How was Enoch today? | The Boneyard

How was Enoch today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskies2929

I was watching other players, but it seemed like he got some okay time when brimah got a foul, and facey miller were being eaten alive. That put back would have been sweet... How'd he do?

Reaction Score
Enoch surprised me. He is faster up and down the court then either Brimah or Nolan. Showed he can finish as well. He jumps better and looks stronger then Brimah. Not only that he got himself in position to defend straight up without having to reach or commit a stupid foul. Brimah ran down the court on one sequence and just wrapped his arms around his man for an immediate foul when there was zero benefit - incomprehensible!

I wish Enoch had a year under his belt and I understand KO not wanting to put the late-game pressure on him today. But I think we might be seeing more of him late in games as well as overall minutes against different teams as the season goes on. The more I see Brimah the more nothing changes with his lack of instincts. The future may not be now but Enoch is it and the sooner the better.

H

huskies2929

With the nba emphasis on size and shooting and age I wouldn't doubt Enoch is drafted. 6'11 (7'1 with fro) 245lbs with a 7'3 wingspan is about as close to perfect nba PF size you can get. Couple that with his shooting ability (thigh he hasn't shown it in games) he could be gone with just a little development.

He has every tool to be an amazing player

Reaction Score
Enoch played pretty well. Give him the time, let Brimah get his minutes against Central Connecticut.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Enoch surprised me. He is faster up and down the court then either Brimah or Nolan. Showed he can finish as well. He jumps better and looks stronger then Brimah. Not only that he got himself in position to defend straight up without having to reach or commit a stupid foul. Brimah ran down the court on one sequence and just wrapped his arms around his man for an immediate foul when there was zero benefit - incomprehensible.

None of that is surprising as that was the scouting report coming in. Getting himself in good defensive position is great, as we are not sure how fast he'll pick up the structure of the D (or the O).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
First ignore of the season.

There's about 10 to choose from today. I never ignore anyone though. I need to be able to see who the nutcases are. 'Know your enemy' and all that jazz.

Reaction Score
Enoch surprised me. He is faster up and down the court then either Brimah or Nolan. Showed he can finish as well. He jumps better and looks stronger then Brimah. Not only that he got himself in position to defend straight up without having to reach or commit a stupid foul. Brimah ran down the court on one sequence and just wrapped his arms around his man for an immediate foul when there was zero benefit - incomprehensible!

I wish Enoch had a year under his belt and I understand KO not wanting to put the late-game pressure on him today. But I think we might be seeing more of him late in games as well as overall minutes against different teams as the season goes on. The more I see Brimah the more nothing changes with his lack of instincts. The future may not be now but Enoch is it and the sooner the better.
Enoch has a lot more natural talent than either Brimah or Nolan. He is just very young and KO doesn't trust him yet.

Reaction Score
,ah. Wanna defend AB? Let's see what he does against Maryland & OSU. He comes up big, you're right. Shrinks and establishes himself as a Central Connecticut "Giant" than ????

You're a clown, dude. I can't imagine you're any more well received on the football board, but you should stay over there. Waiting until a loss to show up on the basketball board is a pretty lame look.

Reaction Score
You're a clown, dude. I can't imagine you're any more well received on the football board, but you should stay over there. Waiting until a loss to show up on the basketball board is a pretty lame look.

So you are OK with the 2014 (four time) national champions, beating Maine, New Hampshire and Furman and then going 1-2 against big boy schools on national TV? Dude, every game on the schedule is important, but some much more than others for a school trying to escape a "Not-ready-for-prime-time" conference. This weekend needed to be so much more.

Reaction Score
So you are OK with the 2014 (four time) national champions, beating Maine, New Hampshire and Furman and then going 1-2 against big boy schools on national TV? Dude, every game on the schedule is important, but some much more than others for a school trying to escape a "Not-ready-for-prime-time" conference. This weekend needed to be so much more.

Overreact much? Team is still new to each other. Give them a few months before you cry in public. It's November dyckwad.

Reaction Score
Post/like ratio.

Reaction Score
Overreact much? Team is still new to each other. Give them a few months before you cry in public. It's November dyckwad.

Set the bar low, dyckwad jr? This is UConn, a program that collects national championships. Take a look at the Top 25, loaded with the usual suspects and they don't cry ". . . new to each other. Give them a few months", they just win. Hell by your il-logic, Kentucky should still be looking - in the Calipari era - for their first winning season.

Reaction Score

Post/like ratio.

Any scenario where you folks are patient (and optimistic) with a 6-4 record after 10 games that includes wins versus (Maine, NH, Furman, Michigan, Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut) and losses to (Syracuse, Gonzaga, Maryland and Ohio State)? Recheck the OOC record against better teams for last year's NIT, one and dones.

Reaction Score
Any scenario where you folks are patient (and optimistic) with a 6-4 record after 10 games that includes wins versus (Maine, NH, Furman, Michigan, Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut) and losses to (Syracuse, Gonzaga, Maryland and Ohio State)? Recheck the OOC record against better teams for last year's NIT, one and dones.

Rant on, I doubt anyone will continue to listen TD. You're a dope who thrives in egging on people after a loss, or in this case 2. Captain Obvious? nah just a fool. Enjoy your evening

Reaction Score
It's cool, son. You go ahead and be this year's "heartless, gutless" clown. We'll all just be laughing at you.

Reaction Score

Alcohol related arrest tonight? Relax. We may not win a NC this year but your rants won't change a fn thing. Hopefully you don't have a wife or a pet. It's basketball not our freedom. Get a grip.

Reaction Score
Answer to tonight's triva question. Last year's OOC against P5 opponents was 1 win (Florida) and 4 losses (West Virginia, Texas, Duke and Stanford), five if you count the NIT loss to Arizona State.

These games are too important to keeping a high national profile for UConn, as the program continues to live in a less well respected AAC where fans bitch in March about number of conference teams select to the tourney and the low seedings of those teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alcohol related arrest tonight? Relax. We may not win a NC this year but your rants won't change a fn thing. Hopefully you don't have a wife or a pet. It's basketball not our freedom. Get a grip.

Sounding awful Ivy League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99