I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I do not think UConn should fire Pasqualoni until UConn has a new Athletic Director. I have no confidence in Manuel's ability to successfully replace Pasqualoni.

If Deleone does not "retire" this week, I would start at Pasqualoni and go up, firing everyone.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My concern is that WM wants to delay hiring a new football coach until he knows where we will be playing football. Granted, under more normal circumstances (there wasn't such a disparity between potential landing spots) this would be a valid approach. Unfortunately, we cannot lose any further ground in football as the way things sit, B1G= Cadillac El Dorado; ACC - Steak Knives; BE = Fired!

Reaction Score
I do not think UConn should fire Pasqualoni until UConn has a new Athletic Director. I have no confidence in Manuel's ability to successfully replace Pasqualoni.

This should be easy for Warde, hand the reigns over to Don Brown. All of the continuity concerns that Warde supposedly has are not an issue if he promotes someone on the current staff.

Don currently has a significant amount of equity with the players and most fans, his promotion to HC will reinvigorate the whole program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i know a man who lives in this great state. he is a great guy, a family man and a serious business man. he owns lets just say multiple dunkin donuts in this state and has some power. this is just a prime example of the war about to come your way warde. if u think dunkin donuts is at all a bit important to your school and ad, then god help you on monday.

Reaction Score
i know a man who lives in this great state. he is a great guy, a family man and a serious business man. he owns lets just say multiple dunkin donuts in this state and has some power. this is just a prime example of the war about to come your way warde. if u think dunkin donuts is at all a bit important to your school and ad, then god help you on monday.

Hah Billy Ghio is a good man

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Dan, info such as this may be more effective if you kept it to yourself.

PWS

Reaction Score
Let's face it, this is a litmus test for "the Michigan Man." He is not responsible for hiring the George Blaney of College Football, so there is no loyalty. He needs to clear these fools out quickly to show that we are serious. The alternative is to downgrade football and make nice with the Catholics and try to create a decent basketball conference with the best of the A10. In the last week I am getting more comfortable with that idea, because UMass is more serious about football than we are, because I have no faith that we are going to go out and get a real coach and create a real BCS Program. The clowns would be fine in the Yankee Conference. They would beat Delaware once every 5 years. Let's stop throwing good money after bad.

Reaction Score
The excuse is that PP and DeLeone doesn't have their kids in yet, but thats bull ****! theres so many coaches that are successful their first and second years without having their "own players". If we want to be big time we have to act big time and that starts with firing theses coaches, besides hank and brown of course.

Exactly D. Brown didnt need to bring his kids to show that he has a clue in how to coach.

And I agree with Fishy, well said.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Now, I'm conflicted.

I want P to be fired. But I would also like to see Dunkin Donuts forced to take out a restraining order against Dan.

This could go in any one of several entertaining directions - I can almost see Warde waking up to find a dozen dismembered glazed donuts in bed with him.

Reaction Score
My concern is that WM wants to delay hiring a new football coach until he knows where we will be playing football.

I think the fan base is more than willing to accept an up and coming coach from the MAC. For such a hire conference affiliation probably does not matter too much.

Reaction Score
Dan, taking away Warde's donuts is a bold move, he might go all incredible hulk on you.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Now, I'm conflicted.

I want P to be fired. But I would also like to see Dunkin Donuts forced to take out a restraining order against Dan.

This could go in any one of several entertaining directions - I can almost see Warde waking up to find a dozen dismembered glazed donuts in bed with him.
Dan, taking away Warde's donuts is a bold move, he might go all incredible hulk on you.

taking away donuts will be the least of wardes issues. i'm taking away sponsor $$ and have a great idea on how to force that...

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
taking away donuts will be the least of wardes issues. i'm taking away sponsor $$ and have a great idea on how to force that...
Dan,

I have a feeling that with the correct representation you could land a distillery deal on a smaller scale to say Michael Jordan's Nike (now Jordan brand) sneaker deal. The key there would be to forward proceeds (if WM agrees to your terms) to UConn's athletic department.

I imagine that owning exclusive rights to provide you with libations would be very lucrative for the distillery and it could be profitable for you if your representation could start a bidding war between say Jim Beam, Austin Nichols (Wild Turkey), Evan Williams & Jack Daniels.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan,

I have a feeling that with the correct representation you could land a distillery deal on a smaller scale to say Michael Jordan's Nike (now Jordan brand) sneaker deal. The key there would be to forward proceeds (if WM agrees to your terms) to UConn's athletic department.

i am a bit lost as i have had one to few 2night, but where do i sign?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Anyone willing to share their letters?

This was my poor attempt. It was impossible to keep it short and simple so I ended up going pretty Spackler...

Dear Mr. Manuel,

I am not a UConn alumnus but I was raised in Connecticut and have been an ardent UConn fan since I started following college sports and became a passionate follower of the UConn football team when they made the upgrade to Division 1 football. Over these past 10 years, I have lived the ups and downs of UConn football and I thought you should know that in all that time, I have never been more pessimistic about the state of this program as I am today.

This is not about our most recent loss to Cincinnati or even the soap opera that is conference realignment. My analysis on the performance of this team was based on a complete season and looking back now, it is clear to me that the offensive coaching staff and Head Coach Pasqualoni are not up to the task of moving this program in a better direction and need to be replaced.

I’m sure you are as familiar with the dismal offensive statistics as I am. Prior to the Cincinnati game, we ranked in the bottom five of all FBS teams in Scoring Offense and the bottom 10 of all FBS teams in Total Offense. Those two statistics alone should be reason enough to merit a change in the offensive coaching staff but if you want to look beyond the quantitative and examine the qualitative, the “eye” test leads to a similar conclusion. This group did not lack for talent, particularly at the skill positions – we had returning 2nd team All-Big East performers at Tight End and Running Back along with returning our leading receiver from 2010 in Michael Smith. Chandler Whitmer was broadly considered a significant upgrade from our starting QB last year. Even the offensive line, which was considered our weakest link, had senior leadership with Masters and Bennett and returned both Kevin Friend and Steve Greene as starters from last year.

Despite having this talent available, we never executed on the game plan that the offensive coaching staff was looking for and seemed to take a significant step backwards from last year’s performance (when we had a walk-on starting QB). While I understand that coaches don’t throw or catch the ball (or do anything else on the field), if they cannot come up with an offensive scheme that matches the abilities of the players that they have, then a new direction is needed. In addition, like many fans, I was frustrated that, even though we were never able to master our “base” offense, we constantly attempted to introduce a wildcat offense that failed to move the ball and often took away from our offensive rhythm / caused the unnecessary wasting of Time Outs. Perhaps our offense should have spent its limited practice time to get better at our “base” offense as opposed to being sub-par in multiple systems?

With respect to Head Coach Pasqualoni, I appreciate that popular theory is that a Head Coach needs several years to bring in “his” players before you can truly judge him. That being said, Head Coach Pasqualoni has made many decisions over the past two years which are completely unrelated to the players on the field which make me doubt his abilities as a head coach. Specifically clock management and the use (or non-use) of Time Outs at the end of 1st halves and games in general has been abysmal. In addition, in similar situations (end of half or game), we have often run plays that involved multiple exchanges of the ball when a kneel-down would have sufficed with much less risk involved whether it be a potential turnover or a potential player injury. These poor decisions are unrelated to the players on the field and are indicative of poor head coaching ability.

Beyond those on the field decisions however was a quote from Head Coach Pasqualoni during his interview with the ABC sideline reporter after the first half of the Cincinnati game. In that interview, he was asked what the team needed to do in the 2nd half to win the game (a standard question) and his response was to play for a close game in the fourth quarter. I understand these interviews are not supposed to be particularly informative – they are a requirement of getting your game televised. That being said, Head Coach Pasqualoni’s statement seemed to be an admission which implied that he was coaching the game to just keep it close. I don’t understand how a coach can approach a game thinking that they are coaching for the fourth quarter. Doesn’t it imply that you expect to be unsuccessful at performing substantially better than the opponent in the first three quarters? Extrapolate further and it is really an indictment of his expectation of player / coach performance in the game; he doesn’t seek to win the game on each possession but rather try to keep it close until the fourth quarter so we can steal a win? As a fan, I hope you can appreciate that this philosophy is extremely frustrating and provides some explanation for our poor performance in various games earlier in the year and last year as well (both wins and losses).

These coaches have created a style of football for UConn which, from a fan’s perspective, does not generate excitement or optimism. Our schedule was relatively weak this year given the replacement of West Virginia by Temple in the Big East. This team had a great defense that performed very well statistically (Top 20 Scoring Defense and Top 10 Total Defense prior to Cincinnati game) and, in most games, was the only reason UConn was remotely competitive. If a team cannot even win half of its games with such superior performance on the defensive side of the ball, it is a clear commentary on the performance of both the offensive staff as well as the Head Coach.

This team, despite having the same unsatisfactory record of 5-7 as they did in 2011, has regressed offensively from last year. Coach DeLeone took personal responsibility for the Offensive Line this year and that unit performed far worse than they had in previous years under Coach Foley. That change in coaching responsibility was either made or approved by Head Coach Pasqualoni and is another apparent error in judgment. Two teams that beat us this year (Western Michigan and North Carolina State) have already terminated their head coaches’ contracts for sub-par performance. I hope you can appreciate that, while two years is not the ideal time frame to judge a coaching staff, in this case many fans, including myself, feel that it is more than sufficient. If no action is taken and the existing coaching staff is retained, I fear for the development of this program, both on the field and in the stands and in the hearts and minds of UConn alumni and local supporters such as myself.

Thank you in advance for listening to the perspective of the fans. I know I am not alone in my opinions and that others have also contacted you – some more coherently than others. We all have the same goal which is to support the UConn athletic programs and see them succeed at the highest level of competition. In order to achieve that, it seems apparent to me that changes need to be made as soon as possible.

Regards,

Reaction Score
The football program is already collapsing. I heard many random fans through out the game voice their disgust with the coaches but one brought up a valid point... We are a mid major now... Are we going to be able to throw the same type of $$ that Rutgers throws for the next big name? Do we keep paying for a good coach with lack of state interest? The football program is starting to become a financial burden. The fan base is turned off...Louisville and Rutgers both made football and bball their priority and it's paying off. I keep hearing about grades and academics from Herbst and manual ... As if they don't know the grass foots of how it all came to be. Will they throw the right $$ for a rising coach? If they do they need a game plan in place to have a list of next in line coaches that fit our program. We should follow cinci's system.... When the lose Butch Davis im confident they'll move forward without missing a beat. It has to be a living list ... Hell hire someone just to maintain it... Also schedule a real fb season... The SEC and big may play **** OOC but they play
Egit big names in conference... Start a year with rhode island and buffalo .. With the biggest OOC being a vandy or Maryland along with the new big least well no one will give a ****.
Shut up. PLEASE. Get therapy, do something.

Reaction Score
This should be easy for Warde, hand the reigns over to Don Brown. All of the continuity concerns that Warde supposedly has are not an issue if he promotes someone on the current staff.

Don currently has a significant amount of equity with the players and most fans, his promotion to HC will reinvigorate the whole program.
But he will only get a one year deal.

Reaction Score
Is there any way Fishy can craft the letter and open it to all Boneyarders willing to sign? Not being lazy just trying to get the loudest voice possible

This is a good idea

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Well looks like there would be at least 4 signatures. I'm willing to bet we could get the majority of the board to sign on. Not sure how many members there are but I'm sure many signees won't write one on their own for whatever the reason.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
OK. You convinced me. Done! My email to Warde was just sent.

(By the way, Fishy. How did you manage to grow another 3 inches in just a couple of months?)

Reaction Score
The excuse is that PP and DeLeone doesn't have their kids in yet, but thats bull ****! theres so many coaches that are successful their first and second years without having their "own players". If we want to be big time we have to act big time and that starts with firing theses coaches, besides hank and brown of course.
Agreed, the "give them time to get their kids" thing is complete BS. That excuse carries some weight if a coaching staff takes over a team like UCONN (or to go higher up the foodchain) or Wisconsin, that has been built around big, strong OLinemen, posession-type receivers, and athletic, "lunch pail" mentality defenders, and they are then going to install the up-tempo, spread philosophy.

DeLeone has decimated everything he has touched at UCONN. In Year One-our run production and passing immediately dropped off-at first attributable to some admittedly big personnel losses. Enter Year Two-he takes over the O-Line and they instantly become much worse than the previous year, and our offensive production sinks to lows not seen in over 5 years. Our Special Teams went from being some of the best in the country to pedestrian in terms of both kick returns and kick coverage.

The way he has brushed off his incompetence with only thinly-veiled swipes at the "lack of talent" to work with is disgusting and highly disrespectful of the kids who bust their butts on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom