Hurley - “Shut Up” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley - “Shut Up”

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
These posters only post when UConn is losing and disappear when UConn is winning. Hurley is doing a great job. This year is a rebuilding year. The Syracuse win made everyone’s expectations change.

Reaction Score
Hurley can coach intensity and passion brilliantly. His emotion comes with the territory, and is a welcome change from KO-face and sitting quietly all game.

The question is: can he coach intelligence/BB IQ/situational awareness? That will take longer to evaluate.

Reaction Score
One thing I’ve been noticing with UConns tv coverage this year - There’s a “coach cam” that pops up in one box with the game action in another....I guess the thought is they’re trying to capture Hurley’s “passion” and that’s the only reason I caught the “shut up” moment. Can’t think of another coach in D1 where this “coach cam” consistently pops up during the broadcast....imagine if jimmy b was constantly being shown.....Vegas might offer up a nose picking prop

Reaction Score
I love the emotion. He really cares about his team and leaves his entire heart on the floor. The first 5 minutes where we came out firing were a direct result of his energy and enthusiasm. How can anyone be against that kind of passion? If you are UConn fan you love to see someone care about your program with all their heart and soul.

I hope he never stops and if it embarrasses you then you need to stop worrying about his “image” and worry more about having someone who has passion for your favorite team. Because no one else will bring more determination than him.

Reaction Score
Some of you are nuts.

A coach can show passion and motivate his team. I have absolutely no beef with that. But a coach should never engage players from the other team. And he damn sure should not use profanity toward another teams players or bench. The opposing coach, sure. Never the opposing players at the college level.

If you don't see that, I don't know what to say.

Reaction Score
Some of you are nuts.

A coach can show passion and motivate his team. I have absolutely no beef with that. But a coach should never engage players from the other team. And he damn sure should not use profanity toward another teams players or bench. The opposing coach, sure. Never the opposing players at the college level.

Agreed. I hope Benedict straightens him out.

There are 200 things Hurley has impressed me with. Just gotta dial in this one

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Some of you are nuts.

If it were truly that bad, Hamilton would’ve brought it up during his postgame presser. As far as I know, he didn’t, so...

Reaction Score
I can't knock Hurley and don't want him to temper his passion but no he shouldn't engage opposing team bench as a rule of thumb....I'm guessing he will check that himself going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some of you are nuts.

You are quick to blame Hurley. If FSU player/coach felt that Hurley was out of line, there would have been a confrontation during the hand shakes. My guess was the player was out of line

Reaction Score
He was yelling at the injured player, who then pointed to the scoreboard. During handshake line, they hugged it out.

Regarding Hurley, I was rooting for Nate Oats, but he shouldn't be judged after 10 games. Although he does appear to be all emotion, not much of an X and O guy

Reaction Score
Are we even 100% sure that the shut up was directed at a player? Or just speculating?

I didht see it so I’ll have to check it on the DVR later when I’m home.

I’m 100% on the Hurley train. His passion and enthusiasm for the team helpec to keep this from being a 30+ point blowout.

Team wants to run through walls for him.

Reaction Score
To bad the bigs play like they belong in DII.

Bigs weren’t the reason they lost today.

As an FYI on the “shut up” by Hurley was to Cofer (almost a Husky) it looked like. No biggie on either of them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He was yelling at the injured player, who then pointed to the scoreboard. During handshake line, they hugged it out.

Regarding Hurley, I was rooting for Nate Oats, but he shouldn't be judged after 10 games. Although he does appear to be all emotion, not much of an X and O guy

I‘m doubtful that a guy who grew up in the gym with Bob Hurley Sr. doesn’t have a decent Xs and Os background. At this point, it seems like the players just aren’t yet equipped to effectively run the half-court offense against high-major competition. Give him a little more time with these guys and the kids he brings in for next year.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is as close to Jim Calhoun as we could possibly get. If you don’t see that, you are too young to understand what it means. This guy is a maniac in the best way possible and our fan base is going to love him so much for it that he’s going to be here for 20-30 years. This is our coach, there is no place he’d be a better fit. Literally, nowhere. We are the the quintessential, northeastern program with the history and toughness that is the Hurley family tradition. This is a big deal for him and us. Get adjusted to him, he isn’t going anywhere for a long time. The fire burns hot with this dude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What???

Reaction Score
He did better than my own 12 year old son. On the sequence just before Adams got body checked where it was Mann (?) got away with a clear travel leading to an lay-up followed by Vital (?) basically being called for a travel on an identical move, he may have dropped a f-bomb. I gave him a T myself and told him if he does that again, I'm telling Mom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom