HUGE In-Home for Ollie Today | The Boneyard

HUGE In-Home for Ollie Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
That's huge all right. Probably the top shooting guard in the country. 6'3" 180 lbs, from Jackson Mississippi. Described as a scoring machine.

Reaction Score
Thats the #1 rated 2015 recruit by 247 sports for those not fully into the recruiting scene.

I was about to google, but thanks for putting that kind of info in there.

The internet also says he's a 6'3 shooting guard.

Not that you ever turn down a top-5 guy, but he seems possibly redundant with Jackson and Ali. Maybe he's insurance in case Purvis leaves after next year (highly unlikely, IMO).

Reaction Score
I was about to google, but thanks for putting that kind of info in there.

The internet also says he's a 6'3 shooting guard.

Not that you ever turn down a top-5 guy, but he seems possibly redundant with Jackson and Ali. Maybe he's insurance in case Purvis leaves after next year (highly unlikely, IMO).

Ali is coming in as a 6-5 to 6-6 high-flying slasher. While he is an SG, he'd likely play the 3 in Ollie's 3 guard lineup. Will Jackson has been called more of a PG who will share time with Samuel. So, Ali is Hamilton's backup, Jackson and Samuel sharing the 1, Purvis at the 2 with Jaylen Adams (or a kid like Newman also there) with Cassell Jr. swinging between the 1 and the 2.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Something for the thought train, Newman has been saying lately that him and Diamond Stone are planning on playing together in college.
one and dones or no

Reaction Score
After one with Govan this weekend and Stone yesterday look who it is today...

@EvanDaniels: Kevin Ollie had an in-home visit with five-star guard Malik Newman today, per a source.
That's great. We aren't even listed by most sites as schools he's interested in.

KO got his foot in the door with Jabari Parker right near the end, so I don't get my hopes up for these types of things, but it is impressive.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
How many 6'3 combo guards do we need though?

Reaction Score
Something for the thought train, Newman has been saying lately that him and Diamond Stone are planning on playing together in college.
Don't we only have one scholarship left??

Reaction Score
one and dones or no
I would say yes.
How many 6'3 combo guards do we need though?
Malik has been trying to transition to a PG for a while now. I remember reading an article on him that said in his HS practices he was doing drills 1 on 3 for him to improve his handle and decision making as a PG. Regardless, you don't say no to someone of this talent.
Don't we only have one scholarship left??
Technically, yes. However, things can change quickly as in a transfer or someone leaving early for the NBA. Room can be made.

Reaction Score
Technically, yes. However, things can change quickly as in a transfer or someone leaving early for the NBA. Room can be made.
I'm not as confident as you are that we can make room, well yes someone could breakout and go pro next year that is far from likely, then there won't be room sense it's very unlikely anyone transfers. I think it's possible that we have more than 3 but very unlikely.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is he only allowed 5 in-homes? If so...during what time period must they take place?

Reaction Score
I swear we are the only fanbase that worries about having too much talent. Ollie has an in home visit with the best player in the country and people are wondering why we are recruiting him and wondering whether we will have enough room for him.

Reaction Score
Is he only allowed 5 in-homes? If so...during what time period must they take place?
I don't recall any certain number of in home visits by recruits or coaches but I could be wrong. There is as limit of 5 official campus visits for each recruit.

Reaction Score
I swear we are the only fanbase that worries about having too much talent. Ollie has an in home visit with the best player in the country and people are wondering why we are recruiting him and wondering whether we will have enough room for him.
It's a nice problem to have, I'm happy we're recruiting them, I'm just worried that we won't have enough space for all the talent that wants to come here

Reaction Score
It's a nice problem to have, I'm happy we're recruiting them, I'm just worried that we won't have enough space for all the talent that wants to come here
Trust me on this one. UConn will make room for Malik Newman and Diamond Stone if they want to come here. You don't say, "Thanks, but no thanks guys. We can only take one of you."

C

Chief00

Ollie's in homes are impressive but need the assistants to keep the contact up. I think Ricky, from what I am told, connects well with the Deep South guys. So wouldn't be surprised if he is involved with Missisippi PG.

Reaction Score
If Malik wants to transition to point guard what better place to learn.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hopefully, any/all of these guys will have to settle for being be "two and dones" by the time 2015 rolls around with new NCAA age/years standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom