How to guard Jaedon leedee | Page 6 | The Boneyard

How to guard Jaedon leedee

Reaction Score
You've just changed what I've said, so there is nothing to cite. Karaban should be the one patrolling him on the perimeter. That's all. We can live him taking shots, but not wide open shots. If Clingan gets caught in the action he needs to fall back and protect the paint, not fall for the bait.
...and just to follow-up on my point here. This isn't going to be a live and die by the sword scenario of Ledee shooting us out of the game. He's not going for 40 shooting like Rip Hamilton. The larger issue is him getting Clingan out of position and passing it to the open cutter down low.

Reaction Score
Even I think Solo is an NBA prospect and I'm pretty damn low on him compared to most on here.
Oh yeah? :)

So, what's this about hot shot?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240325_173243_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240325_173243_Chrome.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 50
Reaction Score
Hopefully this is shtick and not genuine.
If you think the kid is an NBA prospect than believe that. I'm not saying the potential isn't there, but if by prospect you're inferring probability or an unsubstantiated likelihood, then we're on different pages entirely.

Reaction Score
If you think the kid is an NBA prospect than believe that. I'm not saying the potential isn't there, but if by prospect you're inferring probability or an unsubstantiated likelihood, then we're on different pages entirely.

I don't give a about this debate. I also didn't say anything about Solo Ball - I was commenting on the fact that we are going to be subject to endless dumb arguments for the next three days so your response to me ("Ok, the kids athletic. Bam, NBA prospect! Who knew...") doesn't make any sense.

You just seem like you're being intentionally obtuse but there's plenty of that going around. Like I said, it's going to be a long 3 days.

Reaction Score
By your definition the top 500 ncaa players are NBA prospects. You're right, not hard to understand at all.
There are not 500 NCAA players with the physical tools that Solo Ball has. He is an elite athlete. Is he on NBA draft boards right now? No, and he shouldn't be. But with the way our staff develops players, there is no reason to think he won't be an NBA level prospect in his junior year. He's not on the Hawkins 2-year track, but he will be a very very good player if he sticks with us for a couple more years. You can't teach his athleticism.

Reaction Score
...and just to follow-up on my point here. This isn't going to be a live and die by the sword scenario of Ledee shooting us out of the game. He's not going for 40 shooting like Rip Hamilton. The larger issue is him getting Clingan out of position and passing it to the open cutter down low.
I’m truly confused at what you think SDSU’s game plan is going to be. Their entire offense revolves around LeDee getting touches in the high post or in and taking it to the hoop. If he turns into a guy that’s living on the perimeter and either passing or taking long 2’s or 3’s, SDSU is going to lose by 30+.

Karaban isn’t chasing LeDee to the perimeter. Clingan isn’t chasing LeDee to the perimeter. The guy averages an assist and 0.5 made threes a game. He's taking it to the hoop and Clingan is going to have the defensive responsibility alone when he’s in there.

Reaction Score
I’m truly confused at what you think SDSU’s game plan is going to be. Their entire offense revolves around LeDee getting touches in the high post or in and taking it to the hoop. If he turns into a guy that’s living on the perimeter and either passing or taking long 2’s or 3’s, SDSU is going to lose by 30+.

Karaban isn’t chasing LeDee to the perimeter. Clingan isn’t chasing LeDee to the perimeter. The guy averages an assist and 0.5 made threes a game. He's taking it to the hoop and Clingan is going to have the defensive responsibility alone when he’s in there.
The more valid question is how do we guard him if he gets Clingan in foul trouble. Which is a real possibility

Reaction Score

Everything you've said in this one post I've already said previously as my only concerns. Ledee getting Clingan away from the basket and ferociously driving to the bucket getting Clingan in foul trouble, or finding an open man in the paint. Even if Ledee doesn't get the assist, he'll get the hockey assist when someone drops off their man to cover Clingan's mistakes.

Reaction Score
There are not 500 NCAA players with the physical tools that Solo Ball has. He is an elite athlete. Is he on NBA draft boards right now? No, and he shouldn't be. But with the way our staff develops players, there is no reason to think he won't be an NBA level prospect in his junior year. He's not on the Hawkins 2-year track, but he will be a very very good player if he sticks with us for a couple more years. You can't teach his athleticism.
Stanley Robinson was in this elite athletic class you speak of as well. Solo better learn how to play the point if he wants to play in the League.

Reaction Score
I was just making mention we don’t have a physical match up—-6-8230/244 type. Karaban is prob 6-8215 and h as a lot of trouble guarding that size. Guarding dc— leedee 1v1 not gonna work either if leedee moves out to 20 and plays outside in using the dribble. It’s gonna be a strategy of changing defenders on the perimeter while using dc to clog paint. They have to guard dc with hard issues on the other side. I just don’t see a quick cut dry easy strategy. It’s game planning

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Simple answer is don't foul Ledee big man. But Ledee is elite at drawing fouls, and Clingan has a habit of fouling unnecessarily. It's no doubt a real concern.

But SDSU would need the combination of 2 early fouls on Clingan, and another 3-22 shooting day to even dream of an upset. This seems unlikely.

Reaction Score
Guarding dc— leedee 1v1 not gonna work either if leedee moves out to 20 and plays outside in using the dribble.
I feel like we’re turning LeDee into Giannis in this thread. That’s just not his game. He’s not going to be taking anyone off the dribble from 20 feet out.

He’s a solid shooter at very low volume and only brings it out when he is WIDE open. I’ve watched several SDSU games and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone play him out to the 3 point line. Even in the high post they sag off a bit and challenge if he goes up for the shot. Clingan has 5 inches on him. He’s going to be able to effectively contest the jumper without getting drawn too far from the paint on D.

The VAST majority of LeDee’s touches come in the paint either front post-ups, pick and roll, or face up stuff in the elbows/high post.

Reaction Score
I feel like we’re turning LeDee into Giannis in this thread. That’s just not his game. He’s not going to be taking anyone off the dribble from 20 feet out.

He’s a solid shooter at very low volume and only brings it out when he is WIDE open. I’ve watched several SDSU games and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone play him out to the 3 point line. Even in the high post they sag off a bit and challenge if he goes up for the shot. Clingan has 5 inches on him. He’s going to be able to effectively contest the jumper without getting drawn too far from the paint on D.

The VAST majority of LeDee’s touches come in the paint either front post-ups, pick and roll, or face up stuff in the elbows/high post.
This thread is like if people scouted a box score but are blind and also have no idea what any of the numbers mean

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Jaedon LeDee? Yes, I’ve heard. He destroys centers by the hundreds, and if he were here he’d consume the Huskies with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Face it, we can't stop him. We can't contain him. If we get him angry he may inflict enough carnage to destroy our program. I'm beginning to think we may have made a mistake by beating Northwestern.
Oh, come on now, he’s good, but he’s no William Wallace.

Reaction Score
I thought you just told AntG Solo isn't an NBA prospect.

It's getting really confusing in here lately, lolz.

We handled it in a DM. I think he's an NBA prospect... it's just exceedingly unlikely IMO. Worth keeping an eye on because of his length and athleticism though.

Reaction Score
I was just making mention we don’t have a physical match up—-6-8230/244 type. Karaban is prob 6-8215 and h as a lot of trouble guarding that size. Guarding dc— leedee 1v1 not gonna work either if leedee moves out to 20 and plays outside in using the dribble. It’s gonna be a strategy of changing defenders on the perimeter while using dc to clog paint. They have to guard dc with hard issues on the other side. I just don’t see a quick cut dry easy strategy. It’s game planning

You're not concerned enough to learn how to spell his name, so it can't be that big of an issue.

caw

Reaction Score
Ledee is a very good player. Not sure Clingan has faced anyone like him in a year. Closest is probably that dude he used to have to go against every day in practice last year.

Except Sanogo was better and three years younger.

Damn Ledee is almost 25.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
That's not really how defense works? If Clingan isn't guarding Ledee, who is he guarding? Their 6'6 PF? Why would be do that?

I'm not sure you understand what drop coverage is. It isn't a one man zone the whole possession... it's part of man defense. Drop coverage is a PnR coverage.

Well that's why Clingan just needs to go straight up, which he's been doing lately. He has every size advantage against LeDee, he just needs to trust that it will be enough to make LeDee alter his shot
Donovan hasn't fouled out this entire season, has only had 4 fouls four times in 32 games, and hasn't had more than three fouls since Feb 14. He has the foul thing figured out.

And with Ledee having to chase Samson when Clingan goes out, I feel a little sorry for him.

Other than that, we're doomed.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Simple answer is don't foul Ledee big man. But Ledee is elite at drawing fouls, and Clingan has a habit of fouling unnecessarily. It's no doubt a real concern.
Wrong, see above...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom