Hump Day (11/6) games: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hump Day (11/6) games: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Here's something you wouldn't necessarily expect. Ogunbowale shoving a Michigan State player away from the ball as the 3rd quarter ended and Mabrey playing peacemaker.
Ooh, I had switched to the SDSU-OK game but now I better switch back.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Was that after Thompsons flop with no contact?

I have it on mute so didn't hear, how did the crowd react to Reimer?

I guess Arike didn't think it was a flop...

I have on it mute, too, so I don't know.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
One thing standing out in this Notre Dame game is that when Mich S,t as bad as they are, runs they beat Notre dame down the court and Shepard struggles going up and down a few times without any half court set up.

That's where Vaughn's injury hurts. ND could really use another big to give the other posts more rest. McGraw clearly doesn't trust Patterson at all yet.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I guess Arike didn't think it was a flop...

I have on it mute, too, so I don't know.

Went back and watched. Nelson went down with no foul on that play but that had nothing to do with it. Johnson for Michigan State set a hard screen on Arike. Arike gave her a one-handed push back. As Johnson positioned herself for the rebound, she cleared out Arike with her forearm. Then Arike shoved her with two hands.

It ended up with both teams taking two free throws to start the 4th quarter.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Iowa defeats Iowa State in a major rivalry game. 58-55. Both teams shot around 30% (correct) for the game. Talk about a grinder.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Iowa defeats Iowa State in a major rivalry game. 58-55. Both teams shot around 30% (correct) for the game. Talk about a grinder.
Final score 61-55. Iowa State had the ball at 58-55 with less than 30 seconds to play, but missed three game-tying 3-pointers.

Iowa picks up a rare win at Hilton Coliseum. Gustafson of Iowa had 16 points and 14 rebounds. Carleton of Iowa State had a bad shooting day (3-16) but did her damage from the free throw line, finished with 17.

Reaction Score
The issue is that she hasn't developed. She was adequate as a backup center to Achonwa her freshman year, but she doesn't seem to have improved at all since then.
What’s the difference between developed and improved?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That's where Vaughn's injury hurts. ND could really use another big to give the other posts more rest. McGraw clearly doesn't trust Patterson at all yet.

I was wondering that

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score

I noticed that. Watched it twice. I didn’t see anyone touch her and clearly the refs didn’t either as she 2 looking right at her.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
These freshman are as good as advertised. They are a game changer.

I really wanna see how they do against Texas. I would like to see Tennessee beef up it’s schedule a bit with all these good recruits. Maybe add Louisville or Oregon.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I really wanna see how they do against Texas. I would like to see Tennessee beef up it’s schedule a bit with all these good recruits. Maybe add Louisville or Oregon.
No doubt that Texas will be the best team Tennessee has faced so far. I think it will be a good game. I think Oregon would be a good choice on the schedule.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Final score 61-55. Iowa State had the ball at 58-55 with less than 30 seconds to play, but missed three game-tying 3-pointers. Iowa picks up a rare win at Hilton Coliseum. Gustafson of Iowa had 16 points and 14 rebounds. Carleton of Iowa State had a bad shooting day (3-16) but did her damage from the free throw line, finished with 17.

Thanks for the score correction. ESPN’s play-by-play was jumbled up at the end of the game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I didn't see that Iowa-Iowa St. grinder, but watched one of the poorest played games I've ever seen. Gonzaga beat Washington St. 64-56 in Pullman. Zags had 16 TOs at halftime and seemed to continue in the 2nd half. Cougs were around 30% shooting all night, but about 3-22 from behind the arc. Cougs hung around because of TOs and O boards, but absolutely couldn't hit a shot. Barta from Gonzaga is a stud, she had 15 at halftime but then went out almost as soon as the 2nd half started w/ an ankle injury. It was just an ugly, ugly game. Tons of whistles from the refs, too. Shame on me for thinking the Cougs could challenge for the upper third of the conference. They look horrible. Terrible shot selection, poor ball movement, no discipline. I've said it before, Daugherty is not a good coach. Somehow she's managed to be employed coaching for quite a while.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I didn't see that Iowa-Iowa St. grinder, but watched one of the poorest played games I've ever seen. Gonzaga beat Washington St. 64-56 in Pullman. Zags had 16 TOs at halftime and seemed to continue in the 2nd half. Cougs were around 30% shooting all night, but about 3-22 from behind the arc. Cougs hung around because of TOs and O boards, but absolutely couldn't hit a shot. Barta from Gonzaga is a stud, she had 15 at halftime but then went out almost as soon as the 2nd half started w/ an ankle injury. It was just an ugly, ugly game. Tons of whistles from the refs, too. Shame on me for thinking the Cougs could challenge for the upper third of the conference. They look horrible. Terrible shot selection, poor ball movement, no discipline. I've said it before, Daugherty is not a good coach. Somehow she's managed to be employed coaching for quite a while.
Yikes.

Welp, at least Wazzu beat Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Lots of changes to the Lady Vol record book as a result of tonight’s game against Troy: Photos: Record-setting night for Tennessee Lady Vols basketball in win over Troy
Whoopee!! Troy!! 131 Points!! Impressive!!

Piph Prince's high school coach let her score 100 points against some poor overmatched team, too. Do you think she still feels good about that? UConn could have scored 131 points on 5 of the 7 teams we've played so far. But we didn't. And they weren't Troy (Who the hell IS that, anyway?).

I hope we get to play Tennessee in the tourney. No mercy: 143-42. I hate Tennessee.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yikes.

Welp, at least Wazzu beat Rutgers.

I couldn't find stats during the game. Finally got a look at them. Gonzaga ended up w/ 26 turnovers and the Cougars had a whopping 30 more shot attempts than GU. How is it possible to win a game under those circumstances? That's just mind boggling. Ineptitude by Wazzu.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I couldn't find stats during the game. Finally got a look at them. Gonzaga ended up w/ 26 turnovers and the Cougars had a whopping 30 more shot attempts than GU. How is it possible to win a game under those circumstances? That's just mind boggling. Ineptitude by Wazzu.
30 more shot attempts. Wow.
That's in a way kinda like the Tennessee game today. Troy actually took more shots than Tennessee but lost by 60+ points.

Reaction Score
That entire article just reads like a celebration of bullying.

Congratulations.

Not bullying. He’s just touting a great game by our freshmen and subs. The nine available players each played 18 to 24 minutes. During much of the game, upperclassmen starters, Jaime Nared, Mercedes Russell, and Meme Jackson were on the bench. The rest of the team (the four freshmen, senior sub, Kortney Dunbar, and redshirt junior, Cheridene Green) played similar minutes to the starters. Think about it. Why would we play our starters for any longer than necessary when we face Texas in just four days?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom