IMO: Does Warde provide updates on his "monitoring" of the conference situation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

IMO: Does Warde provide updates on his "monitoring" of the conference situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that you are correct that UConn is stuck in the AAC for a long long time. I don't think the fans will come back even if the team improves. There is just no sense of passion for games against the AAC brethren. No sense of rivalry. UConn-Pitt, UConn-Cuse, UConn-UWV, were games that generate enthusiasm. UConn-anyone AAC, just not so much.
It's the chicken and the egg. How much did attendance jump when UCONN jumped to 1-A, moved to the Rent, joined the Big East? There needs to be another significant leap and that leap is re-joining a conference that matters, obviously. Given that a current P5 conference is now much more important than the old Big East was, a P5 invitation would no doubt boost attendance in a B1G way. No question.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you're not starting to settle in for the long haul in the AAC you're somewhat delusional.

There's nothing Warde or anyone else can do until our football team improves. Once the team improves the fans will come back. Once the fans come back we might have a shot at jumping ship. But we may never get out. That's the reality that we need to come to terms with and we need to get back to just enjoying UConn sports. I mean hell, we're the goshdarn national champs in men's and women's basketball. Things could be worse.
Being somewhat delusional about our chances to go to a P5 confernece is the way I cope with our conference status. Please don't take that away from me.

Reaction Score
That's an excuse, not an answer. I wouldn't expect anything different from him. Paul P was a terrible hire, Warde was a close 2nd.
OH Warde is really good at excuses. So are the people who support him

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
husky91 said:
That's an excuse, not an answer. I wouldn't expect anything different from him. Paul P was a terrible hire, Warde was a close 2nd.

OH Warde is really good at excuses. So are the people who support him

That was in response to my post about Warde scheduling games in New York and Boston to show UCONN's reach into those coveted, larger cities. Also referenced in my reply his response at the Foundation dinner for UCONN fans to buy tickets and support UCONN athletics. So because husky91 can't answer my question, I'll ask you. How is that an excuse? He's giving an "update" on the conference situation - a chance for UCONN fans to prove themselves. Wouldn't you rather have a chance to sell out Yankee Stadium and create some real positive buzz about UCONN and the fanbase? Or would you rather just post stupid like this and complain about stuff that you clearly don't understand here on the Yard? So I'll ask once again, what "excuse" was I giving Warde? I support him, no question, just like I support all things UCONN. But it's time UCONN fans take some accountability too. 10k empty seats are scheduled for tomorrow's game against Boise State and yet you and husky91 want Warde to wave his magic wand??? Come on.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
For what its worth, my neighbor flew home from Ann Arbor yesterday sitting a row behind KO..perhaps he's out helping WM monitor Big Blue!

Did your neighbor connect through Philly..... because KO was in the Philly area yesterday for an in home visit with Derrick Jones and not in Ann Arbor

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
People who sit on the 2 national championships with no ambition are the fans that I despise.

We have to invest in our future- or we are going to be figuratively broke and left in the dust. When I say broke- a terrible TV deal, weak conference and a power 5 that is slowly, but surely, separating themselves from the rest.

I know for a fact, along with many others, that our stem efforts are an obvious attempt to get into the Big 10. I have ever heard this directly from high up administration. It HAS to happen.

I fear the day when we are losing recruits in Basketball because of our weak conference. Even though we have 4 titles.

Just rememember-we won last year's Men's title with a bunch of Calhoun recruits from the Big East days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom