In Future News, Emmanuel Mudiay will be a problem for 1 year. | The Boneyard

In Future News, Emmanuel Mudiay will be a problem for 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MCD AA game. Holy Moly this kid is unreal. Complete package and then some extra.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very talented player who makes others better and knows when to take over. SMU will be very tough next year, but UCONN will be looking for some payback as well.

Reaction Score
Yup, he looks like the real deal (love his passing ability). Good problem to have though, we need sparring partners. Hopefully they get that center too. The AAC might have two top ten teams to start the season.

It will be interesting to see if ESPN hypes the AAC's super frosh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing watching him tonight.

Reaction Score
With the addition of a player like Mudiay, it could really push SMU over the top in the American Athletic Conference next season. The Mustangs are going to have high hopes next season as Mudiay joins talented sophomore guard Nic Moore in the backcourt. Mudiay said he and Moore talk regularly about playing with each other next season.

“I feel like we can both alternate (guard spots) because he can score the ball too,” Mudiay said. “I’m going to play on-the-ball some, I’m going to play off-the-ball some, so it’s going to be fun. We talk all the time, every time I go watch them play. He tells me all the time, and I tell him, that we can’t wait to play with each other. Just how Shabazz (Napier) and (Ryan) Boatright play, something like that. We can be a two-guard front.”

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-to-push-smu-into-next-years-ncaa-tournament/

Reaction Score
With the addition of a player like Mudiay, it could really push SMU over the top in the American Athletic Conference next season. The Mustangs are going to have high hopes next season as Mudiay joins talented sophomore guard Nic Moore in the backcourt. Mudiay said he and Moore talk regularly about playing with each other next season.

“I feel like we can both alternate (guard spots) because he can score the ball too,” Mudiay said. “I’m going to play on-the-ball some, I’m going to play off-the-ball some, so it’s going to be fun. We talk all the time, every time I go watch them play. He tells me all the time, and I tell him, that we can’t wait to play with each other. Just how Shabazz (Napier) and (Ryan) Boatright play, something like that. We can be a two-guard front.”

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-to-push-smu-into-next-years-ncaa-tournament/

UCONN will have Rodney Purvis with Boatright next year. Sam Cassell Jr. will join that mix along with Terrence Samuels. We will have our own fearsome 4 out there.

Reaction Score
UCONN will have Rodney Purvis with Boatright next year. Sam Cassell Jr. will join that mix along with Terrence Samuels. We will have our own fearsome 4 out there.

That will be a deep and talented back court especially seeing how good Samuels has been. I think its safe to say he wont be at the end of nobodys bench.

Reaction Score
I love how Shabazz and Boat have become THE standard for guard play this year..all backcourt conversations now begin and end with Bazz and Boat. Arizona is not PGU.

Oh, and Lebron is just giving Uconn more and more love..today he tweeted one word: #ShabazzNapier

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I want smu to be good, but him and turner wouldn't be fair. Turner looked great on defense, I don't think any of Okafors post moves worked on him

Reaction Score
He goes to Prime Prep, which has had a ton of problems over the years. Some people were saying last year that even Kentucky backed off him.

Kentucky backed off him after he verbaled to SMU, LOL. And we know this is true because Kentucky then scrambled to offer guards like Chiozza, Ulis, the kid UConn was going for (forget his names, Josh P.???). If Calipari was backing off, why did he wait to offer another PG?

Reaction Score
I think Rodney is going to be the only one in the conference who has the size/quickness/athleticism to defend him

Reaction Score
I think Rodney is going to be the only one in the conference who has the size/quickness/athleticism to defend him

LOL...you are 1 bright bulb! Seems like you really have a feel for the personnel on this years team. What would the BY do without such astute basketball fans? FYI... Purvis is not that great of a defender and has a low hoops IQ. That will change under KO but please leave your defensive scouting report in the cra**er. lol

Reaction Score
LOL...you are 1 bright bulb! Seems like you really have a feel for the personnel on this years team. What would the BY do without such astute basketball fans? FYI... Purvis is not that great of a defender and has a low hoops IQ. That will change under KO but please leave your defensive scouting report in the cra**er. lol

Everyone that ever played under Gottfried had a low hoops IQ. Why single out Purvis when the coach can't find his face?

Reactions: caw

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I don't really think you can take too much from the McDonald's AA game. There's less defense played there than the NBA all star game.

Reaction Score
He goes to Prime Prep, which has had a ton of problems over the years. Some people were saying last year that even Kentucky backed off him.

I hate when people take a shot at a kid based on perceived rumors. ESP. when their perceived facts are wrong.

Reaction Score
I want smu to be good, but him and turner wouldn't be fair. Turner looked great on defense, I don't think any of Okafors post moves worked on him
LOL....Sure this game is the quintessential barometer to determine the prowess of these 2 players lol. Turner is an excellent prospect but a project on the offensive end. Next year AB would OWN him. So it would be fair bro if SMU landed him. SMU will be Top 15 without him next year. Yanick Moreira will return next year as a better player than Frosh Turner.

Reaction Score

Coming from anyone else, I'd feel insulted. But you are a special kind of stupid BLUEDOGHOUSE

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
LOL....Sure this game is the quintessential barometer to determine the prowess of these 2 players lol. Turner is an excellent prospect but a project on the offensive end. Next year AB would OWN him. So it would be fair bro if SMU landed him. SMU will be Top 15 without him next year. Yanick Moreira will return next year as a better player than Frosh Turner.
"Own him" lol aight

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't really think you can take too much from the McDonald's AA game. There's less defense played there than the NBA all star game.
That's not true, guys were blocking shots all over the place. I saw a decent amount of defense out of them. Obviously not like a real game, but in the All star game they don't even try to pretend they're playing defense

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll bring this back the next time we play smu. Turner is a beast and I'm not basing this off the AA game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom