive your guess that I'm "a proponent of ignorance making [me] the most ignorant of all."

More readily, I'm a proponent of perspective, balance, presence, and levity during the week before the Final Four. Go ahead, if you must, and persuade me why your distracting energy is any more warranted today than would be speculations on 2016 recruiting.

"Distracting Energy" is all relative. Defending a kid on our present run is hardly distracting energy.

I certainly did not expect what we got out of Brimah. His upside blindsided me. Samuel did not.

There may have been 1 or 2 posters here who put posters on notice of AB's potential.

Guess who??? Yep the self absorbed moniker "fishy" actually called it. Who would have ever expected that! LOL :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Distracting Energy" is all relative. Defending a kid on our present run is hardly distracting energy.

I certainly did not expect what we got out of Brimah. His upside blindsided me. Samuel did not.

There may have been 1 or 2 posters here who put posters on notice of AB's potential.

Guess who??? Yep the self absorbed moniker "fishy" actually called it. Who would have ever expected that! LOL :)

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/amida-brimah.40459/

Any moron could see his potential you dope

Reaction Score

LOL....hahaha

I read the thread on Brimah before posting my comments. You were the 2 :) idiot (JK) :). Point being I was openly admitting my oversight on AB and acknowledging your post. Dismissing Samuel is laughable.

Are you honestly telling me that you are going to put RP on a level above TS right now from a defensive perspective?

Will you please admit your moronic tendencies with that comment? Just tell us how idiotic that is...LOL

RP will be good but TS is our future rock especially on D. Both AB & TS arguably will be the 2 best defenders to ever play at UConn before they leave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01