If UCF is 0-5, why are we a +2.5 underdog? | The Boneyard

If UCF is 0-5, why are we a +2.5 underdog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Worth noting - I know about football, and less about betting odds.

Reaction Score
Who was president the last time we won a road game?

We are climbing out of a big hole. It is going to take some time folks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A couple of offshore books put up lines on Sunday night. Those are generally based on where they power rate the teams, who is at home, and minor adjustments for other things you wouldn't have in a power rating (like new injuries).

They take some smaller bets to give them an idea directionally which way they should move the opener.

Then a whole bunch of other books (Vegas for example) copy their lines and they raise the limits.

From there everyone pretty much moves the line together based off what a couple of market leaders do - like Pinnacle in the UK.

The line moves more on who is betting what - meaning that the books know who the sharper players and groups are and their opinion matters.

So the UConn game opened around +2.5 went to a pick in a about a day and then money came back from the right people to push it back to -2.5.

Reaction Score
Games like this are assessed differently by the books according to two of my buddies in Vegas. This is an assessment by the books that we're a slightly better than even bet with UCF. With the 3pt home field add-on not fully given the books are looking for a UCF betting edge but they feel UConn is actually considered the better team by 0.5. This is a lock for the Huskies and any bettor who does not take the Huskies here is throwing his coin away. Huskies win big today.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Games like this are assessed differently by the books according to two of my buddies in Vegas. This is an assessment by the books that we're a slightly better than even bet with UCF. With the 3pt home field add-on not fully given the books are looking for a UCF betting edge but they feel UConn is actually considered the better team by 0.5. This is a lock for the Huskies and any bettor who does not take the Huskies here is throwing his coin away. Huskies win big today.

If I knew how to place a bet, I would.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We just took some heavy money and are now -1.5 on my site.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't have held out for 3. Maybe it's money that moves lines?

Reaction Score
The line set doesn't depict the true odds. That's a common misconception. It's attributed to who's betting on who and adjusted based off that NOT off of the chances the two teams have vs. one another

Reaction Score
The line set doesn't depict the true odds. That's a common misconception. It's attributed to who's betting on who and adjusted based off that NOT off of the chances the two teams have vs. one another

RE:Your avitar is great...I saw those t-shirts when I was on the Whaler forum page..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
RE:Your avitar is great...I saw those t-shirts when I was on the Whaler forum page..

My brother is the one pushing that logo everywhere. He claimed he sold 200 tshirts in like a day.

He fixed it this week to get rid of the mustache looking part. The new one looks a lot better.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Some truth in that - but it's a fairly efficient market. If it wasn't it would be easy to win - yet a small percentage do and a good number of them have to spend time manipulating the market.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn line has moved hardcore. Now UConn -1 on Bovada.

Reaction Score
Line probably had to due with UCF getting their starting QB back after having a true freshman playing QB for the past 3 weeks. They also get their #1 receiver back for todays game after having a freshman trio of WRs for the past few weeks.

Reaction Score
Mine is the upper right.

Also threw in some for BB to win NC at 25:1.

Reaction Score
My brother is the one pushing that logo everywhere. He claimed he sold 200 tshirts in like a day.

He fixed it this week to get rid of the mustache looking part. The new one looks a lot better.

Tell him: thank you and awesome idea! I bought a hoodie and t-shirt.

Reaction Score
You must have a crystal ball.

Anyone put money on the Huskies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member