Ideal 16 Team Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ideal 16 Team Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

CONN Ed

"Quote me as saying I was misquoted." GM
Reaction Score
Correction, the 'Like' option has been removed from ALL my posts. It's funny...all the I read here and I'm a 'problem poster'. Amazing.

CONN Ed

Reaction Score
Now I feel silly. I would say 'stupid' but I imagine someone will help me out with that.

CONN Ed

Reaction Score
Must be a Rutgers fan.

Not a Rutgers 'fan' but I would not mind seeing them develop their football program a bit. More good teams = more excitement. SEC West was a good example of this in 2014. (Yes, I do understand you are making fun of me... with just cause.)

Reaction Score
What team are you a fan of Ed?
Not a Rutgers 'fan' but I would not mind seeing them develop their football program a bit. More good teams = more excitement. SEC West was a good example of this in 2014. (Yes, I do understand you are making fun of me... with just cause.)
Why so inscrutable? Simply coy...or something more trollish?

CONN Ed

Reaction Score
Why so inscrutable? Simply coy...or something more trollish?

'Inscrutable' doesn't seem fair. I have not made false or conflicting statements in an attempt to obfuscate the reader and conceal my preference. I simply haven't made a statement regarding the matter. Furthermore, I have no intention of doing so. Trollish? I have 91 posts (I understand many / most have a great deal more) but that would still be a sizable waste of my time. Not my thing anyway - though admittedly I may occasionally sound like a Troll. Be assured I'm not. Guess I'll have to go with $500 on ‘Simply Coy’.

Why so bloody curious, mate?

Reaction Score
'Inscrutable' doesn't seem fair. I have not made false or conflicting statements in an attempt to obfuscate the reader and conceal my preference. I simply haven't made a statement regarding the matter. Furthermore, I have no intention of doing so. Trollish? I have 91 posts (I understand many / most have a great deal more) but that would still be a sizable waste of my time. Not my thing anyway - though admittedly I may occasionally sound like a Troll. Be assured I'm not. Guess I'll have to go with $500 on ‘Simply Coy’.

Why so bloody curious, mate?
Being honest and consistent isn't the same as being open and candid. It is often helpful understanding a poster's assumptions in understanding their post. And, occasionally, people do spend considerable time wasting time on message boards. That said, I'll take you word in denying trolldom status. I will also try to remember to read your future posts with caution.

CONN Ed

Reaction Score
Well, I give you my word I am not a Troll. However, I must admit some may find me, at times, disagreeable. I do not believe they are one in the same because a Troll would be disagreeable by design, I am only occasionally so. I would urge you not to use considerable caution reading my future posts. We are getting along fine. Why should that not be the case in the future? I am honest, I try to be consistent. As far a open and candid, that's a 'ME' thing. I've never been very forthcoming about things of a personal nature. I'm working on it. However, I will tell you this: I like Indiana basketball, Michigan State football, BYU football, Kansas basketball, Georgia Tech football, UConn basketball (with respect, you really have to do something about that football program), Air Force football, Army and Navy football, and anyone playing Norte Dame in any sport. I do not like Boise football, Kentucky basketball, Texas football, UCLA basketball, Duke basketball, and either of the Arizona football programs. I hate FSU and PSU. There, a good start, yes?

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to that Lynnwood whatever? Someone gives off a very similar vibe in this thread.

Reaction Score
Your ideal 16 team conference needs 18 teams or 20 in each. Having 16 teams only allows for 7 conference division games in football. If you have 18 teams then that would allow for 8 conference division football games and 16 for basketball. If you have 20 conference teams then you have 9 and 18. These are much better options than 16.

pj

Reaction Score
Your ideal 16 team conference needs 18 teams or 20 in each. Having 16 teams only allows for 7 conference division games in football. If you have 18 teams then that would allow for 8 conference division football games and 16 for basketball. If you have 20 conference teams then you have 9 and 18. These are much better options than 16.

16 teams in 2 divisions of 8 = 7 division games per year plus cycle through other division in 4 years (2 games per year) on 9 game schedule or thrice in eight years (once every 2-3 years, 2.67 on average) on a 10 game schedule.

16 teams in 4 pods of 4 = 3 pod games per year + 2 games against the other 3 pods per year in 9 game schedule = cycle through other pods every 2 years.

For a conference like the B1G where every team will want to play Michigan and Ohio State regularly, a pod system may work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom