In defense of our little PC fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In defense of our little PC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No one is arguing that uconn has been the gold standard over the last 15 years. It's got to bug you that during your run, PC has more than held its own head to head

See you saturdsy
As others have mentioned, you're really, really, really underestimating how awesome it is to win championships.

Nothing any team does bugs me any more, even Duke. We've just been too successful and lucky for me to be bothered by that stuff.

Reaction Score
Can both sides just shut the **** up?

Winners can talk some trash on Saturday. I'll be here no matter what.
Here's what's got to bug them: I expect to lose this game if Shabazz, Giffey, and Olander can't play, and Calhoun is beat up. They should win in that scenario. Not that I want them to lose--but if they do, I really won't be upset considering the circumstances.

But it's no fun if the other side is at peace with things. You don't get the joy out of victory.

Reaction Score
No one is arguing that uconn has been the gold standard over the last 15 years. It's got to bug you that during your run, PC has more than held its own head to head

See you saturdsy
it's Saturday....

Uconn's Gold Standard goes back to 1990 which is 23 years ago. Also, in 1986 we won the NIT, and that's 27 years ago. In 1976 UConn defeated PC for the New England title and the right to represent New England in the big Dance. Two years later we defeated a Sly Williams led URI team for that NE title. After that game, Sly, who spurned PC 4 years earlier, stated he wished he went to UConn. that was 37 years ago. My point is UConn isn't one of these neuvo riche teams. We've been a power for a very long time.
As far as losing any games, it does bug us. PC, USF, St. John's, Georgetown, Duke, or anyone else. It's not just about PC.

Reaction Score
it's Saturday....

Uconn's Gold Standard goes back to 1990 which is 23 years ago. Also, in 1986 we won the NIT, and that's 27 years ago. In 1976 UConn defeated PC for the New England title and the right to represent New England in the big Dance. Two years later we defeated a Sly Williams led URI team for that NE title. After that game, Sly, who spurned PC 4 years earlier, stated he wished he went to UConn. that was 37 years ago. My point is UConn isn't one of these neuvo riche
teams. We've been a power for a very long time.
As far as losing any games, it does bug us. PC, USF, St. John's, Georgetown, Duke, or anyone else. It's not just about PC.

So you were winning the NIT; PC was going to the final four. Gold standard? Nope.
That's the problem with you yonick; you can't accept a compliment.

Reaction Score
That was when the NIT was THE tournament...just sayin.

I agree Bob....good news is it's not the same NIT tourney as in the past...................the teams that play suck!!!

Reaction Score
So you were winning the NIT; PC was going to the final four. Gold standard? Nope.
That's the problem with you yonick; you can't accept a compliment.
Think about what you just said Sean!!! PC's glory days ended, after that FF. UConn's glory days began. Glad you admitted that. The year UConn won the NIT, 1986, PC did sniff the FF, but Pitino blew town after that.
I also understand your point, but, you, and most PC folk who go back a long way, seem to think UConn fans feel basketball was invented in 1990. Not the case. We've been quite good, on the national front for 23-27 years. PC really has had only 2 very good years since the BE was formed. And on the New England front, we dominated in the 60's plus made the elite-8 in the mid 60's.
In the late 70' we dominated PC for the NE title. But, hey!!! Thanx for the backhanded compliment.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure our NIT title was 1988, but hey that's just me.

Reaction Score

See you saturdsy

15 years? ESPN ranked us as the #9 most successful program over the last 50 years. PC was #66 on that same list. I love how PC fans lean on a crutch that UConn fans don't have any history and are all newbies.

Reaction Score
You know what else is funny?

They're all whipped up into a lather because they have something to play for and their program has the scent of a buzz. Meanwhile:

SOS - UConn 22nd, PC 79th
RPI - UConn .590, PC .552

They're below Northern Iowa in both areas. Congrats on your awesome season, guys.

Reaction Score
History is history. We are always telling pc to stop living in the past because it's a what have you done for me lately and what are you going to do for me world. Uconn wins the former but I'm not so sure about the latter

Reaction Score
History is history. We are always telling pc to stop living in the past because it's a what have you done for me lately and what are you going to do for me world. Uconn wins the former but I'm not so sure about the latter

Huh? Kemba was so long ago right........c'mon ! No gripes from theis 40 plus years guy........

Reaction Score
Think about what you just said Sean!!! PC's glory days ended, after that FF. UConn's glory days began. Glad you admitted that. The year UConn won the NIT, 1986, PC did sniff the FF, but Pitino blew town after that.
I also understand your point, but, you, and most PC folk who go back a long way, seem to think UConn fans feel basketball was invented in 1990. Not the case. We've been quite good, on the national front for 23-27 years. PC really has had only 2 very good years since the BE was formed. And on the New England front, we dominated in the 60's plus made the elite-8 in the mid 60's.
In the late 70' we dominated PC for the NE title. But, hey!!! Thanx for the backhanded compliment.

Dominated the 60s? PC won the NIT twice(when that was THE tournament)

PC had arguably one of the best teams to never win the NCAA in the early 70s; but you guys were awesome.

Keep it up, you're awesome

Reaction Score
Huh? Kemba was so long ago right........c'mon ! No gripes from theis 40 plus years guy........
I think you may have a learning disability.... That's one reason uconn far and away wins "what have you done for me lately". It just won't always be RECENT history

Reaction Score
I think you may have a learning disability.... That's one reason uconn far and away wins "what have you done for me lately". It just won't always be RECENT history

I must have one because I thought you were doubting the "what are you going to for me?" ?? My bad.......:eek:

Reaction Score
Dominated the 60s? PC won the NIT twice(when that was THE tournament)

PC had arguably one of the best teams to never win the NCAA in the early 70s; but you guys were awesome.

Keep it up, you're awesome

Keep dreaming, you're awesome. The NIT was a very good tournament although most would argue the NCAA was still better. And since you beat St Louis and Canisius in the 2 NIT championships and Cincy and Loyola were winning the NCAA's with teams like UCLA, Ohio St, San Fran etc etc in that tourney I'm guessing they earned their titles for sure!!! Still it was better than it is now because the NCAA was only 16 or 32 then!! But UCLA teams were better than most through the Mullaney years I would think.......

How come you guys never hired Jim Larranaga??

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with Kemba?

Nothing to do with Kemba........thought you were giving it the "what have you done for me lately?"....actually thought you may be a PC fan with the negative tone!!!

Curious as to why you doubt the future of UConn basketball and pretty much made us an equal or worst to PC on "the latter"??

Reaction Score
You can tell how jealous and sad PC fans like sean and his buddy are if you go to their Scout board.

All the talk is UConn is fading to irrelevance (yea winning a title in 2011 we are fading fast) and PC is going to be the new Duke. It must get old with every new coaching hire or every new winning streak of 5 games they tell themselves "Hey were rising, were gonna be great! Look at us!" Only to again fall on their face and accomplish nothing when it matters. They are so proud of their team right now, did they forget that in this run they played one good team and lost by over 20?

It must get tiring every year to think they are becoming relevant and every year they find themselves in the gutter yet again.

But hey if them telling their selves that they are rising and we are dying helps them get out of bed in the morning so be it. It is cute.

Reaction Score
Nothing to do with Kemba........thought you were giving it the "what have you done for me lately?"....actually thought you may be a PC fan with the negative tone!!!

Curious as to why you doubt the future of UConn basketball and pretty much made us an equal or worst to PC on "the latter"??
Mau, he's not a UConn fan. Its easy to find these guys out when you use the search button

Reaction Score

I feel you can't take their success and extrapolate it forever, especially due to changing circumstances like have occurred recently. Do that for ucla back in the day and they are champs for eternity. I view it like the stock market. Indications are pc is on the upswing and uconn no longer has some of the key components of its sustained success. . Before going in to an uproar, people should consider the" starting point" and realize that doesn't mean I'm saying pc is going to be better than uconn. I'm not saying uconn is fading into irrelevance, just that it's silly to think things will continue to be like they have forever. Therefore I'm "not sure" about the future

Reaction Score
I feel you can't take their success and extrapolate it forever, especially due to changing circumstances like have occurred recently. Do that for ucla back in the day and they are champs for eternity. I view it like the stock market. Indications are pc is on the upswing and uconn no longer has some of the key components of its sustained success. . Before going in to an uproar, people should consider the" starting point" and realize that doesn't mean I'm saying pc is going to be better than uconn. I'm not saying uconn is fading into irrelevance, just that it's silly to think things will continue to be like they have forever. Therefore I'm "not sure" about the future
Are you ready to "come out" yet?

Reaction Score
PC has made it past the 1st round twice since 1974. Not I did not stutter, it is true in last 40 years PC has advanced past round 1 twice. URI is better then that. So how can PC not be on the upswing? Is it possible to get worse then that?

So PC is valued around a penny on the stock market right now, so yes you right they are an "upswing" because their value cannot get any lower.

Reaction Score
PC has made it past the 1st round twice since 1974. Not I did not stutter, it is true in last 40 years PC has advanced past round 1 twice. URI is better then that. So how can PC not be on the upswing? Is it possible to get worse then that?

So PC is valued around a penny on the stock market right now, so yes you right they are an "upswing" because their value cannot get any lower.
Hence my reference to starting points. Pc has sucked for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc