I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know not all was. But we're stuck with PP for another year. That is going to be earth-shattering to some people here. :rolleyes:

Like I said, if there are still people here that think that there is any chance he is going to get fired, then they just don't know how this works. If it doesn't happen yesterday, it doesn't happen until a year from now.

Reaction Score
If you send a letter, you should be including how many years you have had season tickets, how many tickets, what level parking you pay for, how often you donate to Uconn athletics, travel to the away games you have traveled to (especially any of the really god awful road trips) and how the current football leadership, lack of exciting product and overall coaching performance results in you re-assessing your allocation of resources. If you sign your real name, he (or someone in is office) will start looking up and keep track of how much this will impact his department in terms of real $$$. Operating the Rent on game day costs the same if there are 20,000 people of 40,000 people. Loss of core fans will have a huge impact to the FB bottom line. Those that paid for the initial season ticket package and multi-year commitment when the program got started will be especially impactful if they write because these are the hardest of the hard core and if you start losing them, then you really are headed into the abyss.

Reaction Score
I came to that conclusion yesterday when Coach P held his conference call. Anyone who is still hoping for a change at the top is doing that in vain at this point.

I suspect that we may not see any major changes to the staff until after signing day. Can't see them jettisoning recruiters coming down the stretch.

Welcome back to the frustrating land of two consecutive losing seasons.
At the very LEAST, GDL must go. That's the LEAST PP has to do. Unless PP wants to continue to emulate the Patriots with a dual TE offense. :eek:

If PP fails this upcoming season to have a winning record and go to a bowl, I think that'll be his last year.

Reaction Score
If you send a letter, you should be including how many years you have had season tickets, how many tickets, what level parking you pay for, how often you donate to Uconn athletics, travel to the away games you have traveled to (especially any of the really god awful road trips) and how the current football leadership, lack of exciting product and overall coaching performance results in you re-assessing your allocation of resources. If you sign your real name, he (or someone in is office) will start looking up and keep track of how much this will impact his department in terms of real $$$. Operating the Rent on game day costs the same if there are 20,000 people of 40,000 people. Loss of core fans will have a huge impact to the FB bottom line. Those that paid for the initial season ticket package and multi-year commitment when the program got started will be especially impactful if they write because these are the hardest of the hard core and if you start losing them, then you really are headed into the abyss.
Winning will bring people back. It's not the end of the world. Unless you believe in that Mayan calendar stuff. Ironically, Mayan civilization ended before their calendar.

Reaction Score

That's a good idea. But I have a hard time saying that I won't support if so and so isn't fired, because I know that would be a lie.

Next season, I will be back in the US. I will probably travel to at least one away game and try for two home games traveling in from Kansas City.

We would have to be truly horrid, like 1-11 horrid for me to choose to miss out.

Reaction Score
At the very LEAST, GDL must go. That's the LEAST PP has to do. Unless PP wants to continue to emulate the Patriots with a dual TE offense. :eek:

If PP fails this upcoming season to have a winning record and go to a bowl, I think that'll be his last year.

Unfortunately, PP has a history of being in this situation. He has a history of standing by his man. What's awful is that I can't see him replacing GDL and removing him from the staff completely.

What kind of OC is going to want to come here when he knows that Paul's confidante GDL is still around?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Like I said, if there are still people here that think that there is any chance he is going to get fired, then they just don't know how this works. If it doesn't happen yesterday, it doesn't happen until a year from now.

Completely agree. I even sent a response back which he also replied to but that's it for me. I can't help but respect someone who actually responds to random fans just because they have an e-mail address, regardless of whether I disagree with his decision.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, PP has a history of being in this situation. He has a history of standing by his man. What's awful is that I can't see him replacing GDL and removing him from the staff completely.

What kind of OC is going to want to come here when he knows that Paul's confidante GDL is still around?
Likely going to be another rough year next year again. We lack WRs that have hands of glue right now. Hope this o-line can be fixed too. And we lose starters on defense. Doesn't look good already.

Reaction Score
I got essentially the same feedback - "I can assure you that I share your concern about the performance of the football program over the past two seasons"

But know "someone" read it because it referenced a suggestion I made on a non-coaching issue. (to convene formal focus group of season ticketholders to discuss improvements to game-day experiance and program outreach).

It is what it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown