HUGE In-Home for Ollie Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
After one with Govan this weekend and Stone yesterday look who it is today...

@EvanDaniels: Kevin Ollie had an in-home visit with five-star guard Malik Newman today, per a source.
Thanks for the scoop, 3. Can you estimate, on average, how many in-home visits recruits have with coaches? Recruiting is a form of sales, and there seems to be a clear sales pipeline associated with the process. I don't follow it all that closely, but it appears to go something like this: Recruit returns interest from program > Recruit has an in-home visit with head coach > Recruit visits school unofficially > Recruit visits school officially > Recruit verbally commits > Recruit signs letter of intent > Recruit shows up on campus.

Obviously recruits can skip certain steps in this process. But I'm thinking that if we know how many in-home visits recruits typically have with coaches, we can get a general idea of what the chances are of landing a particular recruit. In-home visits seem to be a good thing because they mean KO's moving recruits up the pipeline. It would be great to get a handle on just how significant these visits are in the process.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My sister-in-law who is from Slovakia says "Do not examine the teeth of the horse that was given to you as a gift."

True, because teeth aren't edible.

Reaction Score
The real question is would Ollie not honor a commit or force someone out to make room for a recruit?
Well he does have an NBA pedigree and its ingrained culture. Not saying he will but he certainly is no stranger to this concept. In fact he has the most experience with this out of anyone in basketball.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think everyone is underrating how big of a get turtle was for us.. he's a 6'4 point guard with a composite of 98% on 24/7 no real weaknesses in his game, seems to be a 3 or 4 year guy with a great head on his shoulders(watch his interviews). He dominated that super sophomore camp last year at the time he was a top 15-20 guy before his injury. We seem to get a lot of these kids who get injured and drop off the radar and do well with them, I think it's because we have one of the best conditioning programs in the country.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think everyone is underrating how big of a get turtle was for us.. he's a 6'4 point guard with a composite of 98% on 24/7 no real weaknesses in his game, seems to be a 3 or 4 year guy with a great head on his shoulders(watch his interviews). He dominated that super sophomore camp last year at the time he was a top 15-20 guy before his injury. We seem to get a lot of these kids who get injured and drop off the radar and do well with them, I think it's because we have one of the best conditioning programs in the country.

Ollie has laid out a pretty clear blueprint for the kind of guards he's going after. Based solely on his snagging Prince and Turtle combined with his obvious enthusiasm for Purvis being able to contribute next year KO seems to prefer super athletic, bigger guards with the ability to score at will. I think he really proved with Boatright this year that he can mold an athletic freak into an efficient guard machine, which bodes really, really well for our future backcourts. Extremely interested to see what kind of 4/5 Ollie is ultimately looking for. Brimah and Lubin are really the only basis for drawing any opinions at this point and I'm not sure their respective recruitments are indicative of any larger trends. Only time will tell. Really exciting time to be a Husky fan.

Reaction Score
I swear we are the only fanbase that worries about having too much talent. Ollie has an in home visit with the best player in the country and people are wondering why we are recruiting him and wondering whether we will have enough room for him.
Pretty silly, isn't it! Makes you wonder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom