If your head is full of negativity and venom, and want to blame someone, and think the season is over | The Boneyard

If your head is full of negativity and venom, and want to blame someone, and think the season is over

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Don't post.

Anyone remember the old Hartford Courant forum they renamed, "Vent"? It got shut down.

This isn't the place to vent.

Some of the posts I just read are despicable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed! The season has been remarkable for the commitment these players have maintained despite a tsunami of injuries. Celebrate and talk about the achievements! The reality is a team with lesser leadership would have double the losses of this team. Head up and enjoy every mile they carry us. A well earned final four this year might rank up there with Coach's most impressive seasons !!

Reaction Score
If you are upset and disappointed as fans, imagine how our players feel. You just can't drive the car without gas in the tank. The SC game took a lot out of us and the schedule has been simply brutal. Three of our losses have now come in away games after a game at home (I'm including XL) with either only 1 or 2 days in between. It would be a lot for a deep, healthy team. I just worry about them getting rested which will probably now be in March. We still have enough to get to the FF if we can get it back.

Reaction Score
And they're kids. (And don't @me about 22-year olds. If I were judged on things I did in college-- well, I'm not sure I'd be allowed to have the job I do now.)

Don't care how much some folks think they "get paid" to be athletes. These are great kids who care more than we ever will. Being a fan doesn't mean being a fair weather fan.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just think how our guys and coaches feel. There is absolutely nothing that can be done when the tank is empty or your batteries are dead, and not another station or car in sight. You can only do so much even when playing their butts off, game in and game out. Our 5 players have to have exceeded any of us fans wildest expectations. And just think about how the Marquette players (rightfully so) celebrated after the final buzzer....this was their NC win. And every other BE team feels the same way when they play us. Think about it...

Reaction Score
The road might have gotten a bit tougher but in the end the journey hasn't changed. Nobody wants to face UCONN in the tournament especially if they aren't a 1 seed. They are still one of a couple teams to beat and hopefully the game yesterday helped them to see what is needed to get to the next level. SC is clearly the best team right now and UCONN is a breath away from being right there with them.

Reaction Score
Finally, people with with empathy, praise and logic. In my opinion these young women have played their hearts out and deserve lots of praise. It has been along stretch for them between games and travel and they should be commended. I for one am proud of them and proud to be a UCONN fan!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Some posters need to be put on ignore. I also wonder if they ever played sports at all.

These young ladies have played their hearts out every game under the most difficult of circumstances and continue to win. They are exhausted. Last night they didn't have it. That's okay.

This team will always be my favorite because of their grit, toughness and the sisterhood they exhibit every day. They have built a bond that will never be broken.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Our women (kids), were out played. We'll get over it quicker than they will. Our job is to support them and thank them for giving us everything they have and then some. This has been a fantastic season to see maturity in the face of disaster. Even though I didn't sleep much last night, I'm sure I got more than any of team and coaches did. Watching it unfold, I felt terrible for every one of them. Better days are ahead and if we intend to support them during wins, we MUST support them during losses.

This board also gives us a chance to support one another as fans. I enjoy perusing various opinions concerning what ever. Thanks to the mods for keeping it civil and a positive place to visit. I don't envy the job they have but I certainly appreciate it.

Reaction Score
Some posters need to be put on ignore. I also wonder if they ever played sports at all.

These young ladies have played their hearts out every game under the most difficult of circumstances and continue to win. They are exhausted. Last night they didn't have it. That's okay.

This team will always be my favorite because of their grit, toughness and the sisterhood they exhibit every day. They have built a bond that will never be broken.
It's because some ppl live their life through sports. When I was a kid maybe I was this way but now that I'm older and grew up I still get bummed when one of my fave teams lose but it's not the end of the world. For some it is and they spew venom. Can't tell u how embarrassed I was when lower raider fans were glad a former raider injured Mahomes. Embarrasses me as a fan. I respect him As a qb and maybe he's a little cocky but still am privileged to watch him.

Reaction Score
I agree with all those who have correctly noted that the young women on this team have made a heroic effort to win every game. The injury list is a jaw-dropper, and I cannot imagine how hard it is to keep up with a very difficult schedule under these circumstances.

That said, I just have a couple of observations. I believe all the players are playing below the level to which we're accustomed, and the reason is that they've been ground down by the circumstances under which they are playing. I'm sure that somewhere on the BY, individuals have enumerated the passes to nowhere, dropped balls, weak hands, lack of movement, etc. It is, unfortunately, just the way it is. It's a combination of factors:
1. The injuries
2. The difficult schedule
3. Opponents that can see how to exploit the team's weaknesses ()including very physical play), and become emotionally supercharged at the thought of taking down the vaunted Huskies.
4. A coach who, for better or worse, plays a short lineup and a short bench. You cannot argue with success. Most years, that works fine. This year, not so much.
5. Subs who are hard-pressed to make much of a contribution. Imagine the pressure they must be under, knowing they will be in for just a nanosecond and have to do everything right if they want to get off the bench again.

My guess is that without a couple of weeks of complete rest, the players' problems will not go away for any length of time. They'll probably have a good game, followed by a not-so-good game. The season will last for as long as they are winning the not-so-good ones.

Speaking as just one fan, this is painful, not because the team has lost games and may lose again, but because these players deserve better that the crap that fate has handed them. I'll watch the games, admire their ability to do what they can, and groan when dumb things -- stuff that never would ordinarily happen -- afflicts them.

Reaction Score
Basketball, and particularly the UConn women, has provided the distraction that helped me get through some of the worst times of my life. I have nothing but respect and admiration for these young women. I usually stay off the Boneyard for a while after a loss because Of the negativity, but today seems like the perfect day to say ‘thank you’.

Reaction Score
Don't post.

Anyone remember the old Hartford Courant forum they renamed, "Vent"? It got shut down.

This isn't the place to vent.

Some of the posts I just read are despicable.
Thank you so much.

Reaction Score
I just watched a program on the devastation in Turkey. In the grand scheme of things, last night's loss means nothing. Perspective. Let's reset and win again. The season is far from over.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is a National Title & the only way that could happen is if CD & Azzi come back. It doesnt really matter if UConn is a 1-2-3 seed. If they get those two back & with a little luck, they have a shot in March.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
As stated above, as a fan, our job is to support these young ladies, and try to realize how hard it is to go as hard as they do, whether practice or game. I wish some people would step back, especially those that never played the game at a high level. These girls have been amazing what has been accomplished so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom