I can only assume... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I can only assume...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Every busness deal I have ever seen get done, gets done face to face at the end of the day...unless you're telemarketing. Maybe Warde is telemarketing to the conferences.

For what its worth, i conduct millions of dollars in transactions over the course of a year and rarely meet with my clients face to face. Im not suggesting im an expert on how conference realignment negotiations work but there are a ton of business deals that get done every second without face to face interaction.

Reaction Score
Yeah, good idea. You should ignore reality and facts as they stand.
Dude. It's you.

You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and are putting your opinion out there as fact and reality.

Reaction Score
Listen, if we get situated properly, then hats off. But, I got to tell you this mad scramble should inform you that they are continually reacting. If you cant sell a school with multiple national championships, a top 35 media market, the highest median income demographic, proximity to NY and Boston, no competing professional sports program, you suck.

Again, as has been said you don't know whats going on, you're only making wild assumptions based on your emotions, you're not in the offices or on the phones, you have no idea what is being done. And SH has played the politicing game for us and got bashed for "begging" them.

And they know they can get us anytime they call so where is the rush on their end? They can go after programs like Louisville who have options with the B12, offer virtually the same thing minus the academics and have a far more loyal fanbase from what I've experienced.

Reaction Score
How can I ignore a poster?

between this and asking what OP meant earlier, you're making me feel like a technology wizard. to ignore a poster click on their name and there's two little buttons that say "ignore" and "follow", you click "ignore". Or you could do it the old fashioned way and just ignore them

Reaction Score
For what its worth, i conduct millions of dollars in transactions over the course of a year and rarely meet with my clients face to face. Im not suggesting im an expert on how conference realignment negotiations work but there are a ton of business deals that get done every second without face to face interaction.

For what its worth, I buy, sell and invest in businesses and have done so for approx. 2o years. I've never seen anything of any real size be done until you get face to face and achieve buy in. Not talking volume. Im talking size. At 5 MM, 50MM or 250MM without face to face meetings between principles, it is not happening. Everything needs to be proactively positioned and marketed, plain and simple. . Im very sorry I appear so scathing . You just have folks that have no idea what they are doing in this arena. You can only be out manuevered so many times, before your realize you're out of your league (no pun intended).

Reaction Score
For what its worth, I buy, sell and invest in businesses and have done so for approx. 2o years. I've never seen anything of any real size be done until you get face to face and achieve buy in. Not talking volume. Im talking size. At 5 MM, 50MM or 250MM without face to face meetings between principles, it is not happening. Everything needs to be proactively positioned and marketed, plain and simple. . Im very sorry I appear so scathing . You just have folks that have no idea what they are doing in this arena. You can only be out manuevered so many times, before your realize you're out of your league (no pun intended).

... to your point in some respect, it's all about relationships and you continue to espouse your opinion that neither SH or WM have relative relationships?

Reaction Score
Again, as has been said you don't know whats going on, you're only making wild assumptions based on your emotions, you're not in the offices or on the phones, you have no idea what is being done. And SH has played the politicing game for us and got bashed for "begging" them.

And they know they can get us anytime they call so where is the rush on their end? They can go after programs like Louisville who have options with the B12, offer virtually the same thing minus the academics and have a far more loyal fanbase from what I've experienced.

You are correct on that point. But I think past performance is a good indication of what has been going on. Thats all Im saying. They took the jobs (not easy), but there has been a building crisis and the handwriting has been on the wall. We sit as one of the last out while teams with arguably less to offer have made the move. I would not be begging anybody. Id be offering a select few conferences with an enticing package (b10, acc, b12, pac) which includes bringng $$ to the table.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What is insane is continuing to assume folks are getting it done when the results say the opposite.

What results exactly? Nothings been determined yet.

I dont see how one is fair weather for pointing out something which ought to be plainly obvious.

Ha, Ha. I just took another spin through the Twitterverse...1) Based on the FACT that nothing has yet been determined = nothing is "plainly obvious." 2) The title of your thread is: I can only assume... The words/phrases, "Assume," and, "plainly obvious" are not often used in conjunction. You are fair-weather because you are jumping ship on Manuel and Herbst before any conclusion has been reached. They have been on the job for under a year and inherited a tshow. Do you leave no-hitters is the 6th inning, assuming that they happen too?

We're the last ones off a sinking ship. How you arrive at the notion that we should all be very pleased with the status quo speaks volumes about who cares about what.

Where was this said and by whom?

Reaction Score
He's 6'6", 250 too!
If you can tell me the difference between a share of nonregistered preferred stock with nominal common stock warrants attached, yielding a 10% per annum dividend on non current pay basis with a 2X liquidation preference is versus a secured note with a 10% orginal issue discount with 2x equity kicker on principal is, I'll bite or you can shut the hell up.

6"0-225

Reaction Score
What results exactly? Nothings been determined ye

Ha, Ha. I just took another spin through the Twitterverse...1) Based on the FACT that nothing has yet been determined = nothing is "plainly obvious." 2) The title of your thread is: I can only assume... The words/phrases, "Assume," and, "plainly obvious" are not often used in conjunction. You are fair-weather because you are jumping ship on Manuel and Herbst before any conclusion has been reached. They have been on the job for under a year and inherited a tshow. Do you leave no-hitters is the 6th inning, assuming that they happen too?

Where was this said and by whom?

Results = None. That is planly obvious. Therefore, I assume, what ever was done or not done was ineffectice, since we are still status quo. If we take the function of time (t) and apply infinitiy to it, Im certain something will be done at some time. But, that is hardly persuasive logic.

New Status - If the pilot is dead and the plane is going down, do really fee l better that the co-pilot is telling you he's sorry he's not sure how to land, or do you want the co-polit that says I've got this and we will land safely. There are always crisis and challenges and these people get paid to formulate plans, make decisions and execute. I dont understand the generous undersanding when results are what matters.

Listen, there are those among you who will defend to te end. I appreciate that fact and it is laudible. I owe no loyalty to Herbst or Warde. It is to the team and the school and if the individuals are not serving its interests, then Ill turn on them in a second.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If you can tell me the difference between a share of nonregistered preferred stock with nominal common stock warrants attached, yielding a 10% per annum dividend on non current pay basis with a 2X liquidation preference is versus a secured note with a 10% orginal issue discount with 2x equity kicker on principal is, I'll bite or you can shut the hell up.

6"0-225
You realize that 20 people probably just went to Investipedia.com just to shut you up. You also realize that most Accounting and Finance resources are online in whole or in part. You also realize that that your question has 0 (zero) to do with the matter at hand. You realize all of that, right?

APA

Reaction Score
Every busness deal I have ever seen get done, gets done face to face at the end of the day...unless you're telemarketing. Maybe Warde is telemarketing to the conferences.
They have business deals in junior high?

Reaction Score
Bluedogs, if you can explain what preferred stock has to do with conference expansion I'll explain the difference between the two securities. I'm pretty sure I won't have to post an explanation.

The part that seems crazy to me is thinking that the expansions are being made based on the salesmanship of our Pres/AD. Do you really think Maryland has a better AD than us b/c they were selected? Their Athletic Department is a mess, and their alumni were on the verge of a mutiny before they stepped in this doodoo. Tom Jurich has been universally hailed as a great AD for the last decade, but now he sucks b/c UofL hasn't been invited yet? These decisions are being made for reasons that are basically out of the AD's control, unless you think Warde and Herbst should move campus to downtown NYC to make us a more attractive TV market

Husky25

Reaction Score
Results = None. That is planly obvious. Therefore, I assume, what ever [sic] was done or not done was ineffectice [sic], since we are still status quo. If we take the function of time (t) and apply infinitiy to it, Im [sic] certain something will be done at some time. But, that is hardly persuasive logic.

New Status - If the pilot is dead and the plane is going down, do [sic] really fee l [sic] better that the co-pilot is telling you he's sorry he's not sure how to land, or do you want the co-polit that says I've got this and we will land safely. There are always crisis and challenges and these people get paid to formulate plans, make decisions and execute. I dont [sic]understand the generous undersanding when results are what matters.

Listen, there are those among you who will defend to te [sic] end. I appreciate that fact and it is laudible. I owe no loyalty to Herbst or Warde. It is to the team and the school and if the individuals are not serving its interests, then Ill [sic] turn on them in a second.

I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice...
There are also a number of comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar resources on-line, including spell check...Copy and paste from MS Word if you have to!!!!

If you didn't rush through my post, you will notice that I said there are no results YET. Has the ACC said that UConn is out? Do Susan Herbst and Warde Manuel answer to you? That is, did you have a part in determining their salary? Do you literally hand them their pay stub every Friday? If no (which I ASSUME), then settle down.

Hebst is not a co-pilot, She served in an administration in a South Eastern Conference (Dare I say SEC at the risk you go off about SFAS 142 for no reason) school. You may have heard about the SEC to which I refer. They've won a few BCS Championship trophies over the last several years. Related, I don't want to know that the pilot is dead. I want the co-pilot to shut up, use his/her training, and do their job...which is exactly what I ASSUME is happening until I hear otherwise.

Reaction Score
Listen, if we get situated properly, then hats off. But, I got to tell you this mad scramble should inform you that they are continually reacting. If you cant sell a school with multiple national championships, a top 35 media market, the highest median income demographic, proximity to NY and Boston, no competing professional sports program, you suck.

How do you know the deal isn't done, and all that's left is a formal vote from the ACC when they meet?

You wouldn't answer my first question, I'll try asking again. How do you know the deal isn't done, and all that remains is a formal vote?

Ironically you rant and rave about facts when you don't even have the narrative correct. What "mad scramble" are you talking about? The one going on in Louisville, where you have already proclaimed them victors? There is nothing in Storrs but silence. Which is very similar to Pitt/Cuse before they bolted.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

6"0-225
Okay this merits an ignore from me.

Reaction Score
That Warde and Herbst are sitting in Storrs like deer frozen in the headlights, one step behind reacting to what s happening. Nothing...zero...leadership or vision has been exhibited or communciated.

I have zero faith in the land of misfit toys in Storrs. Our wannabes have been taken to school by experienced bigs boys playing for keeps. Neither have the experience to handle this situation and it is showing.

I am not sure Herbst is like a deer but I imagine Aresco and the conference is. Imagine what they are facing - the BE turning back into a basketball conference only - what Marionette seemed to secretly desire all along. Aresco's jaw must have dropped into his clam chowder when he learned that not only is Snooki leaving too but that in the name of survival Boise et al are looking for a life boat back out west.

This conference is done for in football.

I don't know if anyone in charge of the school could have done anything differently. UConn's conference destiny has been out of their control from the start, as soon as it joined the BE. How could today's circumstances for UConn been any different than the path they have arrived on? I suppose UConn under Hogan/Austin could have demanded that the BE institute departure terms that made it untenable for anyone to leave but would members have gone for that? Everyone in this conference is full of such self-loathing that they couldn't wait to get out of here - UConn included.

The best thing UConn can do is put a good football team on the field. If UConn had been consistently better in football we might have been in another conference today. I have had no problems with UConn being passed over like Charlie in the Box and the squirt gun that shoots jelly on the island of misfit toys you allude to. The BE configured with Snooki, Cincy, Louisville and the guys out west was fine with me. But NOW, UConn, if not invited to the ACC, is looking at either no conference affiliation or a certain move to a MAC-level conference. Either C-USA or MAC.

When you stand back from all of this the question is what would Lew Perkins had done differently that would have put the school in a different position than it finds itself in now? If UConn had great football it might have been able to go it alone like ND for a few years and still get bowl invites. But UConn football isn't nearly great. So it makes the best of a crummy situation it has little control over.

Back to my original point. The university it seems to me was limited in its choices. The LEAGUE, on the other hand, has phuked things up royally all the way down the line in the name of preserving those great rivalries between ridiculous, marginalized non-entities Providence and Villanova.

Reaction Score

6"0-225

Just another version of the same tired Internet tough guy measuring contest. Thanks for confirming that you're a child. Now go give yourself a pat on the back for being able to quote from a Sophomore-level finance textbook, and leave the meaningful discussion for the grown-ups.

Reaction Score
Blue Dog, in all your negotiating and deal making experience, how many conference realignment deals have you done?

Holy crap, with everyone of our post I think this is the dumbest post I have ever read, and then you post again and prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
That Warde and Herbst are sitting in Storrs like deer frozen in the headlights, one step behind reacting to what s happening. Nothing...zero...leadership or vision has been exhibited or communciated.

I have zero faith in the land of misfit toys in Storrs. Our wannabes have been taken to school by experienced bigs boys playing for keeps. Neither have the experience to handle this situation and it is showing.

You have no idea how silly you are going to look in the very near future. None, zero, zilch and nada.

Make sure you remember this post. OK?

Reaction Score
I'd rather hear nothing than all the pissing and moaning UL's president and Rick Pitino are doing. If they're complaining, they've got something to complain about.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

6"0-225

One of my favorite posts of all time. You are on a serious roll. And by the way, doesn't it depend on the security package that's pledged to the note what other liens may exist that are a priority? And 10% secured debt OID? What kind of crappy company are you trying to raise money for? The Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom