I can only assume... | The Boneyard

I can only assume...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That Warde and Herbst are sitting in Storrs like deer frozen in the headlights, one step behind reacting to what s happening. Nothing...zero...leadership or vision has been exhibited or communciated.

I have zero faith in the land of misfit toys in Storrs. Our wannabes have been taken to school by experienced bigs boys playing for keeps. Neither have the experience to handle this situation and it is showing.

Reaction Score
Of all of the stupid things I've read on this board and twitter in the past 2-3 days, this one takes the cake. Why do you feel that if they haven't made public what they are working on implies they are doing nothing at all? I certainly think they have enough to worry about and focus on then to make sure that "BlueDogs" feels confident about their leadership.

Also, Warde's in the Virgin Islands.

Reaction Score
The people on this board that pretend to know what kind of leadership Susan and Warde are providing are the duck*ing worst.

You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. None. All you have to go on is the occasional quote they give to the media, which typically goes something like "no comment."

Shut the duck* up already.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In the last wave of realignment, our leadership and Governor were heavily criticized for publicly politicking. Now they are taking the opposite (and correct) approach of working the back channels privately, you want to criticize? I know you're anxious...we all are. Just be patient and know that our leadership is doing everything they can to position UConn for future success. IF we are not invited, it won't be because our leadership did nothing.

Reaction Score
d8eafbab-5305-4997-bede-2ddb608e726e.jpg

Reaction Score
The people on this board that pretend to know what kind of leadership Susan and Warde are providing are the duck*ing worst.

You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. None. All you have to go on is the occasional quote they give to the media, which typically goes something like "no comment."

Shut the duck* up already.

I don't pretend. Whatever is going on behind the scenes is sheer scrambling at this point. The fact is if they did have it under control, we would not be where we are PERIOD. So, why don't you SHUT the duck UP and take some stock in reality. They might pull it out of their a$$es if the stars align, but the plain fact is they have been schooled. UConn is the one left holding the bag while everyone else bailed.

Reaction Score
I don't pretend. Whatever is going on behind the scenes is sheer scrambling at this point. The fact is if they did have it under control, we would not be where we are PERIOD. So, why don't you SHUT the duck UP and take some stock in reality. They might pull it out of their a$$es if the stars align, but the plain fact is they have been schooled. UConn is the one left holding the bag while everyone else bailed.

So.....what would you have them do? Are you sure that is different from what they are doing? Did anyone know what Maryland's President was doing just 7 days ago?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Boooooooooooo.

Reaction Score
Of all of the stupid things I've read on this board and twitter in the past 2-3 days, this one takes the cake. Why do you feel that if they haven't made public what they are working on implies they are doing nothing at all? I certainly think they have enough to worry about and focus on then to make sure that "BlueDogs" feels confident about their leadership.

I love you defenders. They are are the best negotiators and marketers around, right? Privately working behind the scenes like little JP Morgans. WRONG. What takes the cake is the refusal to deal with the facts on the ground. We are left holding the bag. Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, UWV, and LVille all but gone....we have been out manuevered time and time again.

Reaction Score
That Warde and Herbst are sitting in Storrs like deer frozen in the headlights, one step behind reacting to what s happening. Nothing...zero...leadership or vision has been exhibited or communciated.

I have zero faith in the land of misfit toys in Storrs. Our wannabes have been taken to school by experienced bigs boys playing for keeps. Neither have the experience to handle this situation and it is showing.

Good lord......first, unless you are an insider there is no basis for such an assumption.....second, you probably need a job or a hobby.

Reaction Score
So.....what would you have them do? Are you sure that is different from what they are doing? Did anyone know what Maryland's President was doing just 7 days ago?
The ACC is not falling apart. The BE has been for over 2 years,a nd the writing was on the wall. Big difference. Nobody likes to pick on newbies and we all want to feel good about our little trains that could, but the truth is you have very inexperienced folks with no history of dealing with these type of highstakes games. I dont expect them to be out front disclosing what they are doing, but they need to be outfront calming the passengeres on the sinking ship, putting out a vision and reinforcing that UConn will be a national force in Football one way or another and will be a legtimate BCS contender. They should have been marketing UConn to top conferences with a real financial incentive package. That has not happened because it would have been put through through legislature in one form or another as an authorization. They could have put aside contingent economic development funding for UConn sports along with stadium expansion funding contingencies... they could have done a lot and they DID NOTHING to publicly posture. You have eggheads runing the ship not business folks focused on selling a product and vision.

Reaction Score
Good lord......first, unless you are an insider there is no basis for such an assumption.....second, you probably need a job or a hobby.
Dont need a job...could use a new hobby since UConn Football is becoming a nonproduct.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

They don't have phones, television, or an Internet connection in the Virgin Islands. Everyone know that. Warde Manuel is on his own. Why do you think Tim Duncan came to the main land? :eek:

Reaction Score
They don't have phones, television, or an Internet connection in the Virgin Islands. Everyone know that. Warde Manuel is on his own. Why do you think Tim Duncan came to the main land? :eek:
Every busness deal I have ever seen get done, gets done face to face at the end of the day...unless you're telemarketing. Maybe Warde is telemarketing to the conferences.

Reaction Score
Listen, if we get situated properly, then hats off. But, I got to tell you this mad scramble should inform you that they are continually reacting. If you cant sell a school with multiple national championships, a top 35 media market, the highest median income demographic, proximity to NY and Boston, no competing professional sports program, you suck.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Every busness deal I have ever seen get done, gets done face to face at the end of the day...unless you're telemarketing. Maybe Warde is telemarketing to the conferences.

Fair...sort of...

However, who set a deadline?

And the term is: teleconference, which happens all the time. Telemarketers are the idiots I hang up on at 6:14pm when my family is getting ready to have dinner.

Reaction Score
How do you know the deal isn't done, and all that's left is a formal vote from the ACC when they meet?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Listen, if we get situated properly, then hats off. But, I got to tell you this mad scramble should inform you that they are continually reacting. If you cant sell a school with multiple national championships, a top 35 media market, the highest median income demographic, proximity to NY and Boston, no competing professional sports program, you suck.

Nope. It doesn't work that way. You've already submitted your vote of no-confidence. There were a few discussions on the board a couple weeks ago about fair-weather fans vs. front runners. Based solely on this post (because others have been relatively sane), an example of a fair-weather fan is who you saw in the mirror this morning.

Reaction Score
"there there Bluedogs, everything will be okay"-quote from Herbst to soothe Bluedogs to sleep while patting him on the back that makes everything better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dont need a job...could use a new hobby since UConn Football is becoming a nonproduct.

Maybe start drinking later in the day? Just a thought.

Reaction Score

postsobad.jpg

Reaction Score

Don't bother. Just let the child throw his tantrum.

Reaction Score
Nope. It doesn't work that way. You've already submitted your vote of no-confidence. There were a few discussions on the board a couple weeks ago about fair-weather fans vs. front runners. Based solely on this post (because others have been relatively sane), an example of a fair-weather fan is who you saw in the mirror this morning.

What is insane is continuing to assume folks are getting it done when the results say the opposite. I dont see how one is fair weather for pointing out something which ought to be plainly obvious. We're the last ones off a sinking ship. How you arrive at the notion that we should all be very pleased with the status quo speaks volumes about who cares about what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom