How good is Louisville this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How good is Louisville this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
And I can say that Baylor won the only time they played each other last year.

Of course. However, you'd like to imply that says something about what would have happened had they met again. And it doesn't say much, in fact, examining it helps explain why it is likely UConn would have won, and won big.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's hard to say how Louisville will do against UCONN based on this game. Louisville was playing a road game. The Schimmel girls seemed to be off their offensive game. Western Kentucky would do better than the other teams UCONN played other than Stanford and Maryland (maybe they would do better than them). They were a scrappy team for one half and came back to make it close at the half.

There would be a meltdown on this board if we beat WKU by a lesser margin of victory than we got against Penn State, UMD, or Stanford.

Reaction Score
Your approach of isolating games is meaningless. Louisville was crushed by UCONN in the NC game. More important than the score is they were completely overwhelmed. They realized that in the first half when we saw Jude Schimmel in panic on the bench realizing they could do nothing they had done against Baylor, Cal or anyone else. The games so far this season haven't demonstrated any change to the positive.
OK. So what? That was last year. I'll hold back my opinion on how they'll do against UCONN this season until I see more of Louisvilles games.

You guys said yourself that Louisville was hot with the three pointers against Baylor. They weren't when they played UCONN.

Reaction Score
I watched the game against WKU. It was back and forth scoring-wise much of the time. And during it I was thinking that I probably would've been there had things been different(I lived in Bowling Green for a few years when I was little.)

Reaction Score
OK. So what? That was last year. I'll hold back my opinion on how they'll do against UCONN this season until I see more of Louisvilles games.

You guys said yourself that Louisville was hot with the three pointers against Baylor. They weren't when they played UCONN.
Louisville being hot was only one factor involved in their victory. Baylor's offense was also limited by Griner's subpar game. A team that has a balanced offense would still have won the game. Louisville victory required not only that they were hot but that Baylor was not. Uconn has a balanced offense and it is far less likely that they would not produce offensively.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

They were hot mostly because Baylor decided that as long as Griner stopped everything in the lane the rest of the team could take the night off on defense and certainly not bother contesting shots beyond the arc. Baylor lost to Louisville because for 30 minutes they made absolutely no adjustment to what was happening on the floor. They spent the last ten minutes aggressively attacking on defense and on offense and not surprisingly they made a game of it - if they had done that for 30 minutes instead of 10 they probably would have won.
What can be said is that Baylor played their worst basketball at the end of their season and Uconn played their best. Baylor's worst got them a oneway ticket home from the regionals, Uconn's got them a NC.
Everyone talks about building toward the NCAAs and building through the rounds to the FF - Uconn lived that, Lousiville lived that, Baylor did not - blame the coaches, the players, or the refs, that still remains the story of the teams' seasons.

Reaction Score
I watched the game Sunday and Louisville looked like they will be no match for the UCONN Huskies at this point. They throw the ball away too much and don't shoot well enough.

I like both teams but I gotta be honest about it. I'm still looking forward to watching them play at Rutgers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom