HFD | The Boneyard

HFD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When THAT guy thinks olympic sports are more interesting than UConn Football, you know this team and fanbase are in trouble.

Reaction Score
When THAT guy thinks olympic sports are more interesting than UConn Football, you know this team and fanbase are in trouble.

I thought that you aren't supposed to post on the internet after a liver transplant.

Reaction Score
My guess is he spent the night in jail somewhere after stalking Warde. Or maybe he's coming up with a new # campaign

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Quite like Motel 8, I'll keep the light on for ya...

i dont even know where to start with this weekend but if i was a rep of the MAC league, i would question inviting us. everything from the stupid coaching staff down to the shocked parking workers that we had more than 20k fans and how do i park cars brain cramp that comes along with it. clean house. every ast coach, worker at the rent on gameday, hotdog grill guy. hell every fan with a tailgate of more than 4 ppl, you must cut off the worst of your 4 friends. it can be who tells the worst jokes, has the ugliest wife or who drinks the least. we need to clean house for this program, school and state. if by new years warde doesn't get his act together the damage he will have not acted on will be to much. KO is working his ass off and is held back by that contract. our OC could not beat a hs team right now. our gameday expierence has hit a 10 year low clearly. its unreal to think the cliff dive that has happened. it, warde i think u need to paint all the bleachers blue this summer just so when ppl get to the rent next year for game #1, they stay for a little while just becuase they are looking around the place to see if anything else is different. plus the blue will make it look like more ppk, are there instead of the 15k that are becuase you failed this state and university horribly. whats our ooc look like next year? oh my bad, sore topic these days.

a handful of BY's over on the mens board did a great thing working with the uconn foundation to set up a unreal situation for donating. hats off to them. it amazes me that we have all these grat die hard fans and yet the unviersity treats them like . basically laughing in our faces, haha you dont know what real football is, if you did then you wouldn't show up to watch the games becuase our staff ucks balls and so does our heavily restricitive/lawful atmosphere of tailgating. blah b;lah. this school is going down hill quick and it looks like nothing is going to stop it.

i wish there was a job in the ad that i could actually apply for, becuase i would. i would never post here again if it ment getting that job. there are 500 of me types on this baord, it amazes me that uconn as a school can't find one of us to go in there, drop fresh and correct ideas towards building this schools atletics to the next level. i am very close to giving up its so bad. i'm just beside myself at this point. 97 mad one little funny guy postand i got wayt to wild see^^^^. i need to just lurk fball topics for a bit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That was actually an amazing rant.

I've seen a lot of people call for a coach's head, but I have never seen someone fire everyone from the head coach right on down to people not pulling their weight at a tailgate.

That is thorough.

Reaction Score
Glad you're ok dude.

FWIW - nobody, NOBODY is accepting where we're at right now as OK. Best thing we can all do, is make sure that we continue to support our athletes and school in the best way we can. THe goal for this program needs to be to regularly compete for league titles and become a regular national ranked program. I'd like to see that made clear again, sometime soon, by the people in charge.

The football program, I'm quite sure, is going to get put under the microscope. WE had our usual approx 38,000 show up for a UConn v. Temple game b/w a 3-3 team and a 2-2 team that were picked to go nowhere this year, are unranked, wasn't on TV, and nobody really outside the local region was interested in. Our largest crowd so far this year if I'm not mistaken.

Rutgers, ranked nationally, playign the best they've played in a while, has had their largest game attendance, and interest - in a game against a then 3-2 UConn team, that had struggled to beat Buffalo and who's troubles on offense were well documented. Syracuse showed up down there in NJ last week, and they announced two thousand less than our game, but I guarantee the gate count, was much less, than the over 50k that showed up for UConn - Rutgers.

The what why, and how, that the interest is there for a football program like ours, in our region of the country, is going to get analyzed and broken down...

and the window of opportunity that the current leadership has, to maintain and grow that following and interest, is going to get smaller and smaller.

Reaction Score

I've seen a lot of people call for a coach's head, but I have never seen someone fire everyone from the head coach right on down to people not pulling their weight at a tailgate.

That is thorough.

... and the hot dog grill guy?? WTF did she do?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well... there's no quick fixes to this kind of thing. I know a LOT of boneyarders want Warde to fire one or more members of the coaching staff right away, but it still seems that if it happens it won't be in the middle of the season. I wish there were a quick fix but instead UConn football fans will have to endure the mediocrity at least through this season. It might be a while, but things will start heading in the right direction, either under P or the next head coach, and when it does the gameday experience will gradually improve. I just wish UConn could be a competitive, upper level BE team when Michigan comes to the rent, instead it looks like it'll be a lower level BE team.

As far as the Ollie situation, I'm a little less worried since I think Warde is going to either re-sign him before the end of the season or conduct a truly national search. This season was written off anyway so I am not expecting, nor do I think Warde is expecting, Ollie to have UConn finish the season ranked in the top ten or anything. I think Warde's objectives are more long term for 2014-2020 and he'll put in someone he thinks can sustain a high level, whether that's Ollie or someone else. Just my opinion.

Maybe the backdrop of some of this is the conference realignment stuff, or the lack of it in the case of UConn. We still don't know what's going to happen, yeah it would suck balls if Louisville or Rutgers is able to jump ship and UConn's stranded. But, IMHO we can't dwell on negative hypotheticals as a fan base, we have to let Warde take care of that stuff. If there are moves coming down the road UConn has more to offer than just our football record, try to keep that in mind, if it helps.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
i dont even know where to start with this weekend but if i was a rep of the MAC league, i would question inviting us. everything from the stupid coaching staff down to the shocked parking workers that we had more than 20k fans and how do i park cars brain cramp that comes along with it. clean house. every ast coach, worker at the rent on gameday, hotdog grill guy. hell every fan with a tailgate of more than 4 ppl, you must cut off the worst of your 4 friends. it can be who tells the worst jokes, has the ugliest wife or who drinks the least. we need to clean Fecunditying house for this program, school and state. if by new years warde doesn't get his Fecunditying act together the damage he will have not acted on will be to much. KO is working his ass off and is held back by that Fecunditying contract. our OC could not beat a hs team right now. our gameday expierence has hit a 10 year low clearly. its unreal to think the cliff dive that has happened. Fecundity it, warde i think u need to paint all the bleachers blue this summer just so when ppl get to the rent next year for game #1, they stay for a little while just becuase they are looking around the place to see if anything else is different. plus the blue will make it look like more ppk, are there instead of the 15k that are becuase you failed this state and university horribly. whats our ooc look like next year? oh my bad, sore topic these days.

a handful of BY's over on the mens board did a great thing working with the uconn foundation to set up a unreal situation for donating. hats off to them. it amazes me that we have all these grat die hard fans and yet the unviersity treats them like ****. basically laughing in our faces, haha you dont know what real football is, if you did then you wouldn't show up to watch the games becuase our staff ucks balls and so does our heavily restricitive/lawful atmosphere of tailgating. blah Fecunditying b;lah. this school is going down hill quick and it looks like nothing is going to stop it.

i wish there was a job in the ad that i could actually apply for, becuase i would. i would never post here again if it ment getting that job. there are 500 of me types on this baord, it amazes me that uconn as a school can't find one of us to go in there, drop fresh and correct ideas towards building this schools atletics to the next level. i am very close to giving up its so bad. i'm just beside myself at this point. 97 mad one little funny guy postand i got wayt to wild see^^^^. i need to just lurk fball topics for a bit.

I was the cause of all that?!? Holy moly....(I hope you're okay, dude, we all want you back safe and sound). Besides, I'm not equipped to handle the recruiting board...

Reaction Score

That is thorough.

I'm with you Fishy. I'm so overly concerned about winning football games, that I wasn't smart enough to realize that we had to lift tailgate restrictions to do so.

Luckily, we have HFD!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I was the cause of all that?!? Holy moly....(I hope you're okay, dude, we all want you back safe and sound). Besides, I'm not equipped to handle the recruiting board...

Ah, i like u. I was just waiting to rant. of all posters to even think of me whaler, makes this thread so it was a time bomb. So sick of the little league ideas this football program operates under. From gas grills only to run up the middle at a wall.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I can't promise when it will happen, but I can promise that when this program starts winning again we will all be having a blast. Sure, there will still be arguments on the boneyard, but at least the games and the game day experience at the rent will be fun again. I just hope it's not to far in the future.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Ah, i like u. I was just waiting to rant. of all posters to even think of me whaler, makes this thread so it was a time bomb. So sick of the little league ideas this football program operates under. From gas grills only to run up the middle at a wall.

What's up with the caps?

Reaction Score
Somehow, I can handle us sucking. Just a temporary down. Leadership made clear they will not tolerate mediocrity in football. Try being a Patriots fan since 1985 or a Whalers fan. (Whalers obviously no longer exist.)

Reaction Score

Don't ruin that rant by going soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak