Inês to Gonzaga | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Inês to Gonzaga

Reaction Score
IMG_0814.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought she had committed to Manhattan College. Am I confusing her with someone else?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a good landing spot for her, though it's even further from Portugal. Very happy for her! The Zags definitely got a good one. Looking forward to seeing how her season progresses.

So our two portal kids end up in Maryland and Gonzaga. Not too shabby.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Congrats to Ines! Gonzaga is a pretty good women's program [may be underrating them]...hope she learns significant
PT whether off the bench or starting. Anyone know their roster well enough to make a guess? Once in a while... with all
the conference turmoil... you hear about the possibility of the Zags joining the Big East.

Reaction Score
I thought she had committed to Manhattan College. Am I confusing her with someone else?
You are thinking of NIKA'S SISTER, Hana Muhl, who transferred from Ball State to Manhattan.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I could not be more happy for her, but surprised she chose another "cold" location after coming to the US from a warmer climate!!!

Still, Gonzaga is a great program, well coached, usually ranked, and makes the big dance way more than they miss. It will give her a great chance to see what she can do against lesser competition for PG (not trying to insult Gonzaga, but they don't have the quality depth that UConn has).

I hope she tears it up out there! Go Ines!! :D

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
and makes the big dance way more than they miss
That and then some. Since 2009, 2016 is the only year they missed (obviously nobody went in 2020 because the Tourney was cancelled). 14 out of 15 ain't bad. Isn't there a Meatloaf song about that?

Reaction Score
Congrats to Ines. She's a good little guard. Unfortunately she always had very good players in front of her. I hope she gets more of an opportunity with the zags.

Open question: can you get any further away from Croatia and the Azores than Seattle and Gonzaga? Wow, practically the other side of the Earth.

Reaction Score
Wow, surprised that so many people are thrilled by athletes transferring out of UConn and calling it a win-win. Very comical.
Why not be happy for her? She's going to get real playing time that she was never going to get at the end of the bench in Storrs. It's not about being thrilled that she left, it's about being happy that she will get an opportunity to play and succeed. Lighten up.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Wow, surprised that so many people are thrilled by athletes transferring out of UConn and calling it a win-win. Very comical.
That's only because Ines and Amari are in unique situations.

Ines was a last minute add due to a cavalcade of injuries. She was not a typical caliber UConn recruit, but was a lot better than taking a walk on. She showed her value when she had to play full games against Princeton and Maryland.

Even though she turned out to be quite competent, she was still playing behind Paige, Azzi, Kk, Ash and now Allie and Morgan. No matter how much she improved there was always going to be USA top #15 guards in front of her.

Transferring, especially to a solid program (with a giant hole at guard) like Gonzaga will let her play 20-30 min a game. This is better for everybody.

Geno and the staff are great communicators. They would have talked Ines through her options from Day 1, and most importantly still offer an open door to Ines. Once a Husky always a Husky.

Briefly on Amari. She similarly just wasn't going to play mainly due to struggles with 1 on 1 defense. If she can get past nagging injuries and Maryland can use her in a zone or rim protector role, she can also earn a lot more playing time.

Kids want to play. If they make a sincere effort at UConn and it does not work out - a transfer out is not always a loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom