If you're the UCONN AD, would you try to leave the american tomorrow? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you're the UCONN AD, would you try to leave the american tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Agreed, the american is losing louisville and rutgers and gaining Tulsa and Uab... I'm sorry but that's just terrible long-term for UCONN.
The AAC is pimping Tulsa as a "banner program". Okaaaaaay

Reaction Score
The AAC is pimping Tulsa as a "banner program". Okaaaaaay

They have to, and UConn has to go along. The AAC has to spin every move in a positive light. The AAC and it's members have to sell itself as best they can. We know that the spin is not true. We know that UConn wants out, but until that happens UConn has to be all in regarding the AAC.

When you are preparing your resume you highlight your positive accomplishments.
When you are selling something to point out the positive features and downplay or ignore the negative ones.
That is what the AAC and UConn have to do.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you think football independence is the answer, you might as well set Storrs on fire and punch Jonathan in the throat.

Reaction Score
Thank God you got here - we were all talking the other day about how much we were enjoying life in the AAC and whether we should buy Tulsa some sort of housewarming gift.

It seems we had it wrong, all wrong.

I think one of those nice knitted things your grandmother use to put over her extra toilet paper roll would be appropriate...

Reaction Score
How come no one wants to answer the original question?

My answer is no, I would not leave the conference on Tuesday. Its the start of the Tourney and I don't want my teams (men/women) distracted from the Championship. Also not knowing where I'm heading would be another reason.

Now son, pass the joint.

Reaction Score

My answer is no, I would not leave the conference on Tuesday. Its the start of the Tourney and I don't want my teams (men/women) distracted from the Championship. Also not knowing where I'm heading would be another reason.

Now son, pass the joint.
Puff, puff, give. Puff, puff give.

Reaction Score
I just don't get how nobody would want UCONN in their conference, am I missing something? Great cbb program in women's and men's, football is a joke I guess, but they still produce football players in the nfl. If rutgers and Maryland can get in the A-10, Uconn should be able to as well.
If RU and Maryland are leaving for the A-10 maybe there's room in the B1G after all:D

Reaction Score
They have to, and UConn has to go along. The AAC has to spin every move in a positive light. The AAC and it's members have to sell itself as best they can. We know that the spin is not true. We know that UConn wants out, but until that happens UConn has to be all in regarding the AAC.

When you are preparing your resume you highlight your positive accomplishments.
When you are selling something to point out the positive features and downplay or ignore the negative ones.
That is what the AAC and UConn have to do.
The problem comes when the positives / accomplishments are nothing of the sort. Makes you look stupid to be pimping nonsense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Now son, pass the joint.
Because this isn't really a question. Plus we have a whole section of the board dedicated to this.

Reaction Score
The problem comes when the positives / accomplishments are nothing of the sort. Makes you look stupid to be pimping nonsense.
Don't think anyone is thrilled to see UCONN Houston play in football or in any sport for that matter...

Reaction Score
I just don't get how nobody would want UCONN in their conference, am I missing something? Great cbb program in women's and men's, football is a joke I guess, but they still produce football players in the nfl. If rutgers and Maryland can get in the A-10, Uconn should be able to as well.
Wow, let me help you. You were watching teams like Memphis compete in final fours back in 1973, when your team was a trailor park campus. You have only been relevant when you got lucky and hired a hall of fame coach. He happened to win you 3 national championships. That ERA is over. Now your back to trailor park status, but your fans think you are entitled like the Dukies. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are gonna have to have another remarkable hire to reach that status, with no football team, and you pay your coach pennies.

Memphis used to be a rival to Florida St., Georgia Tech, Miami, and Virginia Tech in football. Then we were relegated to playing UAB and Southern Miss. We also went to the final four in both the 70's and 80's ....but you guy's are getting screwed. Welome to the club.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
A10 or Big East is a big upgrade.

I would take a partial membership in ACC with football independence.

There are ideas that need to be explored. In 3 years it will be too late.
So Nelson gets a lot of flak for his stance, including from me... but in the same way that a crazy HFD/B1GConn rant has a kernel of truth in it, the core truth of UConn's situation is that it's going to be operating in the red will or have to cut its athletic budget in several years if new revenue streams can't be found. There's not clear route out of our quandry, any power 5 invite could be a decade away and that is too late. For the next couple years we have to hope Diaco gets football turned around to get other conferences to take note. Heck, he has to get football winning enough so that basketball fans on this board will migrate over to the football board, want to go to games, and buy season ticket packages. That more than anything will be what determines UConn's fate - irrelevance and no money, left to wither on the vine, or packed stadiums and a winning attitude and an eventual P5 invite whenever they get around to it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The seedings and number of bids will be brought up with every UConn recruit, and every school looking for a coach will bring it up with those coaches.

But let's just hope things will get better in the AAC. That seems like a great plan.

Did you know that a sad trombone plays every time you post a comment?

You're a broken record. We get it, Debbie.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wow, let me help you. You were watching teams like Memphis compete in final fours back in 1973, when your team was a trailor park campus. You have only been relevant when you got lucky and hired a hall of fame coach. He happened to win you 3 national championships. That ERA is over. Now your back to trailor park status, but your fans think you are entitled like the Dukies. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are gonna have to have another remarkable hire to reach that status, with no football team, and you pay your coach pennies.

Memphis used to be a rival to Florida St., Georgia Tech, Miami, and Virginia Tech in football. Then we were relegated to playing UAB and Southern Miss. We also went to the final four in both the 70's and 80's ....but you guy's are getting screwed. Welome to the club.

Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
You are joking here? A10 and Big East an upgrade? Providence just won the BE tournament! Even with Ville gone those conferences are lateral moves IMO.
The Big East Tourny champ is an 11 seed.
That doesn't sound very respectful to me.

Reaction Score
A10 or Big East is a big upgrade.

I would take a partial membership in ACC with football independence.

There are ideas that need to be explored. In 3 years it will be too late.

OK ... I have called you an idiot. Now you are a moron. You are going in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom